Sponsored

Hypothetical Poll 2.7L w/ Manual

If the manual was offered with both engines, would you get the manual with the 2.7L?

• Manual w/ 2.3L

• Auto w/ 2.3L

• Manual w/ 2.7L

• Auto w/ 2.3L

• Auto 2.7L

Results are only viewable after voting.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Poll made for science, I'm curious on the numbers of people would get the manual with the 2.7L if it were actually offered. So if you had to make your build today and submit without being able to change, would you get the manual if it was an option?
Sponsored

P Funked

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
gonna assume the second "auto" is suppose to be with a 2.7L

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Getting the manual anyway with the 2.3 but if the 2.7 was available @ survey price I'd get it.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the 10sp and have always preferred an auto off road. It would probably be a blast on the road with that motor and a manual (I have a 2.7/Auto now in my F150).

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7L w/MT (my only issue is that the engine Must Have Direct & Port Fuel Injection).

I'm currently a Non-Buyer, but if FoMoCo can either Update the 2.3L to Direct & Port Fuel Injection or mate a MT to the 2.7L , it would turn me into a Buyer.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am big 2.7 fan and it works great with A10 so will enjoy it immensely but if it was offered with manual I probably couldn't resist.

Even with 2.3 auto being listed twice it still has the least votes. I bet Ford thinks that combo will sell the most.. and maybe that is true outside of the enthusiasts that dwell here?

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will not get the 2.7 because it's not offered in a manual. I'd rather have the correct pedal count then the extra power

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One factor is cost. Generally, upgrading to an auto transmission is 2 or 3k. I am more than happy to save that money as I prefer manual for having the fullest feel and control over the engine and transmission. But if they were to charge the same or more for a manual I would need to weight the cost before making a decision.

Sponsored

FTFRS

I wouldn’t think twice about buying a 2.7 MT, even if it went against convention and was an up charge over the AT.

I’m far from a MT enthusiast, which is why I’ll be okay going 2.7 AT over 2.3 MT given the current options; mostly due to dual injection, but also wanting the bigger motor with a higher ceiling for tuning if I feel like it in the future. But given the opportunity for MT with the 2.7, I’d jump at it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just the thread title will most likely attract the ones that want the manual with 2.7 so the results will reflect that .

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really hope that Ford reads this thread and listens to their customers. I want the 2.7 but would never buy an automatic Bronco.
As much as I wish this would happen, the reality is that the enthusiasts like us on here are not a good representation of the average buyer.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As much as I wish this would happen, the reality is that the enthusiasts like us on here are not a good representation of the average buyer.
I agree with that. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that a manual is available but I would rather have the 2.7 so it didn't have to work as hard. Based on that logic though there will never be a V8 Bronco.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I‘ve heard that over and over. People say that manual vehicles are dead and nobody buys them. So why are used manual vehicles with 300K miles asking 5 times the price of an automatic of the same vehicle that has 80K and is in better condition. Manual vehicles disappear instantly and autos sit and sit and sit. Manual vehicles don’t sell new because manufacturers screw around with the customers and do what ford is doing with the Bronco. They will offer a manual in the lesser engine. Or like the Mazda 3 that offers a manual in the FWD premium package and not the AWD like people would want.
Sponsored