Sponsored

How/When Did You Hear of the 2021 Bronco?

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

0C1C6BAA-850D-46CB-B3FE-B9A980FC11F1.jpeg

When I stumbled across this render.
Same here. When I saw this, I knew I was interested. And I’m a Ford guy. And then for about 2 or 3 years I read updates that came on my Google News thread. Had no idea what I was reading was B6G the whole time. I was a little slow to get here. Then I figured it out in 2019 and then joined last year shortly before the launch. In 2019 I bought a used Hyundai Tucson to hold me over a couple years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here. When I saw this, I knew I was interested. And I’m a Ford guy. And then for about 2 or 3 years I read updates that came on my Google News thread. Had no idea what I was reading was B6G the whole time. I was a little slow to get here. Then I figured it out in 2019 and then joined last year shortly before the launch. In 2019 I bought a used Hyundai Tucson to hold me over a couple years.
I'm kinda glad I didn't hear about the new Bronc until this month. Saved me years of strife.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0C1C6BAA-850D-46CB-B3FE-B9A980FC11F1.jpeg

When I stumbled across this render.
Ditto! Doug's render and all the rumblings after sucked me right in. My family more than once told me to give up the pipe dream and get a jeep like the rest of them. So glad I kept puffing on that pipe!

bigdaddytommy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When they announced it years ago the waiting game started. I even went to see the movie "Rampage" JUST to look at the Bronco concept they used.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember the announcement a few years ago about the Ranger and Bronco being built at MAP. Then an article a little while later about a patent for removable doors. The Bronco didn't really get a foothold until I decided I wanted to get out of sports cars and buy something more outdoors oriented about a year, year and a half ago. I was deep into doing research on Jeeps and the Colorado ZR2 when the rumors about the Bronco really heated up. It, honestly, was the best of both worlds and then some between what I liked/disliked about those two trucks.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Back last year when the Admin from the Ranger 5G forum posted about this forum. I still never gave it much thought until @Wanted33 told me about the Granger October deal. Then I looked into it more and made a reservation. Thanks for making me spend more money Jim. ?
Misery loves company my dear friend. :)

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around 2015. I started lurking here shortly after it started, but didn't join until 2 years ago.
I still remember when this came out, then the WANTing it started.

Ford Bronco How/When Did You Hear of the 2021 Bronco? 1611858755601

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doing some reading at work and came across these...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/fan-forum-imagines-new-bronco-pictures/

...also this from Hollywood (2018).

Ford Bronco How/When Did You Hear of the 2021 Bronco? Money To Burn
Yep that was the 2004 concept Bronco. At the time I thought it was odd Ford used it in the 2018 movie, but maybe Ford wanted to build some hype, and didn't have a sufficiently realized new Bronco for the movie. There are similarities in terms of looks so it made some sense. Happy with what Ford eventually arrived at with the soon to be new Bronco.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

87974420-16FE-4ABE-A803-E3D1CAFE8AAD.png

This render back in 2016 hooked me. I started googling over the next few years looking for more info (got super excited about the possibility of it being announced in January 2019 and was checking my phone from a plastic igloo in Iceland to see if it happened at that auto show) and finally joined this forum after putting in my reservation on July 14th. Hell I’d still buy that render.
The two doors with the fastback cloth tops look a lot like this.?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I saw this in January 2020. I was planning on getting an FJ over the summer until I saw this. If I knew how long I’d be waiting I would have still bought an FJ until the Bronco delivery. :/

5F7BCCE3-34D2-49EC-B9AB-AB17AFDF87C4.jpeg

gmille

Black Diamond
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I read about the new bronco july 12 on msn.com. I thought wow thats neat looking. have been looking for a muscle car but thought its time I slow down and retire. cant wait.

gmille

Black Diamond
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By the way they mentioned bronco6g. thats how i ended up here , thanks to all in front and behind the scene.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man it was sometime between the two dates below:

Nov 9th 2015 - Ford agrees w/ terms to the UAW that they will build a small truck and SUV in Michigan (Ranger & Bronco?) after moving C-MAX production. Offsite Article

Feb 15th 2016 - Ford announces 4 new SUVs by 2020. When asked about the Bronco, Mark LaNeve, VP of U.S. marketing, sales and service, says w/ a smile, "It's a great nameplate."
Offsite Article

I remember reading the article about UAW negotiations.

I definitely started to gain interest as time went by. It wasn't until January of last year when I decided this was going to be my next vehicle and joined the forum.
Sponsored