Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is that the same as an Overlander Aux battery?
(that you can drive the car with too...)

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my bet is on 24, wouldn't hold your breath. weight is going to be a thing they have to work through.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my bet is on 24, wouldn't hold your breath. weight is going to be a thing they have to work through.
So 500lbs extra of engine, suspension, disconnects, and trail armour is no problem but 500lbs of battery is some kind of unsolvable riddle?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 500lbs extra of engine, suspension, disconnects, and trail armour is no problem but 500lbs of battery is some kind of unsolvable riddle?
No room for rear vents or cup holders.
Where do you put a 500lb battery and retain room for hunting gear?

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where are you getting 500 lol? The average EV battery weighs about 1,000 pounds. Some batteries weigh more than 2,000 pounds. The heaviest EV battery is the Hummer EV battery, which weighs around 2,923 pounds.

Considering more weight means more battery weight I expect the bronco to be in the 2k class. Lightest bronco build is 4286. Drop 311 for Ecoboost.

Also note the ev hummer weights over 9k, rivian and lightning over 7k. I expect the bronco to be 7-8k minimum.

In summary similar vehicles weight 3k more. That is a lot of change in chassis, weight distribution, suspension, etc. especially for an off road vehicle.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Edit: disregard, am comparing Hybrid to Electric not reading the title. That in mind @Lakelife36 is correct, weight is not an issue unless they go Lightning style (which was my assumption, but not my hope).

Last edited:

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our current Broncos already have a clear GVWR handicap, so bad, that had I known all the details.......

There is NO WAY this chassis could handle the extra weight, AND, who would want to go wheeling with a weight monster like that.

Never gonna happen!

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Skip the EV cost and weight plus short range before recharging. Hydrogen motors would be best but Big Oil will never allow that
Sponsored