Sponsored

Hybrid (hardtop + soft top) roof on 4-door Bronco?

OP
OP
1DWN5UP

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of. This one appears to be just a variation of a regular soft top and I was thinking something with a hard rear cap
I guess I'm confused. This has the rear hard cap - it is made as an addition for the hard tops. There is a version that retracts over the front two seats, and then this version that retracts over all 4 seats.

OP
OP
1DWN5UP

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I'm confused. This has the rear hard cap - it is made as an addition for the hard tops. There is a version that retracts over the front two seats, and then this version that retracts over all 4 seats.
I think it only looks like a hardtop rear end in this particular image. If you look at the side angle (the link you posted) it has a top portion of the roof "overhang" the plastic window rear for sealing and so you can slide out those windows when you want to put the top in the fully retracted position in the back. Plus it appears to be one continuous piece of canvas from front to back (again in the side view image) and so just a regular fastback soft top option. I may be wrong but it looks that way to me from those pictures

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it only looks like a hardtop rear end in this particular image. If you look at the side angle (the link you posted) it has a top portion of the roof "overhang" the plastic window rear for sealing and so you can slide out those windows when you want to put the top in the fully retracted position in the back. Plus it appears to be one continuous piece of canvas from front to back (again in the side view image) and so just a regular fastback soft top option. I may be wrong but it looks that way to me from those pictures
Damn -you're right on! I just glanced and assumed it was the hard top. The standard soft top is fully retractable - so I never considered they would make this as an aftermarket. It makes way more sense to have one for the hard top.

Great catch! Sorry for the thread hiccup :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope somebody will come up with a two row flip/slide/push/what ever back soft top part for front and second row, I'll ditch my soft top then. All I want is quick and easy blue sky with no panels/bags/what ever to deal with. Doesn't exist yet, but maybe some smart engineer can come up with it.
We had the sunrider on a rented Wrangler for a week in Moab, was about the best part of it. Click click flip and it was open, and just as quick it was closed again.
Reminded me of our Miata from 20 or so years ago, where I could just reach back to close the roof or toss it back with two clicks and a flip.
Bestop, are you listening? Or anybody else? Can't be that hard to engineer.

Don't care about aerodynamics in this brick or wind noise, would not be something I'd have open going 80 on the freeway anyways.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope somebody will come up with a two row flip/slide/push/what ever back soft top part for front and second row, I'll ditch my soft top then. All I want is quick and easy blue sky with no panels/bags/what ever to deal with. Doesn't exist yet, but maybe some smart engineer can come up with it.
We had the sunrider on a rented Wrangler for a week in Moab, was about the best part of it. Click click flip and it was open, and just as quick it was closed again.
Reminded me of our Miata from 20 or so years ago, where I could just reach back to close the roof or toss it back with two clicks and a flip.
Bestop, are you listening? Or anybody else? Can't be that hard to engineer.

Don't care about aerodynamics in this brick or wind noise, would not be something I'd have open going 80 on the freeway anyways.
That's gonna be a lot money tied up in a roof. The front Sunrider is $1300. A 2 row would be at least $2k if they made one. Even if you choose the MIC top, it's pushing $3k. Then again, I'm getting the mod top and front Sunrider which puts me at about $3200.
Sponsored