First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So it has been posted here many times that X-Plan is Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

I am getting invoice pricing and asked my dealer if they honored X-plan and I was told "why would you want X-plan when that amount is greater than invoice?" I told them I did not understand the math and they gave me a sample order. Please see below. So if you are getting Invoice and X-Plan is more than invoice then why would anyone want to apply X-plan on top of invoice pricing?

Ford Bronco I am confused about X-Plan xplan
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So it has been posted here many times that X-Plan is Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

I am getting invoice pricing and asked my dealer if they honored X-plan and I was told "why would you want X-plan when that amount is greater than invoice?" I told them I did not understand the math and they game me a sample order. Please see below. So if X-Plan is more than invoice then why would anyone want to apply it?

xplan.jpg
Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in soon. But it looks like you're getting penalised For having X Plan ? I'm not sure why they're giving you an invoice so early, seems fishy to me

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most are using x plan to get pricing below MSRP. If your dealer is promising invoice there would be no need for X plan.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Either way it’s less than sticker price. Without doing any solid math just looking at the -0.4% and adding the program fee it would be above invoice slightly. 0.4% isn’t a lot to subtract. Either way thank god I’m d plan

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting invoice pricing and asked my dealer if they honored X-plan and I was told "why would you want X-plan when that amount is greater than invoice?" I told them I did not understand the math and they game me a sample order. Please see below. So if X-Plan is more than invoice then why would anyone want to apply it?

Ford Bronco I am confused about X-Plan xplan
X plan is a non negotiable price. Ford will give the dealer a kick back for allowing someone to utilize it. Ford also restricts what a dealer can charge for processing fees. If a dealership is trying to sway you away there's a reason. You're looking at less than a 100 dollar difference in cost between X plan and invoice. I'm not clear on this either. I can only guess it's because something shady is going on. If they are offering you a better deal get it in writing. Ask them to clarify what they charge for processing fees and any other added fees. Sorry, this just doesn't seem right to me.....

Sponsored

secretg

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan Leaf :)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

xplan.jpg
The answer is it depends, if you're in a state where they cap dealer fees to something low it might be better to go with invoice price. But if you're in a state like Virgnia doc fees can be as high as $900 dollars; x-plan caps the doc fees at $100 dollars.

Using the numbers you provide, if I were to go with invoice I would pay:
$44,383.00(invoice price) + $799(Ted Britt of Fairfax's Doc fee) = $45,182

vs. the x-plan:
$44,481(x-plan price) + $100(capped doc fee) = $44,481

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No fishy at all. I purchased my 2013 Raptor and my 2019 Raptor at invoice and I called and asked abut the bronco and I was told "we will sell all Broncos at invoice". I already have a reservation there.

I will create a new thread and reveal their info. And I totally vouch for this dealership. They are simply the best. Why do you think they even bothered sending me that document?

BTW .. their dealer doc fee is only $75 with a drive away tag of $20 if you need it.

Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in soon. But it looks like you're getting penalised For having X Plan ? Not sure wy they're giving you an invoice so early, sounds fishy to me

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is no funny business. I have done business with them before.

2013 Raptor at invoice
2019 Raptor at invoice
2021 Bronco at invoice

I totally trust them or I would not do business with them. There are 70 guys on the raptor forum that I have referred to them and they got invoice pricing also.

Dealer doc fee is $75 with a drive away tag fee of $20 if you need it.

X plan is a non negotiable price. Ford will give the dealer a kick back for allowing someone to utilize it. Ford also restricts what a dealer can charge for processing fees. If a dealership is trying to sway you away there's a reason. You're looking at less than a 100 dollar difference in cost between X plan and invoice. I'm not clear on this either. I can only guess it's because something shady is going on. If they are offering you a better deal get it in writing. Ask them to clarify what they charge for processing fees and any other added fees. Sorry, this just doesn't seem right to me.....

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And I am from VA and I never buy from VA due to the ridiculous dealer doc fees.

This dealer is out of state.

The answer is it depends, if you're in a state where they cap dealer fees to something low it might be better to go with invoice price. But if you're in a state like Virgnia doc fees can be as high as $900 dollars x-plan caps the doc fees at $100 dollars.

vs. the x-plan:

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The answer is it depends, if you're in a state where they cap dealer fees to something low it might be better to go with invoice price. But if you're in a state like Virgnia doc fees can be as high as $900 dollars; x-plan caps the doc fees at $100 dollars.

vs. the x-plan:
Also remember that doc fee gets taxed too.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At least here, some dealerships will give you invoice for a vehicle, but all options are at MSRP.

With X-plan you also lock in ALL options/trims with your vin build at x-plan price. I'm guessing with the rumored "over 200 options" Bronco will have, you're going to save with x-plan on whatever options you wrap into financing as well.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least here, some dealerships will give you invoice for a vehicle, but all options are at MSRP.

With X-plan you also lock in ALL options/trims with your vin build at x-plan price. I'm guessing with the rumored "over 200 options" Bronco will have, you're going to save with x-plan on whatever options you wrap into financing as well.
Careful...options and accessories are 2 different things. Options are indeed at x-plan, but accessories don't follow that. They are touting over 200 accessories.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Careful...options and accessories are 2 different things. Options are indeed at x-plan, but accessories don't follow that. They are touting over 200 accessories.
Interesting. Conversation with my dealership manager said he would give X-plan for everything on the Bronco order sheet, which included options and he even stated the over 200 (not exactly sure what word came after 200, options or accessories, but it was the conversation about those 200 items).

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure what you mean by options but every package/option I added on like spray in bed liner and heated rear seats when I purchased my raptor was also at invoice. Now ... the bronco is different with their touted 200 accessories so we will have to see if any discounts apply to those items.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting. Conversation with my dealership manager said he would give X-plan for everything on the Bronco order sheet, which included options and he even stated the over 200 (not exactly sure what word came after 200, options or accessories, but it was the conversation about those 200 items).
Interesting. Sounds like he's a liar ?
Sponsored