First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should talk with Albert first or even make a reservation now and which would give you plenty of time to figure things out since you probably wouldn’t be taking delivery till 2022.
I thought about making another reservation, but I don’t want to have a mental deadline in my head for finishing school. Plus, graduate school is very expensive, so that will play a role in my next vehicle plans as well. Either way, I appreciate the idea.
Sponsored

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good thinking, but I am sorry to hear about your job loss use it as motivation to make things even better than they were. Way to be responsible

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear that man. Economic concerns have definitely kept me wary about the Bronco, which is why I am selling my Jeep next month, refinancing my house, etc and getting myself super squared away. But if you get laid off... nothing you can really do about that. I’m long $XOM so I’m rootin for the industry my man, fair winds to ya. And I’m sure we’ll see ya around.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've thought about buying a gas powered vehicle when everything is going electric........more so in the next 10 years..Why....because I don't buy vehicles very often...my new good vehicle is a 93 Toyota 4x4....the Bronco is replacing that...in the back of my mind gas maybe less common for how long I plan on keeping the Bronco

Sponsored

goog67

Base
First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sucks to hear that,good luck in your future plans and you never know 2-3 years down the road you can order a Bronco with matching trim,top and a better interior!!!

Last edited:

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Solid choice.....when you do and can buy, it will be very rewarding. Good Luck

OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
oil and gas industry is about to get clobbered and with it everything else follows.
I agree. I think anyone my age working in the upstream sector of the industry should get their plans in order because change is coming. There just hasn’t been enough effective R&D and business development in the industry to remain sustainable when demand falls. In my case, the facilities that we designed were very expensive and funded by the clients’ production from fracking mostly. If they can’t hire expensive frac companies to complete wells, then they can’t build new shiny surface facilities for us to design. That’s just how it goes.

Fracking cost too much money and has driven companies like Schlumberger, the largest oilfield service company in the world, to sell off their frac assets in North America. It’s just writing on the wall in my eyes. I hope I’m wrong, and I’m no expert so I could be. Time will tell. I won’t wait for it though, life is too short.

OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear that man. Economic concerns have definitely kept me wary about the Bronco, which is why I am selling my Jeep next month, refinancing my house, etc and getting myself super squared away. But if you get laid off... nothing you can really do about that. I’m long $XOM so I’m rootin for the industry my man, fair winds to ya. And I’m sure we’ll see ya around.
Thanks Nick!

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welp guys I think I’m gonna throw in the towel for the Bronco due mostly to economic and personal reasons.

The economic side is that I was furloughed from work for a while and expected to come back, BUT I was recently notified that I am now permanently laid off (Facilities Engineer - Oil & Gas). Sure, I could still go through with the ordering process with the expectation that I’ll have a job next year no issues. However, personal reasons conflict with that idea. I also do not want to have an empty order left on Granger Ford’s lot in a potentially disastrous economy. It could lead to a really bad situation for them if a lot of people do that.

I think now at my age (25yo), it would be better money spent to get back in school for an MBA or a possible career change. I’m sure there’s good amount of us on the forum that could debate the future of oil and gas in the United States all day long, but that’s for another site lol. For me personally, I think it’s a great time to diversify my skill set via education and keep the ball rolling.

Big thanks to @Granger Ford for being so transparent and informative. I’ll still be following the forum for the love of the Bronco. Maybe when I get back on track, Ford will have a 5.0 in the Bronco ?
Scott.... although I don't know you, I was very touched by your post; you're a class act!
Best of luck with your MBA- smart move.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mopar2Bronco2021

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Scott.... although I don't know you, I was very touched by your post; you're a class act!
Best of luck with your MBA- smart move.
Thanks JC!

CalPilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wise choice. Everything in life is about trade offs and sometimes things don’t go as planned. One trait I’ve seen in all of my most successful clients is this: adaptability. Adapt to your current situation and keep building success habits, as you are now, and it comes. The fact is you’re already successful, you’re just adapting to a new situation thrust upon you. Success comes in stages, sometimes small ones, not all at once monumentally. Good luck in your school and career. With your mindset you’ll always do well.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont worry about cars or girls you missed plenty of fish in the sea, my buddy is a stationary engineer and is barley working as well! The good thing is those skills are part of a dying breed everyone is computers ,chips and such nuts and bolts people will always be needed ! Good luck and i wish you the best in these screwy times keep us informed!

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Life is not about what you drive. Cheers young man, and good fortune.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear you got let go, but I think alot more will have same issue as the increased (21 to 28%) corp tax will cause companies to cut costs (biggest cost is always payroll).

This happens whenever the government promises more taxes and they say they will only tax the rich. (the companies lay off the poor (ie us)). I got laid off in 2008 and 2012 so I know this all too well.

Keep you head up, something better will come along and then you can get your bronco down the road (or whatever you wish to have by then)

Try to reduce expenses as much as possible, if live in high rent area and expect to be down a while consider moving to cheaper rent until back to work. I took a surving the layoff class through one company and pretty much all tips were common sense, spend alot less. there are some programs you can get on with phone company etc for low income. Ask around see what they have.
Sponsored

Last edited: