BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also getting the error with the PCM relearn, no issue with the AWD relearn.
Yes. Same as me. No answer.
Same here. PCM interruption error. AWD relearn worked fine.

Put about 10 miles on it without throwing codes so I am gonna run it as is.

FYI, it wouldn't let me input 2800mm or higher (37" tires = 2950mm) and would keep kept throwing an error when running the AWD relearn. Ended up at 2760mm and was nuts on at 55mph. Will find what it reads at 80mph tomorrow
Sponsored

d8520

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone figured out how to resolve the service interruption with the PCM relearn after changing tire circumference?

d8520

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for your response. So it seems after setting the circumference we need to relearn the TCM, then the AWD (twice) and then the PCM to get no error codes? Great help---thanks

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just make sure after you change the tire size to force the TCM and PCM to relearn and do the reset of the DTC, then you should not have any error messages:

13. Now we have discrepancy between tire size values known by PCM and TCM and new value stored in BdyCM. So we have P160A DTC in TCM module and P0610 in PCM module:

tire_size_change_8.jpg

14. In order to remove the discrepancy, we need to force PCM and TCM to “learn” the new value from the ECC. We can do it using Module Initialization/Relearn vehicle data functions for PCM and TCM module:

tire_size_change_9.jpg

Note: some cars may have other modules that require this operation, for example AWD, SOBDMC.

15. After running the Relearn functions, we need to reset the DTCs:

tire_size_change_10.jpg
Ran this tire size change and PCM and AWD reset/relearn and it worked perfected - service wrench DTC gone - all humming smoothly - in fact I feel like the shifting got smoother with the relearn (maybe just my imagination) - Thanks for taking the time to post and teach a novice Forscanner.

Sponsored

mpdnj

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep getting the PCM interruption error also. Did the AWD relearn a bunch of times and it worked fine but still have the P160A DTC. Any ideas?

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep getting the PCM interruption error also. Did the AWD relearn a bunch of times and it worked fine but still have the P160A DTC. Any ideas?
Same things as me. I just ended up leaving it.

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have a fix, but I get the same issue. Quits at 2%, "service procedure has been interrupted"

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have a fix, but I get the same issue. Quits at 2%, "service procedure has been interrupted"
Ya. Same. I’ve tried the latest update of Forscan. I’ve got the newest vlinker cable and same thing that happened to you happened to me.

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4d
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya. Same. I’ve tried the latest update of Forscan. I’ve got the newest vlinker cable and same thing that happened to you happened to me.
I've had the same problem and I've tried to be a little scientific about diagnosing the issue.

1. I started with a ODBLink EX (recommended by FORScan) and a paid extended license of v2.3.44 running on a Windows 10 virtual machine (Parallels) on a MacBook Pro. Couldn't relearn the PCM module.

I decided that I needed to eliminate the MacOS piece, so...

2. I bought a refurbished Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10. Running same FORScan version (v2.3.44) and ODBLink EX, couldn't relearn the PCM module.

3. Finishing the setup of the Surface, I installed Windows 11. Same result (as expected).

So I poked around on the interwebs... there is a beta version of FORScan (v2.4.5beta3).

4. I tried the Surface running Windows 11 with the ODBLink EX with FORScan v2.4.5beta3, couldn't relearn the PCM module.

I poked around some more on the Googles. Found that some people had luck with the ancient version of the ELM327 adapter (even though FORScan explicitly no longer recommends it). Amazon had one for $20 with a 5% coupon, which I spent on expedited shipping (arrived overnight at 0800 today).

5. I tried the Surface (Win11) with the ELM327 adapter... and it was an excruciating experience. Takes forever, requires you to flip the switch back and forth several times per session. And all that for nothing - still can't relearn the PCM module.

I am beginning to think that different levels of firmware on the vehicles result in different results. Some people report being able to change the tire circumference and relearn the PCM and AWD modules successfully. Many people report the experience that we've had... granted, probably fewer people report their success experiences than the unsuccessful experiences, but I *think* some people are having success.

Unless people are ignoring the DTC on the PCM... Several people even in this thread have said "and I just left it".

Anyway, just wanted to share in case you're like me and you can't let it go. I may *have* to let it go because there may not be an answer. Yet.

Sponsored

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had the same problem and I've tried to be a little scientific about diagnosing the issue.

1. I started with a ODBLink EX (recommended by FORScan) and a paid extended license of v2.3.44 running on a Windows 10 virtual machine (Parallels) on a MacBook Pro. Couldn't relearn the PCM module.

2. I bought a refurbished Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10. Running same FORScan version (v2.3.44) and ODBLink EX, couldn't relearn the PCM module.

3. Finishing the setup of the Surface, I installed Windows 11. Same result (as expected).

So I poked around on the interwebs... there is a beta version of FORScan (v2.4.5beta3).

4. I tried the Surface running Windows 11 with the ODBLink EX with FORScan v2.4.5beta3, couldn't relearn the PCM module.

I poked around some more on the Googles. Found that some people had luck with the ancient version of the ELM327 adapter (even though FORScan explicitly no longer recommends it). Amazon had one for $20 with a 5% coupon, which I spent on expedited shipping (arrived overnight at 0800 today).

5. I tried the Surface (Win11) with the ELM327 adapter... and it was an excruciating experience. Takes forever, requires you to flip the switch back and forth several times per session. And all that for nothing - still can't relearn the PCM module.

I am beginning to think that different levels of firmware on the vehicles result in different results. Some people report being able to change the tire circumference and relearn the PCM and AWD modules successfully. Many people report the experience that we've had... granted, probably fewer people report their success experiences than the unsuccessful experiences, but I *think* some people are having success.

Unless people are ignoring the DTC on the PCM... Several people even in this thread have said "and I just left it".

Anyway, just wanted to share in case you're like me and you can't let it go. I may *have* to let it go because there may not be an answer. Yet.
hah. I just downloaded the latest update last night and tried again. Still same issue with the PCM. At least it doesn’t throw a check engine light.

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Okay, so I couldn't let it go...

I found an archive of old versions of FORScan and discovered the earliest mention of the 2021 Bronco thinking "maybe it worked once and then they broke it". No joy.

2.3.43 btw.

b4000

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, so I couldn't let it go...

I found an archive of old versions of FORScan and discovered the earliest mention of the 2021 Bronco thinking "maybe it worked once and then they broke it". No joy.

2.3.43 btw.
2.3.44 now isn’t it? Whatever I tried again last night didn’t work.

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3.44 now isn’t it? Whatever I tried again last night didn’t work.
Yeah, was hoping an old version might work. Might explain why it works for some and not others. Anyway, no soap.