Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Good luck. You will have great opportunities ahead.
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, that sucks. I hope the best for you and hopefully you'll chime in with some of your smart a$5 remarks periodically.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Good luck. You will have great opportunities ahead.

OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, that sucks. I hope the best for you and hopefully you'll chime in with some of your smart a$5 remarks periodically.
Oh yea....my random, slightly inappropriate and badly timed jokes aren’t going anywhere ?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want to say how encouraged I am by the kindness and support shown in this thread. Yay 6g community.

Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Checked the thread expecting to see another clown giving up because there arent enough cup holders. Glad that wasnt the case, but sorry to hear about your situation. Good decision though. Good financial decisions while you're young will pay dividends down the road. Good luck to ya(y)

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Great decision. There will always be cool cars. Education comes first. Best!

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too was thinking of keeping my money in the bank for the upcoming economy crash thats sure to come since the election( if thats what they're calling it).

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

You have your priorities straight, and will be successful in life. At your young age you have plenty of time to get a Bronco. I wouldn't worry about leaving Granger stuck with one...

OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want to say how encouraged I am by the kindness and support shown in this thread. Yay 6g community.
Same. Lots of great people on the forum for sure.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too was thinking of keeping my money in the bank for the upcoming economy crash thats sure to come since the election( if thats what they're calling it).
How about the base version? It's still pretty darn cool at half the cost of the top trim models.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
As painful as your decision certainly was you are a smart man. You'll look back on this in a few years and thank yourself. Sorry to hear of your troubles but best of luck going forward!

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about the base version? It's still pretty darn cool at half the cost of the top trim models.
I have enough to pay cash. I'm just thinking of holding it for later just in case
Sponsored