Hybrid 4Runner available at launch? (2025)

CO72284runner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Hyundai
Wondering what peoples thoughts are on the hybrid motor being available in the 2025?

Was wondering if we might see only two engine configurations this year with the hybrid motor coming in 2026?

I was just thinking that supply chain seems to be an issue still and with the Tacoma being renewed things might get tight.

Thoughts?

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I think a hybrid offering will come with the redesign. As Toyota seems to be narrowing down their core drive trains, one can almost bet it will be the same as in the Tacoma, the 2.4 Hybrid Max. I don't see the V6 hybrid from the Tundra/Sequoia. And you are correct, the supply chain might be tight on the 2.4 hybrid, as Lexus has announced it would be coming in the new GX, but delayed.

OP
OP

CO72284runner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Hyundai
I think a hybrid offering will come with the redesign. As Toyota seems to be narrowing down their core drive trains, one can almost bet it will be the same as in the Tacoma, the 2.4 Hybrid Max. I don't see the V6 hybrid from the Tundra/Sequoia. And you are correct, the supply chain might be tight on the 2.4 hybrid, as Lexus has announced it would be coming in the new GX, but delayed.
Good info, thanks for the response. I was unaware of the GX as I don’t follow Lexus. Here to hoping the initial run gets the hybrid motor.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
An added comment, I would probably rather it be the 2.4, as to service the turbos on the V-6 in the Tundra requires the entire cab be lifted off the frame. Oops!

Toyoda

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma
Wondering what peoples thoughts are on the hybrid motor being available in the 2025?

Was wondering if we might see only two engine configurations this year with the hybrid motor coming in 2026?

I was just thinking that supply chain seems to be an issue still and with the Tacoma being renewed things might get tight.

Thoughts?
Yes there should be a 2.4L i-Force hybrid 4Runner at launch. The 2025 4Runner is going to be offered in most (if not all) the same powertrains as the new 2024 Tacoma, and with Toyota pushing the hybrid marketing so hard for it, I think we'll see the same exact thing happen with the new 4Runner.

Plus, since the 2.4 hybrid engine is only in the top trims, that's a bigger profit generator... even more reason why we should see a hybrid 4Runner TRD Pro at launch.