Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife and I were having this conversation last night, so I decided to get your thoughts. Here’s the hypothetical situation.

You have an early reservation and you are one of the first to get your Bronco. Sometime within the first month, you come out of work or a restaurant to a note on the Bronco from someone that wants to buy it. Badly. They are willing to pay above what you bought it for. Would you even consider selling and how much would you have to clear to consider it?

To be clear, I do not support ordering one intending to flip it. I’m going to drive the wheels off mine. That’s being said, if someone offered me $10-$15k above my all-in cost, I wouldn’t think twice about selling it.
Would ya and what’s the margin required?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Considering how hard it will be to get my hands on another Bronco, built the way I want it, It would have to be closer to double what I paid.

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sell it and take the $2k off Granger deal.
The granger deal would be over, this is after delivery. My reservation is late enough that I couldn’t see this happening to me, but I’m sure some early deliveries might. The question is more about the threshold for someone to let go of it once they have it.

Sponsored

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife and I were having this conversation last night, so I decided to get your thoughts. Here’s the hypothetical situation.
You have an early reservation and you are one of the first to get your Bronco. Sometime within the first month, you come out of work or a restaurant to a note on the Bronco from someone that wants to buy it. Badly. They are willing to pay above what you bought it for. Would you even consider selling and how much would you have to clear to consider it?
To be clear, I do not support ordering one intending to flip it. I’m going to drive the wheels off mine. That’s being said, if someone offered me $10-$15k above my all-in cost, I wouldn’t think twice about selling it.
Would ya and what’s the margin required?
Well, maybe I’d take original purchase price plus whatever they’re driving now, seeing as I’ll need a car to get around after they take mine ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah it'd have to be double or triple what I paid. And even then it's a question, but in all honesty I'd be an idiot NOT to take that... I can't say where my price would be, but we all have a price.... Right @SHLYGRR ?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I doubt it. Price would have to be pretty high. That being said.... I'm not really into inflating prices. That's why it would have to be pretty high... You're paying my for my truck, my time, and my scruples.

I used to get notes on my camper with people wanting to pay 5-10 times what I paid for it. Still wouldn't sell.

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It came up because I’ve had strangers offer to buy my ‘75. It was my grandpa’s, but I’m sure there is a price that could sway me to let it go. It would be completely ridiculous for someone to pay what it would take, but there is a number.

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The business that I'm in people always exchang time and speed in exchange for what they want!

So yes that could definitely happen!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything is for sale for the right price. I had a blazer I loved and never thought of selling. Then one day a doctor I work with offers me a whole lot of cash for it. Thought about it for a day, and then went and got that huge pile of money.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. I would never get back the fun times I would miss while waiting for another one. At a different stage of life maybe but I wouldn't even consider it now.
Sponsored