Sponsored

How/When Did You Hear of the 2021 Bronco?

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My first experience with one was when I was growing up in the Midwest, and a guy down the street had a light blue one with a snowplow. This would have been mid-70s, so it was most-likely a late-60s model. Great memory.
Great memories, indeed.
Sponsored

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been tracking this since 2017. Reading all the early speculation, looking at the renders, dreaming, etc. My only mistake was making a reservation on the 25th instead of the 13th. Looks like I got another year but still obsessed.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 to 5 years ago. Waiting ever since. Reservation site crashed when I tried to put in my order 2 hours after the reveal and I picked out what I wanted. Got my order in the next morning. I found this sight a few weeks later and i am glad I did. A lot of good info here.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious to know how and when folks first heard of the 2021 Ford Bronco.
I have no idea when the model was first announced, but I just learned of it this month (January). A little late in the game, I know.
I saw some article and/or video about it I think on Fox News website early this month. From there I proceeded to find all sorts of info online, and would eventually stumble onto this site.
I've been waiting for it for decades...always wanted a built classic Bronco. I have had off road vehicles I built, most recently an FJ, but always wanted another open air vehicle, and Jeeps are just everywhere and I'm not a huge fan because of that. So, I wanted a really nice Gen1 Bronco, or Scout...but never found the right fit for a good deal. So, I tracked the Bronco and watched for it since the very first prototype. Then I waited like a kid for Christmas once the launch was announced, and it beat expectations....open air, 35s from the factory, tough build with strong engine available. Perfect for me....after decades of wait time.

Sponsored

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I first learned about it from That Other Site.
/s.

I was reading up in late summer on vehicles you can get in a stick, saw pix, saw articles liked to THIS forum, read a lot, liked a lot, learned a lot, joined, reserved mid-August.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been into broncos since high school in the late 70s & 80s , today we call them classics broncos and own several of the classics still today , so when Ford released photos of the proto type in 2004, I knew I was going to own a new one some day, just never knew when it would be until now. :p

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of my son's vehicles is a 1970 Bronco (my avatar). About three or four years ago I was looking at Jeeps with the intent on buying one in 2022 after I pay off my mortgage. That is when my kid said, "Ford is going to make a new Bronco that will be out by then. You don't need a Jeep. You need a Bronco."

And that thought has been stuck in my head ever since: I need a Bronco.

I nearly cry each time the Ford ads end with "You need a Bronco" because that is comment my son made years ago that started this all.

???

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When Ford showed the 2004 concept Bronco, I thought great, they might finally be bringing back a first-gen style Bronco. Fast forward - we are still waiting 17 years later for the vehicle. Love what Ford appears to have done with the new Bronco, but a vehicle is no good to me, unless I can drive it.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not hear about the new Bronco until right before reservations opened. Yeah I'm a total Bronco slacker....

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all gonna hate me. I learned about it on July 13th scrolling through news articles. I decided to go over to the Ford site and it was right when they opened up reservations.
Very similar to me. Except I saw the story on the morning of the 14th around 7am PST. Followed the link and reserved a BB since I knew nothing about the models other than the less than 5 min of research before making the res.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I‘ve owned Jeeps while and enjoy off roading and outdoors stuff. Then sometime last spring I heard Ford was working a new Bronco. I was intrigued as I like more rugged type SUVs and used to own a Bronco II. Then read up and was wowed at the reveal and reserved that night. I want one and can’t wait.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco How/When Did You Hear of the 2021 Bronco? 87974420-16FE-4ABE-A803-E3D1CAFE8AAD

This render back in 2016 hooked me. I started googling over the next few years looking for more info (got super excited about the possibility of it being announced in January 2019 and was checking my phone from a plastic igloo in Iceland to see if it happened at that auto show) and finally joined this forum after putting in my reservation on July 14th. Hell I’d still buy that render.

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs