Sponsored

I’m not a Jeep Wrangler person. How will Bronco ride quality compare?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go to the Jeep dealer and drive a new one, sounds like you drove one that had been rode hard and put away wet.
Just a tip if you do take a test drive. Ask the salesperson what the psi is in the tires. Jeep like many other dealers do not gauge the air, and with to much air it will make the Jeep wander all over the road. Mine had nearly 45 psi in all 4, and on the home I thought I had made the worst decision in my life. I gauged the air properly, and it was like night and day.

With that said the new JL's ride is as expected from a tall 4wd vehicle. It isn't a Lincoln on the rougher roads, but on a smooth highway they ride very good. Because of the solid axle, and the pitman arm setup they will drive differently than a vehicle with IFS.

I expect the Bronco will ride close to the Jeep on the rougher roads, but it will feel better in drive and ride than the Jeep overall. I expect IFS in the Bronco will make the difference in both categories.

Our Jeep is completely stock. We took it on a 5K road trip last year, and enjoyed every mile. So, they are not as bad as they used to be, that's for sure.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No personal offense, but I really wish that people who aren't familiar at all with this type of vehicle would have not reserved. They should have stayed away for the first year or so until they could get enough experience to make a sound assessment of the Bronco. I have seen hundreds--if not thousands--of posts in a similar vein and foresee a ton of superfluous negativity coming. Just because the Bronco became the next hot thing when the world was bored and locked indoors you've got bigger-better-deal people jumping on the bandwagon and people coming from Range Rovers and "sports sedans" who are, consciously or not, expecting a different vehicle.

The Bronco is going to set the bar for its class, but it's not going to be a rich soccer-parent stunner.

Stupid analogy: It's a tugboat, diesel trucks are container ships, and a bunch of cigarette boat people are probably looking at the wrong vehicle.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lightest weight and best handling. Please, just please, once you get your Bronco remember to slow down to speed limit on highway exit ramps. We do not need a repeat of the 80s and class action suits against the Jeeps for "being unsafe" by drivers that expect sorts car handling and low CoGs.
COG’s?

Ford Bronco I’m not a Jeep Wrangler person. How will Bronco ride quality compare? 1613401772038

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, they are not as bad as they used to be, that's for sure.
And I would tell those who think otherwise to go drive a Wrangler with square headlights and get back to me with a full report. 😏

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Now that I think of it, we test drove the dealers Bronco Sport not for sale loaner last week and the ride on that was pretty stiff. Worse than my JK for comfort / better for steering.

Who knows what the Bronco will be. 🤷‍♂️

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I would tell those who think otherwise to go drive a Wrangler with square headlights and get back to me with a full report. 😏
Amen brother.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh you kids are so cute.

go find a 97 TJ and test drive it.

newer wranglers turned into yuppie mobiles.

buy the bronco, keep telling yourself it drives like a Range Rover compared to old jeeps, and enjoy the fact that the bronco should start more often than a LR. Maybe.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh you kids are so cute.

buy the bronco, keep telling yourself it drives like a Range Rover compared to old jeeps, and enjoy the fact that the bronco should start more often than a LR. Maybe.
Dab nabbit, who needs a smooth suspension! Those damn whipper snapper millennials and their new fangled technological advancements, always ruining everything! Back in my day only real men could drive a 4X4, you may end up wearing your Pepsi but that’s a right of passage my daddy’s daddy’s daddy passed on down through the years.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dab nabbit, who needs a smooth suspension! Those damn whipper snapper millennials and their new fangled technological advancements, always ruining everything! Back in my day only real men could drive a 4X4, you may end up wearing your Pepsi but that’s a right of passage my daddy’s daddy’s daddy passed on down through the years.
I skimmed that and just know you called me daddy three times 💋

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh you kids are so cute.

Why do people use yuppie as if it's a negative thing? 🤔

Young. Urban. Professional
I enjoy being all of those things 😌

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve never driven a Bronco so that said, i can’t compare...

However..

Had a 2011 JK, shocks were stiff. Replaced it numerous times and finally settled on Skyjacker Nitros...
My neighbors 2013 JK and his drive a lot smoother, but to him it was not.

Guess what I’m trying to say, is it comes down to your preference and if you’re not happy, aftermarket parts are there for you to “upgrade” to meet your want/needs...
Sponsored