Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Good luck in your future, maybe see you on the trail someday
Sponsored

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Sorry about your news... ? Like has been said by many others on here, very cool you are realizing what is the most important for you and your future! I too did not have the same mindset at 25, being twice that now I can say you are making some very good decisions... Vehicles will always be around, you will come back and be able to see all of the goods/bads we are making in our first year impulse buys and can then make a better decision based on that! Good luck in your future and hopefully you will be back on here soon! :cool:

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear that man, I hope things turn to the better soon.
I feel ya, I had to sell my FJ cruiser 3 years ago because I lost a job for a few month and things were not clear.
An MBA would definitely make you more marketable
Good luck

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Losing your job is a rough patch. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and game plan. Hopefully, your situation is just a speed bump to the onramp of a better future and career.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So sorry to hear about the furlough, but excellent choice going back to school! Try and enjoy it, I’ve always found learning to be so incredibly fun. I’d be a professional student if I could!! But honestly, you sound like a smart guy so you’ve got good things coming your way!

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck on ur future endeavors, sad to see a bro(nco), get it hehe, not get his rig.
Hope you have a good one

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Good call. Much better to study, work hard and save money at your age. You'll be a lot happier down the road with savings and less debt! Best of luck to you!

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the best… good to remember that in the grand scheme of things—it's just a truck. I need to remind myself of that sometimes. Go and conquer. Do well. Chin up & see you on the other side.

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I applaud you for having the for-site and fortitude to make a decision that in your case is for the greater good. You sound like a smart young fella (and I can say that as I am almost three times your age) and am sure the future for you is bright! Stay healthy and happy, Godspeed on your journey!!

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

....The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I wish you all the best, and want to encourage you some down there as well. I work for a firm in Canada’s O&G country,
Wow, very mature for a 25 y.o. you sound like a level headed person so I'm sure you understand the value of saving. There is a lot written on the subject but the most important factor in building wealth is starting early. If a 25-year old with $10,000 invested $320 a month at a 7% annual compound rate of return until they turned 65, they would wind up with $1 million. May sound boring but think about the great toys you could buy and hopefully have the time to enjoy them! Best of luck to you!
I completely agree with the sentiment (the wisdom of saving), but have to ask in what country, or perhaps with a Global economy, on what planet can you still get a 7% compounded per annum interest on savings? 2% is extraordinary these days; and the cost of living is rising faster than that.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Smart move! You will have plenty of time to buy your toy car. Best of luck to you!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It sounds like you made the right decision, for you. I would recommend, however, that no one cancel their reservation until the drop dead date for order conversion. It's not costing much to keep the reservation until it's time to commit. You'll eventually get your $100 back if you cancel.

messymatter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

The main thing is the Bronco is back! You might be able to pick up a good used example in a couple of years. Take care of your money first. You are doing the right thing
Sponsored