First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had an issue pop up in the last 30 minutes of a ~5 hour road trip yesterday and wondering if anyone else has experienced. Regardless of HVAC settings (fan speed 7, MAX AC, heat, etc), no air is blowing through the vents. The vehicle is about a month old with fewer than 2,000 miles. Has anyone else experienced this or successfully troubleshooted? Dealer is an hour away so hoping to avoid making the trips out.. thanks for any help.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear about your HVAC trouble. I don't have any solution but on a related note....

The FordMoCo profile should be here soon asking for your VIN # so they can help....

If that happens will you report back here and say how or if they helped? I am trying to figure out exactly why they are asking and what they do to help.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a recirc door failure before I took delivery. Most likely a bad door motor.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you hear the motor speed up when the setting is increased? If so is the air flowing thru the defrost or floor?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ATLbronco

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you hear the motor speed up when the setting is increased? If so is the air flowing thru the defrost or floor?
Thanks. No, there’s no audible indication whatsoever that anything is happening when the fan speed is maximized. No air flow out of any vents, including floor and defrost. I’m thinking it may be an issue with the blower motor (similar to thread posted above).

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blower motor or control switch could be bad. Also the connection between the could be broken.

OP
OP
ATLbronco

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blower motor or control switch could be bad. Also the connection between the could be broken.
got it. I guess there’s really nothing further to do to diagnose it at this point then.. assume the fix is going to need to come from the dealer regardless

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, let the dealer deal with it. You could disconnect the battery for 5 minutes but I doubt it will help.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear about your HVAC trouble. I don't have any solution but on a related note....

The FordMoCo profile should be here soon asking for your VIN # so they can help....

If that happens will you report back here and say how or if they helped? I am trying to figure out exactly why they are asking and what they do to help.
Perhaps…. They seem to be focused on design problem…. just an opinion…. We generally never hear of a solution to one specific problem. I’m guessing problems get reported to design department heads. One-off problems, the dealers need to handle.

If you have been following this board for a long time, you’ll notice (at least I have) that some generic problems that get reported here, just simply disappear and don’t seem to be issues on later builds.

BETA TESTERS…. Thank you all. My 4/11/22 build remains flawless (So far…).

EDIT: Right, wrong, stupid, or irrelevant, I always sought candid feedback from the plant operators whom I speced and installed process systems for. Unfortunately, in a corporate environment, it’s sometimes difficult to get honest feedback. Any honest feedback is valuable even when you have a huge ego…..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had an issue pop up in the last 30 minutes of a ~5 hour road trip yesterday and wondering if anyone else has experienced. Regardless of HVAC settings (fan speed 7, MAX AC, heat, etc), no air is blowing through the vents. The vehicle is about a month old with fewer than 2,000 miles. Has anyone else experienced this or successfully troubleshooted? Dealer is an hour away so hoping to avoid making the trips out.. thanks for any help.
Good morning! I can look into your concern on my end. Could you please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?

ASUBronco

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same exact issue on my 2023 Bronco, plan on bringing it by the dealer.

OP
OP
ATLbronco

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same exact issue on my 2023 Bronco, plan on bringing it by the dealer.
Forgot to update. Took it into dealer and drove a loaner bronco sport away. They called back 2 hours later and said it was fixed - there was simply a loose connector that needed to be fully latched. I wish I could point you to where exactly it was, but the dealership was closed when I picked up the Bronco couple days later. See below for the tech notes in case you want to try to identify and check yourself.

“Referred to wiring diagram for blower motor and checked connectors in the circuit. When connector C221 was pulled,
it came disconnected with ease. The connector had not been latched properly. Reconnected connector C221 within harnesses 14290 on the male end and 19949 on female end, and the a/c kicked on instantly.
Connector C221 in harnesses 14920 and 19949 was not latched properly. Reconnected connector and system is now operating as designed.”
Sponsored