Sponsored

Hypothetical 2.3L manual Ford Performance tune questions (HP gain & price)?

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's assume Sasquatch is available with the 2.3 manual.

1) What would be the expected hp gain with a Ford Performance tune?

2) How much do you think it would cost?
Sponsored

Sponsored

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you! Is the $825 cost just the parts or does that include install?
That price does not include install. If you want to maintain the Ford Performance warranty you have to have it installed by a Ford Certified Dealer. Probably about $100 - $200 for the install depending on the dealer.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not to rain on the parade, but I'm not convinced Ford is going to offer a factory tune on the 2.3 Bronco—if there's something out there from Ford stating otherwise I'll gladly eat crow, because I'm leaning toward the 2.3 w/ manual.

I know that they could and it exists for the Ranger, but they'd kind of be competing with the 2.7 power-wise at that point (this isn't an issue for the Ranger b/c there's no engine upsell option). What's more, the manual isn't an option with the Ranger, and the word is the manual transmission is only good for up to 400 lb/ft of torque, which seems easily surpassable with bolt-ons and a tune. Doesn't seem like they'd warranty that kind of setup. Am I missing something?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure they will find a reason not to offer the Performance tune whether torque rating of the manual, wheel size etc but for those intent on adding power, the other options (Cobb, Livernois, 5Star) will make more power anyway. I would only do the Ford tune until something better comes along and intercoolers, downpipes, turbos, built manual transmissions, motors, injectors and fuel systems and other power adders and supporting mods become available. Want to see how these motors hold up once the shops get ahold of them and build them. No doubt there will be 500 hp 2.3 Broncos rolling around out there

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the level 1 & 2 pricing for the ranger doesn’t seem horrible for dealer installed items. They jumped the shark with that level 3 though.
I think that badlands trail rig concept would fit into the level 1/level 2 with a tune. Could see it being reasonable for the consumer that just wants to add it in the final price and a very simple upsell for Ford.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you guys know if it’s possible to upgrade parts in the manual transmission to handle higher torque and horsepower from tuning the 2.3l

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope so. It would be great if something to this effect comes to light before ordering opens up. I think I could live with a factory-tuned 2.3 to be able to keep the manual but am starting to lean toward the 2.7.

While I understand it'll be common, this isn't the kind of car I'd want to aftermarket tune and risk voiding a powertrain warranty. It's also not the kind of car I want to be buying to feel the need to add aftermarket intercoolers, downpipes, etc. to get it to drive the way I want to. If I wanted to do all that I'd get a sporty/tuner car.
Sponsored