Sponsored

HVAC issue- cold on drivers side super hot on passenger side.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haven't driven my FE in about 7 weeks. Today I noticed that with the HVAC I dual or single mode that the drivers side blows ice cold- passenger side no matter what I do blows super hot...

any ideas?
Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened once on mine. I think it’s a stuck diverter door behind the dash to vent either condenser or heater core air flow. I cycled through defrost and all the vent locations on the controls and it resolved itself.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haven't driven my FE in about 7 weeks. Today I noticed that with the HVAC I dual or single mode that the drivers side blows ice cold- passenger side no matter what I do blows super hot...

any ideas?
Hi there. Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I’ll see how I can assist on my end.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just picked up my 2 door last week and felt hot air from the drivers side but AC was on.

I’ll run thru the different heating/cooling modes and see if it still does it and if it does I’ll bring ut in for service.

I have a thermal camera so it will be easy to see and document.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a slightly related issue does anyone notice the passenger side vents don't blow nearly as strong as the driver's side vents??

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a slightly related issue does anyone notice the passenger side vents don't blow nearly as strong as the driver's side vents??
If you haven't already done so double check the shutter at the bottom of the vent is full open and not partially closed. My wife asked why is wasn't blowing on her side when she shut the vent....

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, Steve! I can look into your Bronco's AC concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same issue. Any luck?

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I rebooted the Bronco and it fixed the issue.. power cycled the vehicle and the problem went away

Crazy

Spiral84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I rebooted the Bronco and it fixed the issue.. power cycled the vehicle and the problem went away

Crazy
Same issue just started with mine. Are you referencing rebooting sync or is there another way to "power cycle"? Really would rather not interact with my lousy dealership.

Thank you.

Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My first edition did something like this yesterday. Had not driven it in maybe 5 days or so. Started it up and driverside was cold, passenger side was hot. I pulled over, shut the Bronco off, opened the door to shut everything off and started it back up again. Problem fixed. Hopefully that is not something that happens all the time now. This morning it seemed to work fine.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same issue just started with mine. Are you referencing rebooting sync or is there another way to "power cycle"? Really would rather not interact with my lousy dealership.

Thank you.
Hi there. This HVAC concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored