Sponsored

I am in desperate need of timely educated advice.

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok I have a very early time stamp for a 2 door FE. At dealer #1. They pull an early order on my so I excersize my right and have timestamp for FE moved to dealer #2. They had me create a new RSVP Note the owners of the dealerships are friends.

Ford failed to cancel my first RSVP and it was built and waiting if I want it. I didn't select the color or anything. I want the bronco from dealer #2. I was giver the order number as B326 and I was waiting to hear back from dealer number 2 with a build date. He calls today with bad news. Says he has been on the phone for two days and talked to a VP and everyone in-between who said my 2 door FE will not be built as they are done building hardtops. He is all sorry saying someone at Ford dropped he ball. And reccomended that I go ahead and buy from dealer #1. SOMETHING is very suspicious as this call came 30 minutes after dealer 1 today me I have till 6pm to decide if I want the bronco they order.

I call Ford who agrees it is susocious and is esculating to a supervisor. My bronco is still active with a priority 10 meaning a VIN is about to be issued. (I think). But the dealer said he was told it won't happen. Am I being played? If there a higher authority I can contact? As of now I am awaiting a call from a supervisor. And was told to call dealer number two and ask manager why he said it.was canceled if it is still active with a priority 10..
Any you have advice or can read between the lines here, I would be grateful for

62FF0943-E955-42AD-BD5E-8EB677492859.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right that this story sounds funny...

When you say you called Ford, you mean the 4375 number and they confirmed your (second) order is still active and pending?

Not sure what the dealer might mean by "no more hard tops"... all FE's are getting built. (the only rub would be if it was sitting in the order banks with a Mod top on the order or something funny)

I'm sure someone will recommend tweeting Mike Levine... get some attention from him. He'll be able to come at it from above and should be able to get you an answer directly from someone at ford.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't two rivers doing invoice price? Not sure if they're dealer #1 or dealer #2.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No more hard tops, eh?
Dang.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What do you mean “they pulled an early order on my”? I don’t think your FE was properly transferred to dealer #2. If it was your original dealer wouldn’t of got your first edition.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean “they pulled an early order on my”? I don’t think your FE was properly transferred to dealer #2. If it was your original dealer wouldn’t of got your first edition.
I think what he means is that they converted his original reservation without his permission, so he called Ford... and the remedy for that event was for the customer to make a new reservation and then Ford would manually edit the second reservation's timestamp to match the original.

And yes, it seems like whenever these conversations-without-consent were made, the originals were never cancelled.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple notes of clarification.
I am assuming you mean dealer #1 converted your original res without permission so you made another res at dealer #2 and Ford re-applied your original timestamp, correct?
When you say the owners of the dealership are friends, do you mean yours or the other dealership?
Ford was never able to cancel hijacked reservations.
Priority 10 does not mean a VIN is pending. It just means your order is clean and able to be built.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a big scheduling day I would hold off until then until you make any decisions until after emails go out. Tell dealer #1 you need until tomorrow to make a decision as you want to see if your preferred order gets pulled. Is dealer #1 going to hit you with a big ADM?

Of course, if you have the means I would suggest buying res #1 anyhow and flipping it.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They had me create a new RSVP
You made a new 2nd reservation? How could a new reservation be FE? I think FE should be priority 1 now (not 10). Is the order printout from dealer #2 actually for an FE model?

Sponsored
OP
OP
dblev

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
a dealer that hijacked my early time stamp FE. It was transferred to a new dealership as a FE same timestamp. Order was placed on 3/15 so absoluty no reason it would not be shchedued. Just be cause as I was told "people high up in Ford messed this up does not mean they would not build an active car". I don't think they are in the business of lying to customers

You made a new 2nd reservation? How could a new reservation be FE? I think FE should be priority 1 now (not 10). Is the order printout from dealer #2 actually for an FE model?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think what he means is that they converted his original reservation without his permission, so he called Ford... and the remedy for that event was for the customer to make a new reservation and then Ford would manually edit the second reservation's timestamp to match the original.

And yes, it seems like whenever these conversations-without-consent were made, the originals were never cancelled.
It would have to be somewhat different for a FE reservation though? The fact the second dealer is saying he won’t get a bronco leads me to believe that the second dealer doesn’t have his first edition order.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would have to be somewhat different for a FE reservation though? The fact the second dealer is saying he won’t get a bronco leads me to believe that the second dealer doesn’t have his first edition order.
Reservations just end up as raw data in a big database somewhere... they were having to manually edit the data when these problems were arising, but when it comes to manually editing the data it would be a trivial matter to change a new reservation for anything into an FE reservation.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t even remember a time before I started reading this post
You know …when a post makes me actually laugh out loud. So loud in fact that my dogs think I am having some sort of medical conniption, I deem that post, “ Winner of the day!”. Well done ,well done.
Sponsored