First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, very mature for a 25 y.o. you sound like a level headed person so I'm sure you understand the value of saving. There is a lot written on the subject but the most important factor in building wealth is starting early. If a 25-year old with $10,000 invested $320 a month at a 7% annual compound rate of return until they turned 65, they would wind up with $1 million. May sound boring but think about the great toys you could buy and hopefully have the time to enjoy them! Best of luck to you!
Sponsored

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
You definitely made the right decision. There will be more Broncos! Probably better ones when the purchase makes more sense.

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
WOW! sorry to hear this. I went through this working for the State but they only furloughed us one day a month. You will find another job just be positive. If your not on https://www.linkedin.com/ it is a good place to network for jobs.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
You got a good head on your shoulders! The Bronco, hopefully, isn't going anywhere so when you rebound and get back on your financial feet one will be waiting for you. I'm impressed seeing you take the smart route and not risk serious potential debt in a already unsettled economy.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good decision my man, but if you need a car you can't get much for cheaper than a base bronco.

I don't know your situation but if you're an engineer you'll be on your feet well before these broncos will be delivered.

I wouldn't consider the financial implications of Granger. They will sell that bronco in a day. Also, car dealers don't look out for us, even Granger. If someone walked into their lot today and offered full MSRP for a 2020 F-150 do you think they would stop them and tell them that if they just negotiate a little we will come down in price? No.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At 25 when I was in O&G I thought I was unstoppable. I wasn't. It's taken me a decade longer to get to a place where I can buy a Bronco with few worries. No worries, man. You're young. Cool cars are coming.

Besides.... At 25 I liked to spend most of my money on cash and travelling. May not have been the best financial strategy but I loved it. I wouldn't have enjoyed my 20s spending my money on an expensive truck.

Take this time to reset. Go to school. Brush up on some skills. Come my age (35) if you make the right moves you'll be able to buy a Bronco and all 200 accessories. Even if that's just 180 different license plate frames and 20 bike racks.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very mature decision on your part. Best of luck, but stick around as you never know what details they release on Warthog/Raptor or even electric.

the situation looks/feels rough right now, but going back to school and improving your job prospects is always a good thing.

btw, a little advice on the MBA... first find out if your future employer will cover it. You’d be much better off IF it’s a benefit they already provide and you can seize.

Much of the time, large firms/companies offer this as a part of their benefits and people don’t take advantage of it and rather than take on that debt, let them pay what they owe you

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good decision my man, but if you need a car you can't get much for cheaper than a base bronco.

I don't know your situation but if you're an engineer you'll be on your feet well before these broncos will be delivered.

I wouldn't consider the financial implications of Granger. They will sell that bronco in a day. Also, car dealers don't look out for us, even Granger. If someone walked into their lot today and offered full MSRP for a 2020 F-150 do you think they would stop them and tell them that if they just negotiate a little we will come down in price? No.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wise beyond your years. Best of luck but you probably won’t need it seeing the sound decision you’re making.

Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good luck to you - sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders. You’ll do just fine - and hopefully Bronco is in the plans somewhere down to road. ?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At 25 I was an idiot. I wish I would have had your foresight- I’d be wealthier than I am today. I learned late but nevertheless I did learn. There will come a day that you will pick out the vehicle you want, exactly as you want - and you will smile because you can now afford it. - and your smile even more because of the sound decisions you are making today. I wish you the very best !

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should talk with Albert first or even make a reservation now and which would give you plenty of time to figure things out since you probably wouldn’t be taking delivery till 2022.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It sounds like you are making a wise decision. I’ve often found that, with the right positive outlook, when one door closes another opens.
It sounds like you have that positive outlook. Good luck in you endeavors and I hope to see a picture of your dream Bronco on here in the not too distant future.

Luke

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good Luck Scott, hope it all works out for you.
Sponsored