Sponsored

How to reduce your Bronco wait time (my experience ordering from Ford previously)

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This suggests that once you order, the vehicle belongs to the dealer and they can decide what happens if you choose to cancel. I'm thinking most will gladly allow you to cancel and have a vehicle they can sell.

I don't think any dealer will turn down a Bronco, but yes, at some point it will belong to the dealer with no going back. I just don't know when. My guess is that point will be when the VIN is assigned, but this is new from how things have been in the past so we'll see.
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, this probably won't apply to Bronco. However on your Mustang order, there are two types (excluding fleet and other special order types like autoshow). Stock is just that, for the dealers lot, priority code must be over 20. Retail means sold order, must have a name and priority of 10-19 (1-9 can be assigned by Ford, but not dealers). In the old days we used to generate allocation for retail orders automatically, so a trick was to put a retail at 40 and stock at 20, the retail would generate the allocation and the stock would schedule, and could do it again the next week, now the priority code rules keep that from happening. We also get allocation monthly instead of weekly. Scheduling happens weekly on Thursdays.

Now we have a new system called OTD, thats different. Some (F150) are on the old system, but Esxape and Edge are on the new and i was told that's how Bronco will work. On this we take our allocation, and then have to pick model and drive. Then when its week comes up Ford puts the order in. The dealer can change colors and such, but not model. With this system we can only order retails, but they get scheduled usually the same week and without allocation.

I haven't seen how its going to happen, but I was told Ford would use the OTD system for the reservations. I don't think the dealers will have any control over scheduling time.
ill ask the dumb question, but could we just nicely ask the salesman to write a high priority number at time of ordering?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ill ask the dumb question, but could we just nicely ask the salesman to write a high priority number at time of ordering?
The sales reps do not do the ordering in many stores the inventory manager does...

As for priority I believe the reservations will have their own like the Mach E did...

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sales reps do not do the ordering in many stores the inventory manager does...

As for priority I believe the reservations will have their own like the Mach E did...
i see. Regardless of who is placing an order, is at all possible to ask them to bump priority up? I realize this is ineffective if everyone does it, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i see. Regardless of who is placing an order, is at all possible to ask them to bump priority up? I realize this is ineffective if everyone does it, but doesn’t hurt to ask.
Not ineffective at all. The % of people that complete final ordering quickly compared to the $100 deposit will not be very high in car production comparison.

“Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.”

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My salesman has always done that without me even asking.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think these will even have a priority. If they go through the OTD system like I think they will, they will be put in the bank by Ford which should happen in order of reservation. Again, as I keep saying in other threads, In order of reservation adjusted for Commodities. Based on what I'm seeing here, I think V6 and Sasquatch are going to sell in higher quantities than Ford can build so I expect orders with these to get built in order and other orders with out them to get pulled ahead and built due to availability. I could be wrong, but it would be a first, EVER if Ford didn't have controls that limit orders each week. That said it might not be V6 or Sasquatch, could be any option, but those two are my bet. There is also possibility of material holds where Ford doesn't have the parts for an option, could be axles, tires or anything, when this happens those orders aren't buildaable, so they get skipped for ones that are. These are usually short term, but after the short term hold, they usually stay on the commodity list a while.

I'd also like to note that the priority codes are only for orders at that dealer. They don't matter dealer to dealer. If dealer A starts at 10 and Dealer b at 17, dealer B's orders can schedule first, the priority's are just for within that dealership. The only exceptions (kind of) is that the 01-09 Ford Priority's tend to schedule first, but they are very rare, Shelby orders are 01'd when that dealers allocation comes up to take them off material hold. I've only ever seen 01 and 02 codes. I'd also like to note that on other vehicles (again I don't think this will apply to Bronco), a dealer that puts all sold at 10 doesn't help an order either, he's telling Ford he doesn't care which one first. It SUPPOSED to be oldest order first if multiples at same priority, but my experience says its the one with the fewest commodities on it that tends to pull.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will the customer have access to view color, sit in or test drive an actual Bronco at a dealer prior to placing the order in December?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the customer have access to view color, sit in or test drive an actual Bronco at a dealer prior to placing the order in December?
I doubt it, I'd bet 90% chance no test drives, but there is a possibility they'd have some at large events to see (Nascar race, etc), but with Covid, all bets are off.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will have at least 1 but more likely two this year...Dealers that meet certain criteria can/have signed up for the mannequin program...

We as a dealership get to have the Bronco and Bronco Sports for 4 months or 4,000 miles prior to being able to sell it per the Ford rules but I have not seen our mannequin orders for the Bronco...

Last edited:

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will have at least 1 but more likely two this year...Dealers that meet certain criteria can/have signed up for the mannequin program...

We as a dealership get to have the Bronco and Bronco Sports for 4 months or 4,000 miles prior to being able to sell it per the Ford rules but I have not seen our mannequin orders for the Bronco...
You'll have Bronco Sports this year, not Bronco (and getting the Sports this year may still be a question with the rail issues in Mexico preventing the final Fusions from being built). Only the Sport program is open, in EFC08394 it says" Note: Enrollment and execution of the Bronco and Bronco Sport FCTP programs will occur at different times and dealers will be made aware of each program prior to its inception. " Bronco Sport deadline was July 15th, no info yet on Bronco. It does say that these units will be built before Reservation orders, but I don't think they'll be on lots until OK to ship is given next spring, and are likely going to be the early builds that get held at the plant so there's a good chance they won't arrive until after some reservation orders. Also they'll be under FCTP so its 2,000 mile minimum unless thats changing for 2021.

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll have Bronco Sports this year, not Bronco (and getting those this year may still be a question with the rail issues in Mexico preventing the final Fusions from being built). Only the Sport program is open, in EFC08394 it says" Note: Enrollment and execution of the Bronco and Bronco Sport FCTP programs will occur at different times and dealers will be made aware of each program prior to its inception. " Bronco Sport deadline was July 15th, no info yet on Bronco. It does say that these units will be built before Reservation orders, but I don't think they'll be on lots until OK to ship is given next spring, and are likely going to be the early builds that get held at the plant so there's a good chance they won't arrive until after some reservation orders. Also they'll be under FCTP so its 2,000 mile minimum unless thats changing for 2021.
Nathan

Not to be snotty here but I know what we are getting into our Store.

I will only opine on my stores processes & inventory.

Do me a huge favor and please do the same for yours!

I have already read all of the information from Ford Motor Company has put out.
Sponsored