John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this is a first. Could be a useful video for all those swapping to larger tires immediately.

I'm not sure I'd want to do this myself, especially since after he changed tire size and tpms settings, he got check engine lights and had to go back and reset the AWD Settings! What else could go wtong? BUT, how much should this cost at a dealer? Do dealers know how to do this? And does this have any effect on the Warranty?

However, its nice to know what Im asking a dealer to do!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure I'd want to do this myself, especially since after he changed tire size and tpms settings, he got check engine lights and had to go back and reset the AWD Settings! What else could go wtong? BUT, how much should this cost at a dealer? Do dealers know how to do this? And does this have any effect on the Warranty?

However, its nice to know what Im asking a dealer to do!
With regards to doing yourself, it is imperative that you save the default profile before making any changes. The guy mentions it, but doesn't put the emphasis that it deserves. Having the default profile is your safety net. Make whatever changes that are needed. If there are problems, just restore the default.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this is a first. Could be a useful video for all those swapping to larger tires immediately.

Great info here. I have my AT3XLT 285/70R17 mounted on Ultra Rims, just no Bronco yet. I will definitely favorites this thread.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to chuckle everytime I hear Forscan it seems like a combination of foreskin and Fortran (one of the first computer programming codes) why didn't they just call it FORDSCAN??!!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome thanks for sharing! If you get time can you check to see if there’s an option to enable a fog light button?

We found out the wiring is there for the fogs (even when they’re missing like on the mod bumper). If it can be enabled on Forscan then all that would be needed is a switch and some aftermarket lights 😎

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just make sure after you change the tire size to force the TCM and PCM to relearn and do the reset of the DTC, then you should not have any error messages:

13. Now we have discrepancy between tire size values known by PCM and TCM and new value stored in BdyCM. So we have P160A DTC in TCM module and P0610 in PCM module:

tire_size_change_8.jpg

14. In order to remove the discrepancy, we need to force PCM and TCM to “learn” the new value from the ECC. We can do it using Module Initialization/Relearn vehicle data functions for PCM and TCM module:

tire_size_change_9.jpg

Note: some cars may have other modules that require this operation, for example AWD, SOBDMC.

15. After running the Relearn functions, we need to reset the DTCs:

tire_size_change_10.jpg

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome thanks for sharing! If you get time can you check to see if there’s an option to enable a fog light button?

We found out the wiring is there for the fogs (even when they’re missing like on the mod bumper). If it can be enabled on Forscan then all that would be needed is a switch and some aftermarket lights 😎
That’s great news that the wiring is there! There is a dedicated Forscan thread. I’m sure once the spreadsheet is created it will be posted there. Some have been using the latest F150 doc. I’m about to make a few mods today.

What would you have to change on the computer end? Isn’t it just an on/off switch? I’ll defiantly be looking to do this instead of taking up the extra AUX switch.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My tires are 35/12.5R17 I got 2791 for the circumference. Am I right guys?
I’m going from base tires.
Tarikh, most 35s aren’t exactly 35.0” in diameter. For example, Sasquatch tires (LT315/70 R17) are 34.4” diameter, so the circumference for that tire would be 2741 mm. Not a big difference between 2741 and 2791, but it’s still smaller. So be sure to use your exact tire diameter, and not the nominal diameter marketed by the tire maker. Might as well be exact, if you can. 👍

Ford Bronco How to: Recalibrate Speedometer with Forscan for 2021 Bronco 2E71A43C-3914-4506-B1FD-E4302BFBE9FF

Source: 2021 Bronco Factory Tire Size & Wheel Size Comparisons (Circumference, Diameter, Height, Width, Bolt Pattern, Center Bore)

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My tires are 35/12.5R17 I got 2791 for the circumference. Am I right guys?
I’m going from base tires.
From my research in general, each Manufacturer could be a little different, but maybe not enough to matter.
Sponsored