Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I certainly understand both sides of the "uber home" and "from my cold dead hands spectrum. I was really just curious to see what everyone's thought process would be in this hypothetical.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
[QUOTE="BroncoChicken, post: 214717, member: 3001].... Sometime within the first month, you come out of work or a restaurant to a note on the Bronco from someone that wants to buy it. Badly. They are willing to pay above what you bought it for. Would you even consider selling and how much would you have to clear to consider it?....[/QUOTE]

One thing I learned out here in Vegas where itā€™s possible to go out for lunch and drop $20 bill in the machine and hit a jackpot is that everything has a price.
After a month of ownership if someone offered me $25k profit then I would hand over the keys to their new Bronco, and I would get another one.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any hypothetical price would be less than the local ADM, not withstanding any premium for something that is severely restricted, i.e. WildTrak. At least in my State, 7% sales tax would jump my break even point to $54K. I would need 20% for my aggravation or $64K and change. The new buyer would be on the hook for 7% on that, plus tags and registration. Call it $70K. ($20K more than my deal pre-tax and registration.)

For that kind of money, on a used vehicle, that will be churned out to the tune of 200K units a year soon enough means that a buyer would be few and far between and have a lot of other options. I just don't see it happening as there will be plenty of people wanting to flip (some of them in financial straits because they over-bought what they could afford.) Short version is I am not going to worry about someone wanting to buy mine to use or to flip again.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"They print more every day" Untrue actually....they're creating money faster than it can be printed; its all digital ones/zeros at the Federal Reserve now.

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind the capital gains tax that would be owed to the State and Fed

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

start at $20k over what I paid after taxes and fees and all that jazz and we'll talk. Would be a starting point only though.
Some billionaire rich kid walks up with 100k in cash? Take it, but we won't have that selling price on any paperwork šŸ™ƒ

Then I'll order a new one and maybe get some other fun ride or use half to buy something fun for my son who's off to college this year, keep the other half for my daughter's ride in 4 years.

For the right price I'll sell you anything I own, not that attached to stuff, LOL

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

start at $20k over what I paid after taxes and fees and all that jazz and we'll talk. Would be a starting point only though.
Some billionaire rich kid walks up with 100k in cash? Take it, but we won't have that selling price on any paperwork šŸ™ƒ

Then I'll order a new one and maybe get some other fun ride or use half to buy something fun for my son who's off to college this year, keep the other half for my daughter's ride in 4 years.

For the right price I'll sell you anything I own, not that attached to stuff, LOL
Ford Bronco Hypothetical situation for early deliveries F4591C79-4EA3-4353-BCBB-CF5605B7D1E5

who can quote this?

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is simultaneously the dumbest and most interesting thread on the forum. So much to unpack.

Short answer is everything is situational so it's hard to answer the questions when they are just conjecture. What did I eat in the diner? Did I just finish a half-day of wheeling in the mud, or did I come from the dealer for a recall item?

I have had some pretty pissa 110s and I get notes all the time. Those notes never really mean shit when these "bottomless-pocketed buyers" find out what it's worth.

On the other hand, the world is going crazy right now. Used market blowing up. Chip shortage. These things might further slow down with messed up supply chain issues on revolving list of options. If you get one in the first month or two, that could end up being even more special if the production grinds to a crawl.

My answer: it has to be a percentage. If I put tires, a lift and custom striping on it, 10-15 over my all-in price wouldn't do it. But I can see 20 over being commonplace if there are none to buy. Supply and demand.

This car is going to change my life/give me pleasure much more than an extra 20 grand will (and I recognize that that is just my situation). Having sold cars I loved, I can say that you never know how you are going to handle the loss. But as many people have replied, there is always a number.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gimme 10 clear I'll wait a year.

Get a heritage, see the improvements and the bugs are worked out, and spin that 10k into even move Bronco. I'll add every sin possible because why not. MOD roof, SAS, shit I don't even want. Even get a custom plate that said sellout.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Turn the question around, what if the dealer decides to increase the price above that which was agreed. What additional price, if any, would you pay before walking?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Depends on how much I like the eventual product, when I eventually get to drive it. As of now I haven't even seen the two door or the model I have selected.

It also depends on what becomes available for 2022, and how long I'd be without a vehicle.

But, consider it, sure.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I were having this conversation last night, so I decided to get your thoughts. Hereā€™s the hypothetical situation.

You have an early reservation and you are one of the first to get your Bronco. Sometime within the first month, you come out of work or a restaurant to a note on the Bronco from someone that wants to buy it. Badly. They are willing to pay above what you bought it for. Would you even consider selling and how much would you have to clear to consider it?

To be clear, I do not support ordering one intending to flip it. Iā€™m going to drive the wheels off mine. Thatā€™s being said, if someone offered me $10-$15k above my all-in cost, I wouldnā€™t think twice about selling it.
Would ya and whatā€™s the margin required?
If I'm in a good mood, I might take $20k above MSRP. I'm not paying MSRP, but that hardly matters, if someone is offering stupid money for my used truck.

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, this becomes even more interesting since we now see the priority builds pushing us back, and who know which commodity will be built next. So if you do sell, who knows when you could get another with which sins? Certainly the dealers can't guess, and probably Ford doesn't know either, exactly.
Sponsored