Sponsored

Hypothetical Poll 2.7L w/ Manual

If the manual was offered with both engines, would you get the manual with the 2.7L?

• Manual w/ 2.3L

• Auto w/ 2.3L

• Manual w/ 2.7L

• Auto w/ 2.3L

• Auto 2.7L

Results are only viewable after voting.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man this thread is making me rethink my decision on the 2.7 auto. I love manuals, but the 2.7 has so much power. On the other hand 2.3 manual is so unique...
Just think of resale. 30 years from now the manual will be 10K and the auto will be 2K
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just think of resale. 30 years from now the manual will be 10K and the auto will be 2K
1000%, Autotragics are a dime a dozen

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“We see the newer automatic transmissions as real progress for off-road vehicles. Frankly, we were surprised how many manual transmissions Jeep makes available these days and think the standard stick shift will soon be gone altogether,” Guffey says. “It had a good, long run but needs to retire.”

Sounds like a guy that either can't drive stick or is in the camp of "moving my left leg is hard because Americans have gotten fat and lazy"
It really is a mostly American thing to be all auto, and a very American thing to not even know how to drive stick. There’s still other countries with significantly high percentage manual vehicles sold. Problem is those countries are smaller than the US, have decent public transport so not as many people drive, and they tend to sway towards smaller vehicles(some of which aren’t even sold in the US). So vehicles like big trucks, SUVs, and any sporty V8 over 6liters aren’t really sold to the countries that would buy it in a manual, and US is auto oriented so manufacturers aren’t even bothering to make them anymore. I have friends/family in England, and between 3 households with 6 current cars and 3-4 previous cars there’s only been 2 autos, one for a grandmother that just can’t hold the clutch easily anymore. And they aren’t even car enthusiast people, so it’s not like US where pretty much the only people that drive manuals are car enthusiasts that like manuals. They all learn to drive on manual transmissions, it actually costs more to do your driver training in an automatic and if you take your license test in an auto you get a license that’s only good for auto vehicles, have to take another test if you ever want to drive manual(taking the test in manual first time means you can drive either). And really I think the biggest thing that’s starting to cut manual sales down there is the push for electric and hybrids, no point in a manual in a fully electric car and not as many manual choices in hybrids.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would love to have the 2.7L with a manual, but I know in my heart I would be disappointed that I had a manual on the first long road trip with the Bronco. Reason being we've only been on one long trip that we didn't get caught up in a 3-4 mile long traffic jam somewhere in this beautiful country.

BTW, that first road trip will be from Granger Ford's lot in Iowa. Good Lord willing we're planning to go back to North Carolina via Montana. :)

Sponsored

Hammey

Badlands
First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 1970 Corvette. and a Beagle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That begs the real question: If it was available with the 2.7 but not till 22' would you wait? Not so sure I would
Absolutely, I would wait for what I want. Why would I want to settle? I would be disappointed in a few months when they become available.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would, but ONLY if it resulted in a significant cost savings... at least $1500-$2000 ... otherwise, 2.7/Auto.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to have the 2.7L with a manual, but I know in my heart I would be disappointed that I had a manual on the first long road trip with the Bronco. Reason being we've only been on one long trip that we didn't get caught up in a 3-4 mile long traffic jam somewhere in this beautiful country.

BTW, that first road trip will be from Granger Ford's lot in Iowa. Good Lord willing we're planning to go back to North Carolina via Montana. :)
I got stuck in BQE (Bronx Queens Express) traffic in Rush Hour with my st2 Audi with its st1 clutch, and didnt regret it once things opened up.

If anything, just go offroad like Marge did with the Canyonere

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's no way these poll responses are legit. :LOL: The take rate on manuals is <10% for every vehicle, including the most enthusiastic vehicles, sports cars, etc. The Bronco would be exceptional if it hit 20%.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's no way these poll responses are legit. :LOL: The take rate on manuals is <10% for every vehicle, including the most enthusiastic vehicles, sports cars, etc. The Bronco would be exceptional if it hit 20%.
Again a lot of companies offer shit trims in manual. Oh you can get the base in manual, or you can only get FWD not AWD, oh you can't get the turbo with manual, or in the case of the Bronco you can get the 2.3 but not the 2.7.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again a lot of companies offer shit trims in manual. Oh you can get the base in manual, or you can only get FWD not AWD, oh you can't get the turbo with manual, or in the case of the Bronco you can get the 2.3 but not the 2.7.
This. Last January I bought a new manual economy car. Wife insisted on manual. The Kia we got only offered manual on the lowest trim base model, which also had limited color selection. It's like they don't want you to buy manual. I bet the take rate on manual would be higher if offered on all trim levels.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When you think overall yea, but few things that could easily make these results. For one thing, this is a bronco forum, meaning more likely to be enthusiasts not just the average joe that’s buying a bronco, and manual take rate is typically higher among enthusiasts. Also, take rate can actually be much higher than 10% if you go by trim/engine on other vehicles not just overall. For instance, zl1 camaros from all 5th gen years were at least 50% manual transmission, some years as high as 70%, and think 6th gen ZL1s are close to 50% most years too, but camaros as a whole obviously don’t get that high. Likewise with mustangs, the higher trims that offer both manual transmission and bigger engines sell a lot higher take rate of manuals most years, sometimes even more manuals than autos, but the lowest trim with the smallest/cheapest engine is what sells the most volume, and since most of those are autos that’s why the take rate is so low overall. C7 vettes actually had higher than 10% take rate almost every year, usually 20-30% manuals, but now the C8 is auto only. And of course the limiting manual to certain trims/engines/features/options means less take rate. I could make a car that had a manual transmission on everything except the highest overpriced top tier with the smallest engine available and no options, and if it didn’t sell a single auto that doesn’t just mean nobody wants an auto transmission. I do kinda doubt the bronco will even get 10% manuals, can’t get manuals on every trim, can’t even get manual on 4 dr base, can’t get manual with the 2.7, can’t get manual with sas til later, can’t get any other packages on anything but badlands with manual.

Also pretty sure the question is going to bring in users that are already looking at manuals, so then it’s basically would a manual buyer get a manual on a larger engine, which most will say yes.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This. Last January I bought a new manual economy car. Wife insisted on manual. The Kia we got only offered manual on the lowest trim base model, which also had limited color selection. It's like they don't want you to buy manual. I bet the take rate on manual would be higher if offered on all trim levels.
It can also be extremely hard to even find a car with manual on a lot even if it’s offered since most dealers barely order manuals, some don’t order any manuals. Which also has an effect on take rate since most people aren’t going to order and wait for a vehicle(before 2020 at least...)

rpl

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Poll made for science, I'm curious on the numbers of people would get the manual with the 2.7L if it were actually offered. So if you had to make your build today and submit without being able to change, would you get the manual if it was an option?
Yes

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, but even if you count only the vehicles where a manual is offered in a "good" trim/package, the take rate is still <10%. Unless there's some vehicle I'm forgetting??
Sponsored