Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think anyone truly cares about the temps being on the gauges or not.

It's just the point of the matter. 2021 got them, 2022 didn't, the 2023 get them back along with a sub.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It's just the point of the matter. 2021 got them, 2022 didn't, the 2023 get them back along with a sub.
I got my 2022 wildtrak and I don't notice this at all as its easier to look at the infotainment to see this info. To each their own

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got my 2022 wildtrak and I don't notice this at all as its easier to look at the infotainment to see this info. To each their own
I hope so because my 2022 wt will be here in a couple weeks :)

Personally I'm probably good either way. I think all these first year Broncos are going to go down as the ones "not to buy" in like 5 years

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would like them - since I am taller I cannot see the temp settings on the 12 inch screen - the dashboard overhang blocks my view of the top inch or so of the screen. But. like you said - you win some you lose some. Is it worth $400 to add them? hmmmm. Not so much.

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excuse my ignorance. Why is a temp read out on controls a huge deal? Its like having two different zones on passenger and driver. It doesnt matter. Turn the dial till comfortable. Lol

I don’t know. Why don’t you ask FORD why they brought them back…

Ford wouldn’t go to the trouble of bringing them back if (they thought) they weren’t better!!’

Reason or no reason, what Ford has done is make the ‘22 MY Bronco a “bastard child”.
As one of the Bronco Nation staff referred to the ‘22 MY at Bronco Nation Live“….an Odd …Funky (Model year)”

That “IS “the point…. It’s not what or who likes what….
The digital knobs are what FORD intended for the bronco….and what they want to continue with..

Clearly this “redo” by FORD, proves they wanted the digital temps on the dual zone gauges on all of its Broncos!!!!(with that feature)

They are in the customer satisfaction business!!!
They wouldn’t go out of there way and spend money reintroducing digital knobs if customers didn’t like them….

Clearly they (Ford) had to weigh this decision….which would potentially “dis” the ‘22 MY owners (aka early reservation holders …die hard Bronco fanatics)… Regrettably, in my humble opinion believe they chose poorly.

No one wants to own an anomaly… an oddity…or “funky representation” or think of themselves as owning a lesser aka“bastard” Bronco… I certainly don’t!

Let’s not pretend to turn lemons into lemon aid by convincing ourselves everything is fine and acceptable…. When what we are working with is tainted lemons…

The ‘22MY Bronco owners are victims of Covid supply chain compromises.

And mark my words …. This is exactly how the Bronco 22 MY will be remembered.

The 22MY Bronco (mid packaged on up) is a Covid Supply Chain Compromised anomaly… a mistake that was later rectified.

Last edited:

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excuse my ignorance. Why is a temp read out on controls a huge deal? Its like having two different zones on passenger and driver. It doesnt matter. Turn the dial till comfortable. Lol
Agree but still somehow like the temp readings. It gives a higher appearance of luxury or something.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In 1991 General Motors realized that the antifreeze they installed in 1800+ Saturns was very caustic and "eating" the engine internally. They gave affected owners brand new Saturns. I think Ford should follow suit and give Bronco owners with defective HVAC knobs new Broncos. This would help reduce the stockpile of unsold Broncos in inventories that's currently plaguing Ford and its dealers. I own a 2022 Bronco with the "donut hole" knobs and I'm losing sleep over this matter.

a_Panda

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2020 XC60, 1978 124 Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
M2DZ-19980-D is the number for 21’s with the digital knobs. Good luck getting your hands on one though. They’re currently back ordered with no ETA. Unsure if the 23’s will have the same part number or not yet.
The -D variant is for lux package with heated steering wheel. The -C variant is for mid and high package without heated steering wheel. Just got mine in the mail today. 😀

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The -D variant is for lux package with heated steering wheel. The -C variant is for mid and high package without heated steering wheel. Just got mine on the mail today
Good to know thanks. I just looked it up using a 21 FE vin since I own a WT with Lux.

Sponsored

IBOK

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems that the HVAC dials are regaining their LED readout for MY23.

Potato picture from somebody who is not the Stig, but is the Stig's hairdressers cousin.

*this pic from a high-package equipped Bronco.

Screenshot_20221130_070055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221130_070055_Gallery.jpg
Do you know if the Raptors that will be built in the first couple of months in 2023 will have the temp display on the dials?

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you know if the Raptors that will be built in the first couple of months in 2023 will have the temp display on the dials?
I know just what the photo shows.

I'm not associated with Ford in any way. Didn't even have the Stig on speed dial.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh boy, that’s fancy. Mine I just turn more red if I’m cold and more blue if I’m hot… I can see where that is such an important feature on a 4x4 these days

mjsmitty69

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak with 3.0 hoss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The digital readout dials have been a Chevrolet thing for years. No thank you, I'll keep the readout of the temp on the 12" radio screen...!