Sponsored

I am converting my order Jan 20th. What should I expect?

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer called me this morning and we set up my appointment for tomorrow.

1. What should I expect on pricing? MSRP? Do they get a dealer hold back? Do I have any leverage at all on pricing? Any thoughts on how much more of deposit I should expect?

2. I need a sasquatch with roof rails. It's non-negotiable for me. That either means a MY2022 or I put the roof rails on after delivery. Is this possible?

3. I also want the Black Modular top but can settle for the MIC to keep it a 2021. Can the top be ordered after delivery?

I'm sure some of these questions have been asked (probably all of them) but there are 10's of thousands of posts here to dig through. Thank you for your thoughts in advance.

I'm 54 ordering my first American car. Four door cactus, Wild Trak with tent, hitch, Lux package, Leather, Bike rack, paddle board rack and a bunch of other crap. :)
Sponsored

LuckyNotAccurate

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also curious to get answers on some of these.

For the roof rails I'm in the same boat with 2.7L BL 4-door, not available. Considering you have to take the roof rails off to take the whole top off, they're going to be pretty east to install afterwards. The real issue is probably going to be getting ahold of parts for the first year or so as everything goes into the factory. Maybe the aftermarket will step up.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have a lot to learn in 24 hours. You should do a search. You don't need to dig through all the threads. When you search click on "search titles only" and use keywords like "pricing" "roof rack" and "tops"

Also when you click on each thread, scroll down, and you will see related threads at the bottom.

But basically:
1) You can do better than MSRP. Maybe.
2) Put the roof rails on yourself
3) You can order a top later for $$$$

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you've waited until ordering to negotiate pricing, you will be at the mercy of your dealer, which will probably be MSRP + something. But you do have 60 days over the ordering period to switch dealers and try and negotiate your best deal.

Use the search function, to see how many have negotiated pricing at Dealer invoice and even below dealer invoice.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting a hold of a modular black hard top and a set of roof rails after initial delivery will likely be difficult because so many want to add these items later to avoid waiting for them from the factory.

As far as pricing, it really depends on your dealer. If they charge way over MSRP call around locally and you will probably find a dealer that will agree to MSRP, invoice, or, if you're lucky, under invoice like Granger or Stephen's.

To get everything you want at the same time, you might need to wait for 2022.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer called me this morning and we set up my appointment for tomorrow.

1. What should I expect on pricing? MSRP? Do they get a dealer hold back? Do I have any leverage at all on pricing? Any thoughts on how much more of deposit I should expect?

2. I need a sasquatch with roof rails. It's non-negotiable for me. That either means a MY2022 or I put the roof rails on after delivery. Is this possible?

3. I also want the Black Modular top but can settle for the MIC to keep it a 2021. Can the top be ordered after delivery?

I'm sure some of these questions have been asked (probably all of them) but there are 10's of thousands of posts here to dig through. Thank you for your thoughts in advance.

I'm 54 ordering my first American car. Four door cactus, Wild Trak with tent, hitch, Lux package, Leather, Bike rack, paddle board rack and a bunch of other crap. :)
Have you not spoken to the dealer at all?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1. No offense, but you should have figured this out already. This is why we have the ability to change dealerships twice. You should have shopped around and be settled on your dealer by now.

2. Put them on yourself or wait for a '22

3. Yes. You can order from the parts dept. Just be aware you are ordering a Wildtrak... Ford has already stated that the 2.7, MIC, and Sasquatch are already options that are constrained due to supplier issues and will push your delivery date back. Your Wildtrak maybe already be a '22...

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you not spoken to the dealer at all?
Yes I have spoken to them about four or five times. Like most dealers at this point, they don't know much. The forums are a much better source. I wont pay more than MSRP.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. No offense, but you should have figured this out already. This is why we have the ability to change dealerships twice. You should have shopped around and be settled on your dealer by now.

2. Put them on yourself or wait for a '22

3. Yes. You can order from the parts dept. Just be aware you are ordering a Wildtrak... Ford has already stated that the 2.7, MIC, and Sasquatch are already options that are constrained due to supplier issues and will push your delivery date back. Your Wildtrak maybe already be a '22...
No offense taken. I agree. I am just super busy with work and my personal life. :) Maybe a 22 is the best option and I should just order exactly what I want. The problem is that I have two sportscars and each can really only sit one passenger. I need a people and stuff hauler soon. I'll figure it out.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can still switch your reservation to another dealer. If you don't like the deal you are getting, you can walk.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I have spoken to them about four or five times. Like most dealers at this point, they don't know much. The forums are a much better source. I wont pay more than MSRP.
Many dealers have indicated already whether you're paying MSRP or not. The forum isn't going to have that answer as each on is different. You shouldn't even pay MSRP.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you look around the forum you might find a "Pricing" section that might have a "spreadsheet" with "dealer pricing" that may be of help. How that you have minutes left on your phone for the number of phone calls you will be making. Almost guaranteed that you will save some money.
Sponsored