Sponsored

How to roll up the window while door is open?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am trying to figure out how to roll the window all the way up temporarily while the door is open. As you know when you open the door, the window comes down a little, and Im trying to figure out after I open it, how can I roll it up?

Thank you,
Sponsored

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am trying to figure out how to roll the window all the way up temporarily while the door is open. As you know when you open the door, the window comes down a little, and Im trying to figure out after I open it, how can I roll it up?

Thank you,
For what purpose? Just wondering.

Mike

OP
OP
xusarmy

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm assuming tinting. You have to trick it by moving the door latch.
You are correct it is for tinting purposes, but Im not a very finesse guy, so I thought I would take the window all the way out, well I was almost there, but couldn't figure out how to get the window all the way up. So I found a video of how to take off the door panel (step one). There is a connection that you need to disconnect (step 2). You need to remove the door handle/locking mechanism to get the door panel totally out of the way or you can let it hang (step 3). By tricking the door latch the window raises all the way up (step 4). There are these green sticky patches, you are looking for the ones with the big holes, peel these back to expose where the 2 screws that hold the window in, unscrew them, and pull the window out. Now at this point Im guessing these 2 screws are holding in the window and I haven't gotten that far, but now I know I to get the window to go up all the way, Im sure that will do it.

I love this site!! Thanks everyone.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

:unsure: My tint guy cut the tint a little long and just slid it down below the inside weatherstripping.

Tmkimler

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2021 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just use a screwdriver to latch the door latch. Make sure you don’t forget to pull the door handle to “open” the latch
Sponsored