Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation in place and I am so glad I waited. I was just about to purchase a Rubicon with the V6 and 6 Spd manual. But since the reveal yesterday the Bronco is much more appealing and simply put bad ass looking than the Wrangler. My only dilemma now is do I forego the manual in favor of the 2.7 or stick it out with the 2.3 an manual tranny? This is honestly the only point that I am unhappy with right now. At a minimal the Jeep has the 6 spd with a V6.

Other than that, I wonder how good the vinyl seats are compared to leather or cloth. Decisions need to be made before actual order goes through.

JT
Sponsored

LonestarBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you wanting 4dr or 2dr? I like the manual but i'm probably going to upgrade to the 2.7 since i'm getting the 4dr.

Don't worry about 4cl vs 6cl. Just look at hp and torque. I'm sure the 2.3 in the 2dr will be plenty of power

OP
OP
Jtorral

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wantin in line for the 2Dr Badlands. Cant even configure it yet. Want the Sasquatch package. Especially since I live in the NW :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're torn, go with the 2.7 and auto. You either have to have the MT, or you should probably get the auto. I wouldn't enjoy the auto regardless of what it's hooked to. For me, the MT is the strongest selling point.

OP
OP
Jtorral

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're torn, go with the 2.7 and auto. You either have to have the MT, or you should probably get the auto. I wouldn't enjoy the auto regardless of what it's hooked to. For me, the MT is the strongest selling point.
That's it. The manual is strongest selling point and I agree. Just a little diminished with she smaller block. I have been a manual guy all my life so things wont change now I guess.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jtorral

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a side note, Antimatter Blue or Area 51 :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a lot of very convincing talk on here about the 2.3 vs the 2.7. I've posted on a few of them that personally I think the focus shouldn't be on the "power" but the design. The 2.7 uses different Injection, different valve train, and the block is made form CGI instead of Aluminium ("Nearly all NASCAR teams are running CGI engine blocks, or blocks with CGI liners")

In addition, this is a preference thing, but you lose out on a lot of features with the Manual Transmission like remote start, Trail Control, Turn Assist... and what also sounds like is the ability to Sasquatch.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual

Easier to swap a better trans and engine than retrofit a manual

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd go Manual with the 2.3 especially since there is already a tuning aftermarket for it. Ive seen 332hp and 400 ft lbs after being tunned with a stage 3 kit. Thats plenty of power.

The issue for me is there saying you can't get the Sasquatch package with the manual. Im hoping this is not true or it changes before official ordering.

Sponsored

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
if the car was just for me without a doubt I would get the base or bend with stick. but it's not, and the upgraded stronger engine is almost a must as i do not want anything underpowered or lagging when i can move up to a 6cyl at a nominal cost...the 6 is a must upgrade for me

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok I'm not trying to start a flame war so please take this with a grain of salt. Why are some of you guys so dead set on a manual trans in a Bronco? Trust me i get the allure of the manual and I personally own 2 6-Speed cars, my CTS-V and my 70 Formula Resto-Mod I'm building. I just don't get why in a bronco. I think the auto is better for off-roading personally and better as a DD with traffic. AGAIN this is not a dig towards anyone just an honest inquiry.
Sponsored