Sponsored

How to verify confirmed order is tied to reservation?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what my sales rep sent showing that the Order is at status 19, I see the Order Number and I see that it is assigned to my Reservation Number:
Bronco2.png

Here is what the Ford site STILL shows:
Bronco1.png

I don't have anything for Pre-Approval Certificate.
Yep. So that shows that your order has been submitted by your dealer. Everything looks good.

If you want to know what they exactly submitted you would need that order summary sheet I shared earlier.

The "Pre-Approval" certificate just means that Ford ran a soft credit check and pre-approved me to finance my vehicle through them. The "certificate" is really just an ad for Ford financing with the amount I'm pre-approved for.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope.

But my reservation in my ford account turned into an order in my ford account... and shares the same number. I'm confident they are linked.
Same. Order number is the same on my Ford account and the WBDO even though it shows different models between the 2.

OP
OP
BroncoRob_Reignited

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would think they wouldn’t allow an order without a reservation.
Ya, I know right? I'm just trying to connect dots - the dealers are confused and Ford is not being very open. From what my dealer explained, they could place an order for anyone, but Ford was then going to prioritize the orders. Dealer also said that future allotment was directly tied to the % of orders placed and that being the same individual that also buys the vehicle - in order words, they don't want dealers "placing orders" and then putting them on the lot and selling to non reservation holders.

So it behooves the dealer to use their allotment for people who are very likely to buy what they order. So a dealer will put more stock in a highly confident buyer with a later (or brand new) reservation date than a squirrely early reservation holder... do long as they can show that they reached out to all the assigned reservation holders, they've done their due diligence and can place new reservations... again - speculation, but seems very logical and in alignment with standard business practices in this industry...

OP
OP
BroncoRob_Reignited

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. So that shows that your order has been submitted by your dealer. Everything looks good.

If you want to know what they exactly submitted you would need that order summary sheet I shared earlier.

The "Pre-Approval" certificate just means that Ford ran a soft credit check and pre-approved me to finance my vehicle through them. The "certificate" is really just an ad for Ford financing with the amount I'm pre-approved for.
So you know- you can also dig through the code on the website that shows your reservation on the Ford Site and find all the options you selected when you ordered. So in addition to the sheet your dealer prints, you can find it buried in the CSS or HTML code on the Ford website. Pretty neat

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you know- you can also dig through the code on the website that shows your reservation on the Ford Site and find all the options you selected when you ordered. So in addition to the sheet your dealer prints, you can find it buried in the CSS or HTML code on the Ford website. Pretty neat
That seems like a good function. Any chance you can walk us through how to do that? I've clicked all over and around my account on the Ford website and can't find this level of detail.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems like a good function. Any chance you can walk us through how to do that? I've clicked all over and around my account on the Ford website and can't find this level of detail.
I was so excited I took @BroncoRob_Reignited idea and made this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rder-through-the-ford-com-website-code.13729/

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs