First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped by my dealer today to try and finish my order. The dealership is not well organized and they had me make an appointment to come back to finalize things, even though their showroom was empty ther only have one guy who can do the orders. On the good side I got some numbers and found out I’m #2 on their list of 80 Bronco orders, and they have been allocated 11 trucks. This should mean that as long as I order something simple I should get one of their first trucks. I’m doing a 2 door Black Diamond in Cyber Orange with the 2.3L/manual trans combo, the only options I was looking at are the trailer hitch and hard top sound deadener. I was thinking about the paint protection film and door keypad, but since those are dealer installed I’ll pass. Anyone think I’ll have problems with that order?
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is a simple build. I wish you much luck, and hope you're driving your new baby this summer.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it might be better to be further down the list on a big dealer than at the top of the list at a small dealer. Only another 45ish days till we find out though!
Why is that? I can't see how it matters as longs as you are "in the allocation". After that it is by model, options and resource allocation/constraints from my understanding. I am not trying to argue, just trying to understand. I don't know if I care now, my small dealer has been so easy to work with, I would probably just go with them regardless, but I did move from a big Metro Detroit dealer to them (I am #1 in my small dealer allocation).

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford holds true to what they have been saying all along, your res/timestamp will determine where you are at over all based on option/item availability. A later alloc # at one dealer may come before an earlier one at another dealer.

Sponsored

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is that? I can't see how it matters as longs as you are "in the allocation". After that it is by model, options and resource allocation/constraints from my understanding. I am not trying to argue, just trying to understand. I don't know if I care now, my small dealer has been so easy to work with, I would probably just go with them regardless, but I did move from a big Metro Detroit dealer to them (I am #1 in my small dealer allocation).
Because the other half of the delivery formula is the dealership size, or regional volume... or some such language... Then there is also the matter of options and trim level... lord knows how they will sort it all out...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the other half of the delivery formula is the dealership size, or regional volume... or some such language... Then there is also the matter of options and trim level... lord knows how they will sort it all out...
That's the other half of the allocation formula.

Deliveries will be very similar to every other vehicle Ford builds. The order and parts have to be there to get it built and then the normal logistics of shipping to dealers apply.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But that’s not the other half, that’s the allocation formula. That determines what they are allocated. Maybe someone can help call out the process. I have read through it all several times, but I can’t see where the re-allocate the allocation.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But that’s not the other half, that’s the allocation formula. That determines what they are allocated. Maybe someone can help call out the process. I have read through it all several times, but I can’t see where the re-allocate the allocation.
Allocation formula is weighted 50/50. We don’t know what the exact formula is, but:

50% of the formula is based on how many order conversions the particular dealer has.

50% is that dealer’s specific ranking in the market, half being what their previous SUV sales were and the other half being the size of the competition market in their area (Jeep, 4runners)

Those are how the contributing factors are weighted in the formula... but like I said, we don’t know what the actual formula is, or what a particular dealer’s numbers for each category is, so it’s basically impossible to even say exactly how one dealer will likely compare to others. (Like, it’s more important to convert orders than anything else... but just how much a heavy 4x4 market will impact allocation we don’t know.)

Crystal clear?

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocation formula is weighted 50/50. We don’t know what the exact formula is, but:

50% of the formula is how many order conversions the particular dealer has.

50% is that dealer’s specific ranking in the market, half being what their previous SUV sales were and the other half being the size of the competition market in their area (Jeep, 4runners)

Those are how the contributing factors are weighted in the formula... but like I said, we don’t know what the actual formula is, or what a particular dealer’s numbers for each category is, so it’s basically impossible to even say exactly how one dealer will likely compare to others. (Like, it’s more important to convert orders than anything else... but just how much a heavy 4x4 market will impact allocation we don’t know.)

Crystal clear?
I understand all of that, but once down to the allocation (my dealer had 17 orders, got 5 allocated, so less than 30%) would then go back trough another allocation after ordering is complete? I can't see anywhere in the past communications or dealer comments that references a second round of cuts to dealer allocations, because they are "small". They already got way less than others because of their size. My dealer also has a Jeep dealership, that seems to actually be bigger than their Ford store, that probably didn't help. I know the Jeep market was a factor too. At #1, hopefully it doesn't matter.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand all of that, but once down to the allocation (my dealer had 17 orders, got 5 allocated, so less than 30%) would then go back trough another allocation after ordering is complete? I can't see anywhere in the past communications or dealer comments that references a second round of cuts to dealer allocations, because they are "small". They already got way less than others because of their size. My dealer also has a Jeep dealership, that seems to actually be bigger than their Ford store, that probably didn't help. I know the Jeep market was a factor too. At #1, hopefully it doesn't matter.
No dealer has received their actual allocation numbers yet. They all received estimates based on the second half of the formula and an assumed national conversion rate.

The purpose of the March deadline is it’s the line in the sand for when Ford was going to look at each dealer’s *actual* conversion rates and calculate their real allocation number.

The estimate was so Dealers could communicate with their customers and emotionally prepare them for where they will likely be.

If a dealer under performs compared to the original estimate, they will receive fewer Broncos than original quoted. That’s why we’re always really alarmed around here when someone says their dealer is only taking the number of orders they have allocated... because if they do that they will presumably get fewer.

If a dealer over performs on conversions, they will receive more than their original estimate (appreciating that there is a finite amount of MY21 production)

Now all this is only for MY21 production. If your dealer is allocated say 6 in the end, that means they’ll get one a month for the remaining 6 months of MY21 production. Allocations will be spread out over MY21 for all dealers and then we’ll run straight into MY22.

Ford has not said how MY22 allocation will be handled, but it seems that production will be able to cover all remaining orders, so there will be no need to ration Broncos like they are doing in MY21... allocation in MY22 will basically just come down to home many Broncos a dealership will get each month for their existing orders, and potentially dealer stock.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No dealer has received their actual allocation numbers yet. They all received estimates based on the second half of the formula and an assumed national conversion rate.

The purpose of the March deadline is it’s the line in the sand for when Ford was going to look at each dealer’s *actual* conversion rates and calculate their real allocation number.

The estimate was so Dealers could communicate with their customers and emotionally prepare them for where they will likely be.

If a dealer under performs compared to the original estimate, they will receive fewer Broncos than original quoted. That’s why we’re always really alarmed around here when someone says their dealer is only taking the number of orders they have allocated... because if they do that they will absolutely get fewer.

If a dealer over performs on conversions, they will receive more than their original estimate (appreciating that there is a finite amount of MY21 production)
oh yeah, got it. Still shouldn't affect me , small dealer or not. I forgot about the conversion factor. Unlikely they get 0 allocation if they have an order! I think at least three other orders were employees.

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Different manufacturer an all, but the headliner from the factory held up some of the Wranglers for weeks at times after completion during the JL launch
Sponsored