andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I had to go look up the stats. Toyota has been a master at marketing lately, they seem to have a strong market share, so I had to ask myself. Would I buy a Grand Cherokee?
After reading a bit, I have to answer with a No.
Less power. Base model is 60K, and the reviews are not really that stellar....sorry.....

https://www.edmunds.com/jeep/grand-cherokee-4xe/
Yeah, agree with all of your points especially the reliability. However there are a number of grand Cherokee plug ins available around me that are well equipped and still under 60k. Just wanted to say that plug ins in that segment exist and they seem to sell very well. And is seems it's not too complicated and expensive to make them. So I wish Toyota would do it too with the Toyota reliability.

Boobajoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Yeah, agree with all of your points especially the reliability. However there are a number of grand Cherokee plug ins available around me that are well equipped and still under 60k. Just wanted to say that plug ins in that segment exist and they seem to sell very well. And is seems it's not too complicated and expensive to make them. So I wish Toyota would do it too with the Toyota reliability.
They will, but it'll be with their new solid state batteries. Give it another 5-10 years. 500 miles on a 10min charge? Hells yea

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I wish they would already have a plug in hybrid. the legal framework in the US asks for that anyway and the popularity of the Jeep Wrangler Hybrid show that people would buy that.
I totally agree. However, I think there is issues with fitting the battery into a full body on frame vehicle. Plus you need more motors and electric hardware. It makes it hard to do while also keeping all the existing drivetrain hardware customers expect from a body on frame Truck/SUV.