First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else out there worried about the Heater on the new Bronco? As a current JKU owner I drive with the top off EVERY chance I get. Even in rainy Seattle, my top is off as much as it is on. In most of the Country, it is inevitable with open top/door driving that you will have times where it is bitter cold. With that said, the Jeep's heater is absolutely FANTASTIC! I bet you could roast marshmallows with it. It truly helps expand the season in which I am able to enjoy open air driving.

In addition, the one option group I really miss not having on my JKU is the "cold weather package" (sub $1K). Remote start, heated seats & steering wheel would be a nice luxury on those cold mornings. However, I don't see that Ford is offering these items in one package. It looks like you will need to upgrade to the Lux-Package to get these with the Bronco. I don't mind since I see myself upgrading to these groups, but if I was going Basesquatch I would be really disappointed.

I really hope the heater isn't something that Ford overlooked.....
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's just hope it's a bit cleaner than this, lol

-bronco-badlands-at-bronco-west-celebration-20-jpg.jpg

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd really love to have the heated steering wheel but I have no desire for anything in the lux package. If they made a cold weather pack like the wrangler, I wouldn't even be doing the mid pack. Either way, it's gonna be a serious upgrade from my truck that currently doesn't have a working heater.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dammit!! This is why we need the build and price tool! I'd really like to avoid aftermarket remote start like I did with my JK.

And agreed OP, my JK heater is almost TOO hot. Zero regrets running a soft top all year round with that heater melting my face off.

Sponsored

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With that said, the Jeep's heater is absolutely FANTASTIC! I bet you could roast marshmallows with it. It truly helps expand the season in which I am able to enjoy open air driving.
I can second this sentiment. I had a JKU and we had a TJ growing up. Both of them had heaters that could roast a turkey.

I am just hoping somebody comes up with a Lava Jacket as ACE Engineering developed for the Jeep. Looks dumb, but man, did that sucker keep me warm. Talk about expanding top-down/ doors-off season!!!

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely hoping for a cold weather package separate from the mid package. The only thing I really care about in that package is the heated seats. I haven't heard any mention of a heated steering wheel yet though.

And yeah, my TJ's heater will straight up burn you on high haha.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since thereā€™s a manual itā€™s gotta be separate or the heated seats and steering wheel from the remote start. Also I hope itā€™s not locked to the luxury or high or mid package.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely hoping for a cold weather package separate from the mid package. The only thing I really care about in that package is the heated seats. I haven't heard any mention of a heated steering wheel yet though.

And yeah, my TJ's heater will straight up burn you on high haha.
As others mentioned it's in the lux package.

Ford Bronco How's the Heater? Cold Weather Package? Untitled

Guess we gotta get these.

Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that if the trim level you are getting can get the High pkg then you may be able to add elements of that package a la-carte.

The big one I want is the B&O sound system.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's just hope it's a bit cleaner than this, lol

Ford Bronco How's the Heater? Cold Weather Package? Untitled
I can't remember if it was my '97 F-150 or the 2001 Sport Trac that the rear vent looked exactly like that .

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup, I sometimes do a chicken rotisserie in the passenger compartment using the jeeps heater on the long drives. Get to work and lunch is ready.
They didnā€™t muck around when they added the heater on a Jeep.
I live in the desert, been many winter nights riding with no top. I try to get down on a vent to stay warm and still see over the dash. Too close and itā€™s burn time.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Ram Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It may sound dumb to some, but I'm coming from a 20 year old truck and if I'm joining 'the future' it'd better have a heated steering wheel. It was the deciding factor for me not getting a first-gen Raptor, no joke. Also why I won't consider any JK.

If the Bronco has it as a standalone option package that will be mega points in my book. Right now I'm thinking Rubicon JT + cold weather package to get the two biggies I want (factory lockers and a heated wheel); If a base sasquatch has a heated wheel option, my entry admission $$ just dropped by a lot.
Sponsored