First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer just e-mailed me to say I was in the first group of 8500 Bronco orders to be converted to a 2022 model.
I know production scheduling will be determined by option availability but I think that's pretty good news for an early 2022 model year delivery.
Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer just e-mailed me to say I was in the first group of 8500 Bronco orders to be converted to a 2022 model.
I know production scheduling will be determined by option availability but I think that's pretty good news for an early 2022 model year delivery.
Dealers know this info already? Mine hasn’t said anything 😅

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It still goes off your reservation time stamp and your dealer allocations. Good luck I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Out of curiosity, what is your reservation date, and build?

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point anything that starts with "but my dealer said" is BS. Even if there may be some truth to it the way the game is playing out is I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what they say. Order banks haven't opened, production doesn't begin until Dec 13, no scheduling has been done, and a bunch of 99 orders that have early timestamps will probably get priority if you are not day 1 or 2 reservation. They only thing he actually told you was that you were going to be a MY22 which at this point if you don't have a VIN you can assume already.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jsullivan

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Out of curiosity, what is your reservation date, and build?
I never had a reservation.
My order date was 3/13/2021.
My build is a Base 2-door with 2.7L, Switches, HD Bumper.
My order status is still NSP. I'm sure my build is still waiting on the MIC 2.0 production.

OP
OP
Jsullivan

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point anything that starts with "but my dealer said" is BS. Even if there may be some truth to it the way the game is playing out is I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what they say. Order banks haven't opened, production doesn't begin until Dec 13, no scheduling has been done, and a bunch of 99 orders that have early timestamps will probably get priority if you are not day 1 or 2 reservation. They only thing he actually told you was that you were going to be a MY22 which at this point if you don't have a VIN you can assume already.
Yes, I was a 2022 since Ford declared the MIC 2 door non Fe's would be.
This Dealer Rep has been spot on with everything so far.
We know the 2021's would be rolled over to 2022's. Does being in the first 8500 orders to be rolled over mean anything? I'm hoping so!

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We know the 2021's would be rolled over to 2022's. Does being in the first 8500 orders to be rolled over mean anything? I'm hoping so!
I’m a 9/24/20 reservation 2 door Wildtrak orderer so if that’s the case I’ll be ecstatic to be getting my build date soon but I’m in the “it’ll happen when it happens“ boat 😅

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order date (or order conversion date) doesn't play into when your Bronco is built. And since the order banks haven't opened for 22 orders yet (scheduled for October), there is no way your order has already been converted for 22.
Which leads me to believe your dealer is perhaps just letting you that you will be among the first the enter into the 22 order banks? No idea where the number 8500 comes from though.

Edit: Since you never had a reservation, it's possible your order date might come into play.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't just be rolled over, you have to re-order. Oh well. I hope your right. Good luck.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never had a reservation.
My order date was 3/13/2021.
My build is a Base 2-door with 2.7L, Switches, HD Bumper.
My order status is still NSP. I'm sure my build is still waiting on the MIC 2.0 production.
A reservation timestamp within your dealer's allocation will still take priority over non-reservation holders. Your build is a simple one so you have that in your favor. But once the MY'22 order banks open, you will be 1 order out of 100k nationwide. More important to you is if your order is in the order banks before your dealer's other reservation holders orders are entered prior to the first round of scheduling which was Oct. 13th, but will likely be pushed to the end of October. You will then have a chance to beat all the other reservation holders within your dealer's allocation for the initial wave of scheduling.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to Wikipedia, MAP is capable of producing 5,300 “units” per week. So, not doomsday?? The backlog may disappear quicker than everyone believes.

Trying to be optimistic……

OP
OP
Jsullivan

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Order date (or order conversion date) doesn't play into when your Bronco is built. And since the order banks haven't opened for 22 orders yet (scheduled for October), there is no way your order has already been converted for 22.
Which leads me to believe your dealer is perhaps just letting you that you will be among the first the enter into the 22 order banks? No idea where the number 8500 comes from though.

Edit: Since you never had a reservation, it's possible your order date might come into play.
He said the order banks would open within 2 weeks and to stop in and change my order.
I want to add the Capable Front Bumper, if it is available for the Base and roof rack.
Over a month ago he said my order would automatically roll over to a 2022 and not to change anything until it was actually a 2022 order.
At this time I have no choice but to follow his advice.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I've bought vehicles from the same dealer since my 1981 F350. So I think he is, at least being as honest as he can be.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How the 22 ordering hasn’t gone live….

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs