Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, definitely don’t have that internal debate.
Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 6 years ago I saw a pick-up truck t-bone a Prius. I sat by the side of the road with the little girl (8 yrs) that had been in the passenger seat of the Prius as she begged to see her dad (driver) "before he dies". They never even bothered bringing in the Life Flight helicopter for him. The driver of the truck was uninjured.

I'm sure the Prius got much better MPG than the truck.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco is the best MPG vehicle I have and the 2.7 is the smallest engine I've ever owned. I've never cared about MPG, even when daily driving my V10 Excursion through 4.75/gal gas. So no, I drive what makes me happy.

20220204_072936.jpg

Eastwood

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I order my Bronco, I'm getting the 2.7. Why? Because as of right now the 7.3 godzilla isn't an option. I do however, work 1 mile from home and my kids school is 5 blocks from work.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Insane!

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you are only saving the difference not the whole amount
Vehicle 1. DD 28 mpg
Vehicle 2. Bronco 2.7 18mpg
difference 10 gallons
OP said 45 minute drive so I'm assuming 45 miles. 20 mpg bronco, 2 gallons each way. 40 mpg whatever, 1 so 1 gallon/per trip, 2 per day ~1-2k per year savings.

And I stand by what I said, that's a bit of cash but then again, most people I know spend more on their phones and I can assure you driving a bronco will give more enjoyment than most people's phones. It isnt lose the house money but it isn't couch change either.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to start a climate change debate...
So I am stoked about the Bronco. It was the first car in a long time that made me consider swapping out my Subaru. I found a lot of cars recently follow the same bland look and the Bronco checks all the boxes for me from a design standpoint. For practicality reasons I need the 4 door as I am the usual driver of people and stuff for holiday, ski, beach, etc trips. I never forgot that the Bronco being a box on wheels and thus never going to be great on gas but this extended wait time has allowed me to continually contemplate the responsibility of driving said box 45min to work each way on top of trips. I know EVs have their own environmental impacts but it does feel selfish to DD a Bronco while it largely isn't being used off road. Any one else have this internal debate? How are you wrestling with this?
No because I don't feel guilty about driving what I want to drive. If they offered a 429 in one i would buy it just because.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife would rather drive her Base Squatch Bronco (~19mpg) than her Escape (~28mpg) any day.

She says it brings her smiles to the gallon!

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get the viewpoint, but I'm at 17mpg with my current vehicle so it's a bit of a lateral move.

If you're worried from a carbon footprint standpoint, maybe look elsewhere in your life? How are you using household appliances, what kinds of foods you are eating, etc could make just as much of an impact as your driving, depending on how much you drive.

Sponsored

Quinlans Rig

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My last dd was 13mpg, manual, and 550whp. I sold that and got my bronco. The bronco fits my needs and lifestyle at the moment. I never did worry about mpgs but more about the comfort and the joy of driving my cars. 🧐

blackh8552

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obx Sasquatch 2.7 and explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco 17 mpg
Explorer ST 24 mpg

Bronco is way more fun to drive around town and Explorer way easier to drive on highway for long distances and to go way to fast. First thing I said when I got the bronco is mpg sucks but I didn't buy it for fuel economy with 35's.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not trying to start a climate change debate...
So I am stoked about the Bronco. It was the first car in a long time that made me consider swapping out my Subaru. I found a lot of cars recently follow the same bland look and the Bronco checks all the boxes for me from a design standpoint. For practicality reasons I need the 4 door as I am the usual driver of people and stuff for holiday, ski, beach, etc trips. I never forgot that the Bronco being a box on wheels and thus never going to be great on gas but this extended wait time has allowed me to continually contemplate the responsibility of driving said box 45min to work each way on top of trips. I know EVs have their own environmental impacts but it does feel selfish to DD a Bronco while it largely isn't being used off road. Any one else have this internal debate? How are you wrestling with this?
Yep, I thought about it a lot; my 2021 Trail Boss LT is averaging 20.3 mpg after 11,000 miles (and 1500 of that was towing a 16', 4000 lb trailer through the mountains of CO), so I should get better than the 20 overall in the 2022 BD w/2.3L and 7MT. That being said, the feed back loop has started, so it's probably already too late to do much about ACD, and I'm glad that I'm almost 69 so I won't be around to see the damage that Ina Maka will suffer from our abuse, but I'm glad that you're taking it into account.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
20 mpg on regular isn't *that* bad.

We have a hybrid vehicle for many trips.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.