Sponsored

How to replace fog lights on Capable Bumper?

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the Diode Dynamics Elite Fog lights from 4x4truckleds. They dont come for a few weeks and havent been confirmed to fit the capable yet, but I figured there’s no way ford would design a different fog mount for the capable vs standard (plastic) bumper, so maybe I’ll be the guinea pig here. Plus DD themselves mention on their site that their ss3 fog kit does fit the capable.

anyway, has anyone replaced their fogs yet, Perhaps with the ss3 kit? Any tips on installation/trim removal?
Sponsored

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same boat but have been waiting on someone else to be the guinea pig, so thanks. Lol. Please keep us updated with your results.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered the Diode Dynamics Elite Fog lights from 4x4truckleds. They dont come for a few weeks and havent been confirmed to fit the capable yet, but I figured there’s no way ford would design a different fog mount for the capable vs standard (plastic) bumper, so maybe I’ll be the guinea pig here. Plus DD themselves mention on their site that their ss3 fog kit does fit the capable.

anyway, has anyone replaced their fogs yet, Perhaps with the ss3 kit? Any tips on installation/trim removal?

Hey buddy so I’ve posted about this a TON….

It’s like my cause haha

But I actually measured and thought the elites were a little too big for the capable. But maybe it’ll work….

See my post here with the measurements

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/capable-bumper-led-conversion.34999/page-2

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
mhorvath1218

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OEM fog diameter is 3.3” and the elites are 3.6”

Not sure if that’s gonna be a problem

But the SS3’s, while not round, are only 3.3”
Trust me, I’ve seen every one of your posts about it and all the others. I’ve been thinking about the fogs for the whole 6 months I’ve waited for my Bronco haha. I saw that the diameter was bigger, but I figure as long as the mounting points are the same, it should work, as the excess surface area of the dd will just sit behind the factory trim. If it contacts the trim and doesnt sit flush, maybe adding washers at the mounting points will help them fit.

I also ordered ssc2’s to use as ditch lights so once I have them, I’ll try to see if there is anyway to fit them next to the oem fog area as well.

Right now, I’m mostly interested in hearing anyones experience with removing the trim pieces. I prefer to not just start tearing thing apart without much direction. Does anyone knowif there is a service manual section for fog replacement for the capable? Or some kind of removal instructions?

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trust me, I’ve seen every one of your posts about it and all the others. I’ve been thinking about the fogs for the whole 6 months I’ve waited for my Bronco haha. I saw that the diameter was bigger, but I figure as long as the mounting points are the same, it should work, as the excess surface area of the dd will just sit behind the factory trim. If it contacts the trim and doesnt sit flush, maybe adding washers at the mounting points will help them fit.

I also ordered ssc2’s to use as ditch lights so once I have them, I’ll try to see if there is anyway to fit them next to the oem fog area as well.

Right now, I’m mostly interested in hearing anyones experience with removing the trim pieces. I prefer to not just start tearing thing apart without much direction. Does anyone knowif there is a service manual section for fog replacement for the capable? Or some kind of removal instructions?

Nice

Well as soon as I get home after this Memorial Day I’m gonna do either the SS3’s with or without that replacement kit for the STANDARD bumper that 4x4 sells

Honestly my preference would be the elites bc they look so sweet

But I still wanna run white AND amber on my capable….that’s the ideal solution.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, just FYI, I remembered this old thread where a guy took off his capable bumper to paint the D-rings....this might be of some use for us wanting to mess with the lights.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/capable-bumper-d-ring-paint.35104/page-2#post-1169968

OP
OP
mhorvath1218

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, just FYI, I remembered this old thread where a guy took off his capable bumper to paint the D-rings....this might be of some use for us wanting to mess with the lights.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/capable-bumper-d-ring-paint.35104/page-2#post-1169968
Thanks! I think I’ve cone across that one a couple times. And yeah I saw the M&R post. Good idea and looks decent, but I dont trust their light pods or wiring setup. Just seems incomplete to me.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! I think I’ve cone across that one a couple times. And yeah I saw the M&R post. Good idea and looks decent, but I dont trust their light pods or wiring setup. Just seems incomplete to me.

Yea. I want the bracket but I wanna put DD lights

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok guys

I got my SS3’s and SSC1’s ordered from @Diode Dynamics. I’m excited to try this and report back on the fit

I’m doing the SS3s in yellow (pro level) and SSC1s in a white spot pattern (so the mounting orientation doesn’t matter….gonna try to fit it in that little pocket in the capable.)

Both have amber badklights which I’ll wire to an auxiliary switch…maybe together, maybe separate.

OP
OP
mhorvath1218

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok guys

I got my SS3’s and SSC1’s ordered from @Diode Dynamics. I’m excited to try this and report back on the fit

I’m doing the SS3s in yellow (pro level) and SSC1s in a white spot pattern (so the mounting orientation doesn’t matter….gonna try to fit it in that little pocket in the capable.)

Both have amber badklights which I’ll wire to an auxiliary switch…maybe together, maybe separate.
Awesome! Sounds like a good combo. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. You will probably have these in before I get my elites so if all goes well, I may change my mind. If you could take photos of the removal/installation process it would be much appreciated.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome! Sounds like a good combo. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. You will probably have these in before I get my elites so if all goes well, I may change my mind. If you could take photos of the removal/installation process it would be much appreciated.
Yep I will for sure.
I guess if the spots don’t fit in the capable I can put them on my cowls

OP
OP
mhorvath1218

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my ssc2’s today to use as ditch lights, the lights themselves easily fit next to the factory fog, but it wont fit right with the bracket installed. I do thinks the ssc1 will fit with the bracket installed through the top of the opening though. It just depends on how easily the whole enclosure removes and if you can get access to drill the mounting hole and install the nut and bolt.
Ford Bronco How to replace fog lights on Capable Bumper? 65302DA7-C382-4981-BA14-8469AFAA4FA8

OP
OP
mhorvath1218

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs