Sponsored

How's the Bronco windshield holding up against rocks?

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a current Jeep Rubicon driver, I am wondering how the Bronco windshields are holding up against rocks while driving on the highway. The windshield angle on the Bronco looks similar to the Wrangler’s, and with the amount of driving I do, I end up with a chipped and/or cracked windshield every 14 months or so. My only saving grace Is that I now live in Florida and don’t have to worry about being forced to replace the windshield. No yearly vehicle inspections. 😁
Sponsored

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just had mine replaced (900 miles). Safelight originally brought out an aftermarket windshield and I told them "NO". Had to reschedule to get an OEM. When you get a crack and need replacement, make sure you ask for OEM (if you have factory etchings). I have a FE and no way were they were putting a plain one on (w/o original markings).

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my first rock chip yesterday at about 4000 miles. About 150 miles from home after a 2600 mile trip, of course!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does FL not mandate auto insurance companies to allot one free windshield replacement per year? That's how it was when I lived there.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m on my second windshield currently and it is now cracked again. I’m in AZ where it’s very common to get chips and cracks but with the upright windshield on the bronco, I imagine going through windshields every 3 months, rather than every year

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my way back from the Nevada Off-Roadeo, a rock flew into my windshield. I will probably just get it filled.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First road trip today through CO and counted 3 rock hits but no chips (that I’ve found yet). It’s also a bug magnet.

Highly recommend full glass coverage on the auto policy as I’m sure I’ll be replacing it at some point.

hoboo128

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1995 f350 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m at around 3000 miles now, I have one chip that happened around 900 miles. I had a focus st before that I put 170k miles on with two rock chips. My work truck (2011 f250) has 240k with one rock chip, and my project truck has no rock chips after 320k miles. The project truck may have had a new windshield at some point though. I got it at 300k miles, so I can’t say for sure. I also had a 97 exploder and a 97 3 series with high miles without rockchips. I’m not happy with how soon the windshield on the bronco got a mark. It hasn’t spread though.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve had mine for three weeks and I already have 3 chips.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m on my second windshield currently and it is now cracked again. I’m in AZ where it’s very common to get chips and cracks but with the upright windshield on the bronco, I imagine going through windshields every 3 months, rather than every year
First road trip today through CO and counted 3 rock hits but no chips (that I’ve found yet). It’s also a bug magnet.

Highly recommend full glass coverage on the auto policy as I’m sure I’ll be replacing it at some point.
One our our other Arizonans referred to windshields in Arizona as "disposable" since we are having to replace them so often.

I always carry zero deductible on glass replacement like most Arizonans. If you are worried about all the chips, just ask your insurance agent to put in zero deductible on the glass.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First thing you should do is get zero deductible on insurance. Do not get the windshield coverage through Ford warranty. It does not cover replacements.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One our our other Arizonans referred to windshields in Arizona as "disposable" since we are having to replace them so often.

I always carry zero deductible on glass replacement like most Arizonans. If you are worried about all the chips, just ask your insurance agent to put in zero deductible on the glass.
I just got a nickel sized one in my 4Runner windshield about five hours ago heading from Phoenix up to Flagstaff. No matter what you drive in AZ you’re going to go through windshields. All my cars glass has been replaced at least once.

I‘m a bit concerned because my insurance agent recently told me things have changed in AZ with regards to glass, and while you still have zero deductible, a windshield now counts in their algorithms as an accident repair of some level, which affects your rates. My Jeep Wrangler windshield was a mess.