Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much for being a cheap date.

OP, I'm not leaving my Bronco unattended for at least a few months after I get it...
Just sleep in it. Much harder to steal a car when the owner is snoozin’ in the cargo area.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You need to ask yourself what is the car WORTH to you? I'm probably an outlier here, but I would frankly pay upwards of $65k for my $50k loaded 2.7 OBX if thats what Ford was asking. So right off the bat, i know i would turn down a $15k offer using that rationale . Then factor in a year of my time obsessing and being on this board, that $15k number only gets higher. Could I go back and buy another one, sure, but i'd be waiting a VERY long time. Theres a certain cache that comes along with waiting a year and taking early delivery. And thinking about these moments 10 years from now when im waxing my antimatter paint. To let it go, and get another bronco off a dealer lot in 2022 takes so much away from the future nostalgia.

Last edited:

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You know, thinking of this, Maybe I should make a second reservation just in case this happens. My reservation is pretty early. I got in within the first 3 hours that reservations went live and that includes all of the down time from the site crashing. By my calculations I should have one of the first new Broncos in my neighborhood and I'm willing to bet I get an offer like this. I get offers on my 72 Bronco all the time and local dealer was charging $10k ADM on rangers on the lot as of two months ago. I bet you could see $20k cash on this.
So, I'm in a similar position. Reserved in the first 3 hours, and then was not sure we'd be able to change models, so placed a second reservation about 10 days later (89,000 later in res #) So, I've been seriously considering ordering the second one, and in case someone wants my first one in the first month or so, I would sell, since my second one would then be about a month out.

But it's still a bit of a risk, because I don't want to order one I may not buy. Any thoughts?

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So uh...
I got a 103xxxxx reservation....
Anybody wanna help a brother out?? heh

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And when my antimatter OBX with white roof and 33s is glistening in parking lots with almost no other broncos out there for a couple months in my area, and maybe zero AMB/white tops to be seen for a year around here, yes, i do expect there to be an offer or two along the way.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At 65 years old, the time that I have left to spend with my Bronco is more important to me than the money. So no - I would not sell. Not even for $100k.
That's amazing. Sounds like you're going to love every second of your ownership.

....And the highest asking price goes to....

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$12-$15k over what I paid (out the door) would make me call Uber.

KillaC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96’ wrangler, 18’ GTI, 20’ 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly the only way I’d do it is if they had a significant amount of cash (8-10k over what I pay) on hand so I don’t have time to second guess. But that’s so unlikely I don’t even care.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So much for being a cheap date.

OP, I'm not leaving my Bronco unattended for at least a few months after I get it...
Here's to hoping one of those 200 accessories is a SHOWER.

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the price difference between my order and a fully loaded Warthog? Hmm...

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many personal variables would go into this decision that I doubt you could extrapolate the data in any meaningful way to draw conclusions.

Everything has a price. Right now... For me... Would be a no brainer for a 20k net. 10k would get me thinking.

I think the FE in LB with an interior that doesn't do the FE reservation holders dirty....will net someone 10k even after completing a legal purchase.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my Bronco is OJ White and Ford announces a yellow or sage green in the next model year, especially with a white top, yeah, I'll sell OJ and take the $10K. I don't plan on trading in my Escape so I already have a daily driver.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm, if they offered 15k over what you paid for? Maybe and then buy a Tremor Ranger in cash then wait for the 2023?
That's a tough call though, what if you're giving away a collectable 20-30 years down the road?
?‍♂
Sponsored