Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Use the PCM service function instead of the PCM relearn. The PCM relearn doesn't work.

Detail:
1- I used FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220221 (version that supports MY2022 goat modes) with OBDLink EX. You will also need a FORScan demo license.
FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220221.exe

2- Set front/rear TPMS and tire size in BdyCM. For KM3 37x12.50R17D on sasquatch wheels, use 35psi and 2760mm. For sasquatch stock tires and wheels, use 39psi and 2653mm. Tire circumference cannot exceed 2800mm. DTC's will be set in 2-3 modules that will need to be fixed.
1649394491708.jpeg
1649394530773.jpeg
1649394551830.jpeg

3 - To fix the non-PCM DTC's, run the AWD relearn. Don't run the PCM relearn (it doesn't work).
1649394679054.jpeg

4 - Clear the DTC's. All should be cleared except PCM.
5 - Run the PCM reset-all-adaptations service function. This will fix the size mismatch and also clear the PCM DTC. It will relearn the engine/trans/fuel adaptations over time while driving.
1649394808203.jpeg

6 - Confirm all DTCs are cleared.
1649394872617.jpeg

7 - Install a free speedometer app with tenth-mph readout on your phone and testdrive to confirm speed is within 0.5mph at 60mph cruise control. For new tires, the actual speed should be a little higher than speedo. For worn tires the actual speed will be a little less.
Why would there be a max tire size? my 38's will be 3000mm
Sponsored

BroncoAg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ran into the max tire size (circumference) issue tonight. I just put on 37s and I have a 4DR Auto Base Sas, default tire circumference was 2653 for the original 35's.

Anyone else have this issue? I tried doing the AWD/PCM reset with no luck. I Did not try "PCM reset all adaptations" as I just saw this thread. For me, ANY other module you run (PCM reset, AWD reset, etc.) will warn you that tire circumference is outside of the allowed range, though the reset will let you proceed anyway. As soon as you're done the DTC's reappear for me (P0422).

EDIT -Leaving this up in case anyone else runs into this issue. For me, 2760 as recommended by rtaylor was pretty spot on for 37's (for sure close enough for me!). I was trying numbers above 2800 which is the issue.

Changing to 2760mm circum. in BdyCtrl
Relearn AWD module
Reset DTCs
Reset all PCM adaptations in Services

^ worked for me. Dead on at 50 and 60mph on flat ground with cruise on as checked by Waze.

Hopefully this helps others - I think my mistake was taking the tire circumference too literally when I converted measured diameter to circumference. You don't need to scale this exactly it seems.

Last edited:

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran into the max tire size (circumference) issue tonight. I just put on 37s and I have a 4DR Auto Base Sas, default tire circumference was 2653 for the original 35's.

Anyone else have this issue? I tried doing the AWD/PCM reset with no luck. I Did not try "PCM reset all adaptations" as I just saw this thread. For me, ANY other module you run (PCM reset, AWD reset, etc.) will warn you that tire circumference is outside of the allowed range, though the reset will let you proceed anyway. As soon as you're done the DTC's reappear for me (P0422).

EDIT -Leaving this up in case anyone else runs into this issue. For me, 2760 as recommended by rtaylor was pretty spot on for 37's (for sure close enough for me!). I was trying numbers above 2800 which is the issue.

Changing to 2760mm circum. in BdyCtrl
Relearn AWD module
Reset DTCs
Reset all PCM adaptations in Services

^ worked for me. Dead on at 50 and 60mph on flat ground with cruise on as checked by Waze.

Hopefully this helps others - I think my mistake was taking the tire circumference too literally when I converted measured diameter to circumference. You don't need to scale this exactly it seems.
I tried 2800 and 2799 based on the reported 2800 limit and couldn't get the codes to clear. I was able to get the codes to clear at 2760, but I'm about 1 mph off at 80 mph. I know, I know... Close enough...

Has anyone been able to get codes to clear higher than 2760?

BroncoAg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you try 2770 or anything in between 2760 and 2800? I did the same thing where the number I calculated was way too high. I tried 2800 by pure chance, it didn't work. I did more reading, went back and 2760 was good. Try something else and confirm via GPS it's fixed.

Gorgar84

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Guys, I'm trying to recalibrate my 2023 to 35s. I bought the forscan license and bought this reader from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have connected it to the car and get the message that this does not work with the current vehicle. It gives me a screen to put in the PCM part number, when I do it says the vehicle is not supported. I have followed the youtube video but his does not seem to have these issues. Is it because mine is a 2023 and is not available yet?

Thanks

Sponsored

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you try 2770 or anything in between 2760 and 2800? I did the same thing where the number I calculated was way too high. I tried 2800 by pure chance, it didn't work. I did more reading, went back and 2760 was good. Try something else and confirm via GPS it's fixed.
Not yet... I was hoping someone else already figured it out before I go back in it. I'll probably give it a shot this coming weekend.

BroncoAg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
^^ Try emailing forscan for 2023 models, you may need a beta software version they didn't post on the website yet. They should send a link over.

Not yet... I was hoping someone else already figured it out before I go back in it. I'll probably give it a shot this coming weekend.
Fair enough. If you're off by 1mph at 80 that's ~1.25%, just raise whatever number you entered by that much and see how it goes. I really over thought it trying to calculate the perfect number but just using GPS and rough math worked better in the end.

Reactions: cgv

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys, I'm trying to recalibrate my 2023 to 35s. I bought the forscan license and bought this reader from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have connected it to the car and get the message that this does not work with the current vehicle. It gives me a screen to put in the PCM part number, when I do it says the vehicle is not supported. I have followed the youtube video but his does not seem to have these issues. Is it because mine is a 2023 and is not available yet?

Thanks
Possibly, but that is an old version of the connector. The new ones automatically switch between modes and are worth any amount more they may cost. I use the Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 adapter and it works great.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add one note that might help somebody.

I followed the @rtaylor process from page 8 of this thread, and it worked great for me: make the tire circumference change on the body module, then relearn AWD, then clear DTC, then PCM reset adaptations.

One note though: this may not work with the latest version of FORscan, which at the time of this writing is 2.3.51. Right in the release notes on the FORscan website it notes there is a bug. It reads: " bug: unable to access PCM in Bronco U725 2.3 Ecoboost " That is exactly what happened for me, when I connected it did not even show the PCM module in the list. So, I installed version 2.3.48 instead, and it worked perfectly. See link here for the list of versions available for download.

mayer7196

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just an FYI to whoever downloaded the newest update (2.3.52)

I followed the @rtaylor process from page 8 of this thread, and it worked great for me: make the tire circumference change on the body module, then relearn AWD, then clear DTC, then realized there was NO "PCM reset adaptations" listed, so I did "PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" and it worked/cleared PCM code.

2023 Outerbanks.

Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For whatever it's worth, I'll also add my experiences here.

I had the same successful experience with the previous post when using the 2.3.52 version of FORSCAN. I was able to update tire size, and then clear the DTCs after running the PCM "Module initialization/relearn from Central Configuration" and the like-named procedure for AWD. I attempted the same process using an older version of FORSCAN about this time last year, and the PCM procedure would error out. It was awesome to see it succeed with the new version!

I've got a 22MY base with a 2.3, manual, and the standard transfer case. I used the OBDLINK EX adapter.

This thread has been very helpful for identifying what software version and procedure might work, I'm glad folks have been posting with their experiences, it got me motivated enough to update my software and try again. Thanks everyone who has chipped in šŸ»

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like my circumference was reset to stock the last time it was at the dealer. I noticed my MPG was off. Then tested MPHā€¦tried to fix it and I canā€™t clear PCM. I need to check which version of Forscan Iā€™m runningā€¦

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like my circumference was reset to stock the last time it was at the dealer. I noticed my MPG was off. Then tested MPHā€¦tried to fix it and I canā€™t clear PCM. I need to check which version of Forscan Iā€™m runningā€¦
Were you ever able to get your issue fixed? I just went to 285/75/17s from the stock 265/70/17s on my BD. I ordered the cable Forscan recommends from Amazon, but Iā€™m incredibly nervous to do thisā€¦

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Were you ever able to get your issue fixed? I just went to 285/75/17s from the stock 265/70/17s on my BD. I ordered the cable Forscan recommends from Amazon, but Iā€™m incredibly nervous to do thisā€¦
I havenā€™t plugged back in. Panda Motorworks offers a remote option if youā€™re not comfortable messing with Forscan. I get it. I imagined bricking my truck when I first started messing around.

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I havenā€™t plugged back in. Panda Motorworks offers a remote option if youā€™re not comfortable messing with Forscan. I get it. I imagined bricking my truck when I first started messing around.
Thanks for letting me know about them. I was very close to using their service and then said screw it and tried it myself. I used the instructions on page 8 of this thread, but used the PCM "Module initialization/relearn from Central Configuration" (as it was fixed so the work around is no longer needed) and tweaked it a few times until I got my speedometer pretty close (Iā€™m probably .5 mph faster, but the tires are brand new so it should be a little fast). After doing this several times, I feel like a pro now šŸ˜‚
Sponsored