Sponsored

I’m not a Jeep Wrangler person. How will Bronco ride quality compare?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
It'll definitely ride better, but where it should really shine is in the steering. Jeeps like to wander and have general steering sloppiness, but the Bronco has a rack and pinion so it should be a more responsive and tighter driving experience.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP .. The Jeep (solid Front axle) and the Bronco (IFS) are 2 completely different vehicles so there is no comparison where the ride is concerned.

The Bronco and Raptor (better shocks) front suspension are setup exactly the same ... so go test drive a Raptor if you want to feel the ride quality.

BTW .. ask any Raptor owner and he will tell you that the Raptor is super super comfortable.

Sponsored

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I owned a 2012 4dr JK and drove the JL Rubicon for a few days. Around town, the Wrangler is fine. It feels “trucky” to someone who currently drives an SUV but handles fine at low and medium speeds. My daily now is an F150 3.5L v6 so when I jump in the Jeep feels slightly easier to handle in town but when I hit the gas, the F150 feels better, more stable. The JL is the best version of a SFA you can get. To me, the IFS and rear coils will allow the Bronco to handle better at speed and simply be amazing comfortable on dips and when pushing it. (Google “death wobble Wrangler”) The suspension of the Bronco will be the best thing about it. I am not a rock crawler and few of the rubicon’s in my town ever see the rocks anyway. I figure my wildTrak will keep up just fine. The best all-around version of the Bronco will probably be the Badlands on 33’s but my wife liked the look of the 35’s so Sasq it was.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a big fan of ifs but thats what we get ,wait till you do a sharp rurn and hear those cv joints clunk clunk clunk
🙈

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I originally went from a Audi A6 to my first Wrangler Unlimited (used but in good shape). World of difference between the two but I expected that. Higher center of gravity and not really designed for the highway. Then I went to a mid 80s restored CJ7 - with my wife telling me I was moving backwards in my car upgrades. I expect the Bronco will be closer to the wrangler than the sedans I’ve driven and I’m ok with that. Being brand new I also expect a smoother ride than our wranglers. You get used to the difference but as someone else said on this thread pay attention to exit ramps and sharp turnoffs until you get used to it.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to admit that I'm quite apprehensive about buying the Bronco without driving. Like others, I've rented a Jeep Wrangler XL to "see how I'd like it" and I'm not sure I'd like to have it as a "daily driver". All due credit to it's trail and off-road reputation. I'm concerned that I'll jump into my new Bronco [if 1. it ever gets ordered, and 2. it is actually delivered :) ] and not like the ride!

I am a former Bronco [and Bronco II] owner as well as a Suburban [and even a Dodge Dakota 4x4], so I understand this will NOT be a car like ride. I'm all for a truck ride... just hope I like it.
Sponsored