Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My speedometer was never correct with the smaller tires. When I put the larger tires on it, the speedometer is correct (when compared to GPS).
Sponsored

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4d
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... If I just wanna make a 2% correction to the speedo, without any actual tire changing going on, this is the procedure?
Yeppers.

First you change the tire circumference in MM (by 2% in your case) in the BCM. Then you have to relearn the PCM and AWD modules. AWD works great, PCM is where we get the error. And if you leave it, you get a trouble code. The speedo does change, but there is a DTC.

Several people have indicated that they just left it with the code. I’m not sure what other stuff relies on the tire size being committed properly in the PCM, so I always put it all back in my attempts to get it to work.

Last edited:

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My speedometer was never correct with the smaller tires. When I put the larger tires on it, the speedometer is correct (when compared to GPS).
That’s awesome and lucky! My tire size adventure has been less satisfying, but based on all the research and poking around I’ve done I came to the conclusion that the speedo must be significantly off for a stock Black Diamond. The BCM is set to 2440mm, which is much smaller than the 265/70R17.

Out of curiousity, what tires did you put on that made the speedo correct without editing?

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

P160A Error Solved.

After completing the tire size change in the BCM and writing the new settings you must then execute a RELEARN on the AWD module. Merry Christmas!

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
P160A Error Solved.

After completing the tire size change in the BCM and writing the new settings you must then execute a RELEARN on the AWD module. Merry Christmas!
Does that clear the P160A DCT? I haven't been able to clear it. I have re-learned the AWD module and the PCM module, but the PCM module won't relearn (it fails at 2% with the infamous "service procedure interrupted" error) - which leaves the P160A (at least for me).

Were you able to get it to clear just by relearning the AWD module? Have I been doing it wrong all along? I would be thrilled to find that out.

Sponsored

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does that clear the P160A DCT? I haven't been able to clear it. I have re-learned the AWD module and the PCM module, but the PCM module won't relearn (it fails at 2% with the infamous "service procedure interrupted" error) - which leaves the P160A (at least for me).

Were you able to get it to clear just by relearning the AWD module? Have I been doing it wrong all along? I would be thrilled to find that out.
We upgraded to the latest FORSCAN (.44) - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the PCM MODULE to relearn , but it doesn’t matter as long as you RELEARN THE AWD MODULE - the error goes away and the wrench disappears from the screen.

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We upgraded to the latest FORSCAN (.44) - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the PCM MODULE to relearn , but it doesn’t matter as long as you RELEARN THE AWD MODULE - the error goes away and the wrench disappears from the screen.
Yes. Appreciate the update but that’s not what we are all talking about. We are talking about the PCM error. I believe all of us have relearned the AWD to clear the wrench. But it’s the PCM error that’s driving us nuts. Thanks for the input though.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. Appreciate the update but that’s not what we are all talking about. We are talking about the PCM error. I believe all of us have relearned the AWD to clear the wrench. But it’s the PCM error that’s driving us nuts. Thanks for the input though.
Okay, got it now - I’ll keep monitoring the thread to see if someone else can figure it out. I would suspect the solution lies with FORSCAN. I am using the OHP SCANNER and they brag that it “works flawlessly with FORSCAN”! Is anyone pursuing this with FORSCAN - it has to be something related to their software…

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Just make sure after you change the tire size to force the TCM and PCM to relearn and do the reset of the DTC, then you should not have any error messages:

13. Now we have discrepancy between tire size values known by PCM and TCM and new value stored in BdyCM. So we have P160A DTC in TCM module and P0610 in PCM module:

tire_size_change_8.jpg

14. In order to remove the discrepancy, we need to force PCM and TCM to “learn” the new value from the ECC. We can do it using Module Initialization/Relearn vehicle data functions for PCM and TCM module:

tire_size_change_9.jpg

Note: some cars may have other modules that require this operation, for example AWD, SOBDMC.

15. After running the Relearn functions, we need to reset the DTCs:

tire_size_change_10.jpg
When I try and do the PCM relearn It won't run, I says the process has been interpreted. I can do the AWD relearn no problem, Any ideas why that might happen?

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I try and do the PCM relearn It won't run, I says the process has been interpreted. I can do the AWD relearn no problem, Any ideas why that might happen?
That’s the purpose of this entire thread. No one here knows.

Sponsored

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

That’s the purpose of this entire thread. No one here knows.
Got it, I was able to take it to my dealer and they were able to run both relearn's using the official Ford tool. So I am good to go, but it's annoying not to be able to do it at home.

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it, I was able to take it to my dealer and they were able to run both relearn's using the official Ford tool. So I am good to go, but it's annoying not to be able to do it at home.
But did it zero out your wheel circumference size?

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, I'm all good, these are the values I set mine to. No lights, no error codes.

Ford Bronco How to: Recalibrate Speedometer with Forscan for 2021 Bronco Tire Circum
Wow. You may have solved everyone’s trouble. Provided the dealer knows what they are doing. And will do it.

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Wow. You may have solved everyone’s trouble. Provided the dealer knows what they are doing. And will do it.
So this is the exact series of events we followed. Changed the circumference in Forscan myself, then went to do the AWD relearn, which went fine. Then I tried the PCM relearn in ForScan, no luck. Took it to my dealer Spirit Ford in Dundee Michigan. They hooked it up in FDRS right in front of me ran the simple PCM relearn took 2 minutes, then we cleared the codes. No lights no issues, circumference is still where I originally set it. Been driving on it for 2 days with no issues.
Sponsored