Sponsored

How well will Bronco with Sasquatch drive and handle on the streets ?

Rangerz520

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2019 F150 Reg Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many of you will mostly drive your Bronco on the streets ? I think all of us, I have never owned a Jeep so my question is.. How do you think this Bronco with Sasquatch will drive and handle on the streets ? Do you like driving your Wrangler around town ? Thanks !
Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my experience the Jeep handles rather poorly and is very uncomfortable around town. However, it is a different setup than the bronco. The different suspension/steering etc will make a difference. I doubt any vehicle on 35's is going to be great for regular driving but hopefully its at least not 'bad'.

Fairs13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350 fsport, Audi RS5 and 1967 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it’s much better than a Jeep..I rented one to drive 12hrs down too NC to visit my parents Last month..of course enterprise didn’t have the car I rented but they said we have a brand new 2020 Sahara with 600miles on it that would be fun at the beach..like an idiot I said hell yea...omg..NEVER AGAIN and that solidified itself that I will never own a Jeep...my sister and husband have owned 5wranglers and they laughed at me when I said I rented one for a road trip..and they are diehards..I’m 6’2 and my brother in law is 6’4 I asked him wtf do you do with ur arm if your doors or windows are up I couldn’t move lol

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many of you will mostly drive your Bronco on the streets ? I think all of us, I have never owned a Jeep so my question is.. How do you think this Bronco with Sasquatch will drive and handle on the streets ? Do you like driving your Wrangler around town ? Thanks !
It isn’t a vehicle made for long trips. I personally wouldn’t want to drive a long way in one. Daily driver to work around the farm and weekend trail rides. This isn’t a do all vehicle a crew cab truck is

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope it’s much better than a Jeep..I rented one to drive 12hrs down too NC to visit my parents Last month..of course enterprise didn’t have the car I rented but they said we have a brand new 2020 Sahara with 600miles on it that would be fun at the beach..like an idiot I said hell yea...omg..NEVER AGAIN and that solidified itself that I will never own a Jeep...my sister and husband have owned 5wranglers and they laughed at me when I said I rented one for a road trip..and they are diehards..I’m 6’2 and my brother in law is 6’4 I asked him wtf do you do with ur arm if your doors or windows are up I couldn’t move lol
As a former Jeep owner I will agree that "it rides like a Jeep" is a phrase new Jeep owners should familiarize themselves with. Mine was a 95 with 2 inch body lift and 33's. It was fun to drive around town. Loved it. The mild off roading I did was fun. But I took it on one road trip to a college football game where I had to drive 2.5 hrs each way. Miserable. It was awful. That set up was not meant for freeway driving. Loved my Jeep and have missed it since I sold it but if refinement and comfort is a big deal for people, I steer them away from them.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It isn’t a vehicle made for long trips. I personally wouldn’t want to drive a long way in one. Daily driver to work around the farm and weekend trail rides. This isn’t a do all vehicle a crew cab truck is
What makes the Bronco not a good do all vehicle? Is it the 35" tires, the road noise?

Part of what I thought makes Jeeps so crap to drive for long periods was the live front axle.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've wondered this same thing. I have a 2 dr BL on reserve and would like to know just how well the bronco handles in a daily driver scenario. From what I've read, Ford has stated the Bronco handles and drives much better than the Wrangler due to IFS vs solid front axle. This doesn't tell me much, other than it rides better than a really uncomfortable Jeep Wrangler.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For many years my daily driver was a stock leaf spring CJ7 with 31" AT tires. It rode nice compared to my buddies with suspension lifts and big mud tires. My newer coil spring Jeep TJ with heavier 33" mud tires rides worse than the CJ7.

You will pay a penaly in terms of handling/comfort/power with the bigger/heavier tires and suspension to control them. How much we won't know for sure until test drive. Generally speaking though, 35" mud tires seem a not so good match for a daily pavement driver.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably like a brick driving down the highway at 65 mph.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we will have to wait and see....but I expect it to drive way better than a Jeep for long trips. I use my lifted FJ with 33s as a point of reference. It was comfortable, and no problem at all on long trips. I drove it regularly for 4-5 hours at a time, and it was a good ride; excellent compared to a Jeep. I attribute that to IFS to a good degree. Now, the Bronco with 35 M/Ts is a different beast, so we will have to wait and see....but I am thinking that it will be a good ride. Anyone have a lifted Ranger with 35 M/Ts with any thoughts?

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nobody can say how it will truly drive with the IFS until we actually get them. I can say with my old JKU it wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't fun for long trips with 35s. No vehicle is going to be fun with MTs doing 70+ on the highway. Thats why I have 33 ATs on my truck and thats still no the greatest as they are aggressive ATs. It SHOULD be better with the IFS compared to a solid axle but nobody will truly know until we ride in them.

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What makes the Bronco not a good do all vehicle? Is it the 35" tires, the road noise?

Part of what I thought makes Jeeps so crap to drive for long periods was the live front axle.
Bronco will be fine for daily driver. That’s what I’m using it for. It won’t carry or haul tow large loads like a truck and with the 2 door 100 inch wheel base it’s not going to handle or ride as good as a truck so it’s not made for traveling great distances

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which makes me wonder why anyone would want a v8 In a off road vehicle that’s going to be your DD?

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is everyone worried about the 35's? The size has almost zero to do with the ride and handling. If anything, the extra sidewall will make it more compliant, assuming Ford does a better job explaining that these things don't need 55 pounds of air in them (looking at you FCA). These goodyears aren't even actual M/Ts, more of a hybrid tire than anything.. Also, coming from a 2dr JK, the 2007+ jeeps are not the highway penalty boxes that the TJ and older jeeps were. I routinely run 80 in mine and have bounced it off the limiter more than once. Do they drive differently than an accord or a camry, absolutely, but this isn't a model T or something.
Sponsored