john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Imagine a hybrid option becomes available right after everyone has placed orders! What if they throw in a hybrid option orderable say Jan/Feb as a 2022 model? Has anyone heard of this possibility? I mean with Jeep launching this it will inevitably be a reality for Bronco. Would hate to miss this option by a couple months
Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think I would even want to pay the extra for the hybrid, but I would still be pissed to not have the option on the table if it showed up just a couple of months later.

I'm hoping it's insanely expensive or it comes out much closer to a year after ordering so I don't feel bad, cause I can't wait any longer.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think I would even want to pay the extra for the hybrid, but I would still be pissed to not have the option on the table if it showed up just a couple of months later.

I'm hoping it's insanely expensive or it comes out much closer to a year after ordering so I don't feel bad, cause I can't wait any longer.
It's like we have the same mind.

I'm so sick of driving my 15 year old beater and waiting for my plug in off roader. Would I consider the Wrangler 4xe? No, because I hate Wranglers and I love the Bronco.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldnt want it. The extra weight would not be good for offroading. They also often only get 1 or 2 mpg more than the similar power level ICE.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldnt want it. The extra weight would not be good for offroading. They also often only get 1 or 2 mpg more than the similar power level ICE.
F-150 doesn’t just make progress, it defines it. Once again in a league of its own with the new, class-exclusive* available 3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6 engine. This groundbreaking engine pulls from the collective power of gas and electric energy, because teamwork gets the job done. It’s torture-tested, Built Ford Tough® and targeting best-in-class horsepower and torque. * And it’ll go the distance, targeting an EPA-estimated range of approximately 700 miles of range on a full tank of gas. **

*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
**Targeted EPA-estimated range applies to an available trim. Actual range will vary. Final EPA-estimated ratings available later in the 2020 calendar year.
Preproduction computer-generated image shown. Available Fall 2020.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F-150 doesn’t just make progress, it defines it. Once again in a league of its own with the new, class-exclusive* available 3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6 engine. This groundbreaking engine pulls from the collective power of gas and electric energy, because teamwork gets the job done. It’s torture-tested, Built Ford Tough® and targeting best-in-class horsepower and torque. * And it’ll go the distance, targeting an EPA-estimated range of approximately 700 miles of range on a full tank of gas. **

**Targeted EPA-estimated range applies to an available trim. Actual range will vary. Final EPA-estimated ratings available later in the 2020 calendar year.
No useful info there. What is the MPG of the engine w/o the hybrid? How far can that go on a tank w/o the battery? How many miles does the battery add? You can go close to 700 miles on a tank in an F150 already if you have the largest fuel tank.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at the RAV4, new plug in hybrid is the 2nd fastest Toyota 0-60

If the hybrid you are looking at only gets 1-2 mpg more, you are looking at a crappy hybrid

The CR-V hybrid gets about 8 mpg better than the regular one
RAV4 hybrid gets about 10 mpg better than the regular
Similar performance too

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A hybrid will happen when the bronco fever burns out and Ford needs something new to boost sales. I am guessing since there are already other hybrids out there from other companies that Ford probably already has a bronco hybrid pretty much completed, but they will make more money releasing stuff years apart to keep the popularity going. If they did everything the same year the bronco popularity could burn out

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just hope its available on the 7 speed like getrag says its capable of. I do spend alot of fuel getting to the road when I leave. Its about a 7 minute drive uphill where I have to slow down from 20 to 5 mph several times. Then its all 50 mph cruising around the island. A hybrid that would get me up to the road would save a ton of gas.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just hope its available on the 7 speed like getrag says its capable of. I do spend alot of fuel getting to the road when I leave. Its about a 7 minute drive uphill where I have to slow down from 20 to 5 mph several times. Then its all 50 mph cruising around the island. A hybrid that would get me up to the road would save a ton of gas.
The only manual hybrid was the Honda CRz and it wasn't great

You will have the bronco hybrid in auto only

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sold yet on hybrid off roaders. People are bitching that the alternator now is too low for water fording. Now with a hybrid you have to consider electric motors, a giant battery pack and how to protect them from water intrusion. I can see it easily costing $10-15k more than a comparable gas only Bronco.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

That’s 700 miles on a 30 gallon tank. So the actual mpg is trash.
Sponsored