First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that’s a good choice. Adulting sucks sometimes, but sounds like it’s the best thing for now. Hope things pick up for you.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Normally we say, see ya. But... Sorry about your troubles and I pray it works out well in the end. You may well not be far behind anyway, and have more options later.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order it from Albert. He will appreciate your interest in doing business with him.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that’s a good choice. Adulting sucks sometimes, but sounds like it’s the best thing for now. Hope things pick up for you.
Appreciate that. It’s all smiles over here. I’m excited for the new adventure.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wise decisions... this will bear fruit many times over for ya man
The bronco will always be there, get your other things in line and life will be better in the long run...
Good luck to you with the career choices..

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a few short years there'll be a ton of interesting ICE and electric vehicles to choose from. '21 broncos with their faded tops and weak floor air vents will be stuck in the right lane getting passed by all of 'em. So you'll be alright. Might as well stick around the forum cuz who knows what'll happen. Plus, at least you still have that ill-advised purchase aka the ss slowpar mopar boat to have fun in.

OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wise decisions... this will bear fruit many times over for ya man
The bronco will always be there, get your other things in line and life will be better in the long run...
Good luck to you with the career choices..
Yessir, my thoughts exactly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In a few short years there'll be a ton of interesting ICE and electric vehicles to choose from. '21 broncos with their faded tops and weak floor air vents will be stuck in the right lane getting passed by all of 'em. So you'll be alright. Might as well stick around the forum cuz who knows what'll happen. Plus, at least you still have that ill-advised purchase aka the ss slowpar mopar boat to have fun in.
Lmaoooo “slowpar mopar”. It is indeed slow but still fun haha.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear about them laying you off. Good luck and screw those people. ?
This is just an opportunity for you to get on to your next chapter in life. Off to bigger and better things. When you finish your next degree and get that better job, make sure to check back in on the Bronco. It will be an even better Bronco in a couple years when you decide to finally make your purchase.

btw, what was your order date? ?

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck with everything. Hope it all works out.

OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear about them laying you off. Good luck and screw those people. ?
This is just an opportunity for you to get on to your next chapter in life. Off to bigger and better things. When you finish your next degree and get that better job, make sure to check back in on the Bronco. It will be an even better Bronco in a couple years when you decide to finally purchase your Bronco.

btw, what was your order date? ?
Thanks, I was waiting for your response ?.

My latest reservation date was 10/16. I had two before that were cancelled awhile ago with dates of 7/20 and 7/23.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to see you go, but it takes wisdom and strong self-discipline to follow the better path in such situations. I think I speak for the rest of the forum when I say good luck to you in all future endeavors. We know in the future at some point in time, you will eventually get a vehicle of your dreams. All the Best!
Sponsored