Bronconium

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Pilot, 2015 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am buying BD take offs for my incoming base Bronco. Is there any way to check if TPMS sensors are installed on the wheels?

Ford Bronco How to tell if take off wheels have TPMS sensors IMG_2983
Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tpms programmer

OP
OP
Bronconium

Bronconium

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. I tried to find any inexpensive tool and seems like these are for relearning only - requires the wheel to be mounted on the vehicle. VXDAS 2 in 1 relearn tool etc. on Amazon.
Is there any visual indication on the valve that shows it to be coupled with a TPMS sensor?

seasaw

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F150 4x4 5mt , 05 325iT 5mt, '17 Canyon 6mt
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are buying wheels and tires the sensors are still there. Just need to reprogram to your truck. If buying wheels only look at inner end of stem for the sensor.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are buying wheels and tires the sensors are still there. Just need to reprogram to your truck. If buying wheels only look at inner end of stem for the sensor.
Except when people remove the sensors to put in their new wheels.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I tried to find any inexpensive tool and seems like these are for relearning only - requires the wheel to be mounted on the vehicle. VXDAS 2 in 1 relearn tool etc. on Amazon.
Is there any visual indication on the valve that shows it to be coupled with a TPMS sensor?
Just stick them in whatever corner you're going to put them so you're not wasting time taking wheels on and off

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond takeoffs with oem tire?
I guess you've never bought take offs before, eh? You remove the TPMS from the takeoffs and install in your new wheels, then sell the takeoffs. Or that's what many people do anyway.

The easiest thing though would be to ask the person selling them if they still have the sensors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronconium

Bronconium

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Black Diamond takeoffs with oem tire?
Yes these tires were taken off and are original Black Diamond wheel and tires. The seller upgraded to different wheel and tire setup right after taking delivery. I am not sure and new to this wheel/tire stuff. I think any aftermarket wheels wouldn’t be coming with sensors and hence anyone swapping tire setup must be moving the sensors too.

OP
OP
Bronconium

Bronconium

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess you've never bought take offs before, eh? You remove the TPMS from the takeoffs and install in your new wheels, then sell the takeoffs. Or that's what many people do anyway.

The easiest thing though would be to ask the person selling them if they still have the sensors.
Asked the seller and he says sensors are in there. Just looking for a way though to verify it. Searched online and this question had some answers on other forum for Jeep and Tacoma but didn’t find anything here which can help in verifying TPMS status before purchase.
Not sure about @kodiakisland but I am certainly new to this take off-wheel-swap stuff.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Asked the seller and he says sensors are in there. Just looking for a way though to verify it. Searched online and this question had some answers on other forum for Jeep and Tacoma but didn’t find anything here which can help in verifying TPMS status before purchase.
Not sure about @kodiakisland but I am certainly new to this take off-wheel-swap stuff.

Is there a reason not to believe them? If they said they are in there, they probably are. Not that I just trust strangers, but they most likely replaced those steelies with aluminum rims. Typically, the TPMS is different between the two. You can make the steel wheel TPMS work by flipping it over, but you would not want to offroad with aired down tires. Many shops will install the steel sensors in aluminum rims, but some won't as they are prone to break. So most likely, they are still in there.

Just don't over pay for them. They aren't really worth more because they come with the sensors, even though the seller may want more for them. They are still used wheels and tires and you can easily have a tire shop swap your sensors over to them if needed.

OP
OP
Bronconium

Bronconium

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a reason not to believe them? If they said they are in there, they probably are. Not that I just trust strangers, but they most likely replaced those steelies with aluminum rims. Typically, the TPMS is different between the two. You can make the steel wheel TPMS work by flipping it over, but you would not want to offroad with aired down tires. Many shops will install the steel sensors in aluminum rims, but some won't as they are prone to break. So most likely, they are still in there.

Just don't over pay for them. They aren't really worth more because they come with the sensors, even though the seller may want more for them. They are still used wheels and tires and you can easily have a tire shop swap your sensors over to them if needed.
Thanks a lot. Good suggestions. You are right. The seller did mention that wheels were swapped with aluminum wheels. Price seems good too. I’ll go for it.

seasaw

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
CHeeez Whiz!!!!! It is this simple. The OP said they were take-offs. So, original oem wheels and tires with tpms installed on the valve stems at factory. So put them on your truck and have the truck reprogramed for new sensors.

seasaw

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

LOL. I have a GMC Canyon that came with 16" alloys. I bought 17" take-offs from a higher trim Canyon on Craigslist and put on my truck. I took truck to tire shop where I usually buy tires and have other work done. They didn't even charge me to do the reset.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used torun the auto are centers at Walmart. they change/move TMPS for $10 Each.
Sponsored