Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer has told me I that I am right on the cusp between a 21 and a 22. Totally believable given my timestamp but I assume I'm a twenty two. Here's where things get interesting.

Another dealer just as close offered me a thousand under invoice while the first dealer is asking MSRP. my current dealer told me they're only offering that deal because I'll definitely get a 2022 with them and that I need to check on their allocation because they probably already used up their allocation on the people who ordered from them.

To be clear they're 100% full of crap right?
-allocations at this point are only estimation
-orders will get built in the order they were reserved not the order they were putting
-their actual allocation is going to be based off of the number of reservations they convert not the number of reservations they had originally so in fact taking my reservation to a dealer is more likely to get that dealer additional allocation since they'll have more conversions

let me know if any of those assumptions above are incorrect but that's the impression I've gotten from reading here. There is absolutely no downside to switching to the cheaper dealer is there?

Just making sure I'm not crazy. I know a lot of people have posted similar stories and I've read them but what can I say it's a big purchase and I'm getting slightly cold feet about this decision.

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe you're 100% correct.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, it is impossible to know.

Don't drive yourself crazy overanalyzing the whole thing. It is jut going to ruin the experience - and the Bronco is too dang expensive to be mad.

MSRP place sounds like they are being as honest as they can be. Maybe their allocation number will grow - maybe they haven't heard from everyone yet - maybe they are trying to make heads or tails out of what Ford is now telling them vs how they have been operating for 3, 5, 10 years.

If you want to save money, go with the cheaper option.

If you want to get your first, probably staying where you are is best.

If you think one dealership is more trustworthy than they other - go with them. Then stop worrying about it and wait to see what April and May bring.

I'm committed and I am done worrying about it. I look forward to news about MY Bronco in April or May - or maybe June - or maybe July. Regardless, it is out of my hands and it feels good to have it this way...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Generally speaking, it sounds correct..... but it is all a guessing game at the moment!

Go with the dealer you trust, they are getting rare these days.

Don't shred any dealer too bad if their info is not spot on. They have been kept in the dark as much or worse than us and in many cases our members have had to help the dealers while ordering their own own Bronco.

OP
OP
Maine Explorer

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess playing games is probably the wrong word and I regret the way I phrased it. They don't seem like bad people and I assume they're just misinformed and giving me their best guess.

I'm going to do a little more research just to make sure that cheaper dealer isn't sketchy. Right now it seems like I'm choosing between a maybe and maybe the cost a few grand less.

Thanks for the feedback and the sanity check

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i took the whole allocation thing as being the expected # of vehicles that will be delivered MY 21. if my dealer who has 75 reservations and converted all 75 they told me they expected to only get 25 of those but the thing my dealer was doing was going down the list based on time stamps so they had an idea of where my reservation would fall based on all of the other reservations dates and timestamps that they had.

so what becomes difficult with switching is where the other reservation holders stand in terms of reservation timestamps and where your time stamp is. i feel like what they were trying to say is that sure you could go to the dealer thats offering the big discount but they could have 2x as many early reservation day timestamps which would push you out farther down the line compared to reserving with your current dealer.

But if you want or were looking at a 2022 anyway then its not really a big deal to you to wait and save that $ with the deal.

now the other factor when it comes to actual delivery is a different issue with what options on the vehicle you want, but again if its a 2022 then that might not be that big of an issue anyway.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The risk you have is: is your switching creating half a spot for someone further up in line at the discount dealer?

Your current dealer says “MSRP” and you are #21 of 22 (right on the outside edge). If they are like mine they got an allocation = to about 1/3 their reservations.

Dealer 2 offered the 1000 under discount, so presumably a lot of people switched to there. What you don’t know (unless dealer 2 told you) is where you are in that line.

When you switch, Dealer 1 will loose 1/3-1/2 and allocation and Dealer 2 will gain 1/3-1/2 and allocation. (This will somehow get worked out with all the switches in aggregate.)

What you really need to know is are you giving up your toe hold spot at Dealer 1 to some other person further up in line at Dealer 2.

Also, how much do you want a possible ‘21 versus an extra $2500 less price increases for ‘22?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So current dealer is MSRP regardless if you get allocated a 21 or a 22 correct?

Dealer #2 is offering $1000 under Invoice and you are likely to only get a 22. (corrected as I re-read the original post)

This presumes that Dealer #1 doesn't have as many early reservation holders and dealer #2 so your place in line at dealer #2 is further down the list.

If you move your reservation then Dealer #1 loses about 1/3 of an allocated Bronco and Dealer #2 gains about 1/3 of an allocated Bronco. If Dealer #2 gets two or three people to move reservations then they gain one 2021 Bronco in allocation which is their objective. This is pretty much the same enticement Granger has done for people with September and later reservations. Get more reservations to convert to orders to increase 2021 allocation.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your assumptions are as accurate as we know. Personally, I opted for the $1000 under invoice, as I figure where I am in the reservation line is likely to be about the same anywhere. Statistically, at any dealership, the same percentage of people will be ahead or behind me. Dealers would need to be very forthright about where I'd fall in their allocation in order for me to know if I might or might not get a '21, and that's without all of the unknowns, such as the configurations I chose that could push my build later. The one thing that is assured is the discount. So, I went with the savings, am planning on a fun road trip bringing it back and hoping for a '21 model, summer build. :)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer has told me I that I am right on the cusp between a 21 and a 22. Totally believable given my timestamp but I assume I'm a twenty two. Here's where things get interesting.

Another dealer just as close offered me a thousand under invoice while the first dealer is asking MSRP. my current dealer told me they're only offering that deal because I'll definitely get a 2022 with them and that I need to check on their allocation because they probably already used up their allocation on the people who ordered from them.

To be clear they're 100% full of crap right?
-allocations at this point are only estimation
-orders will get built in the order they were reserved not the order they were putting
-their actual allocation is going to be based off of the number of reservations they convert not the number of reservations they had originally so in fact taking my reservation to a dealer is more likely to get that dealer additional allocation since they'll have more conversions

let me know if any of those assumptions above are incorrect but that's the impression I've gotten from reading here. There is absolutely no downside to switching to the cheaper dealer is there?

Just making sure I'm not crazy. I know a lot of people have posted similar stories and I've read them but what can I say it's a big purchase and I'm getting slightly cold feet about this decision.

Thanks everyone.
All else equal, the dealer you leave gets less allocation and the dealer you move to gets more. It's supposed to be 50% of their MY 21 allocation formula, so the way I think of it, add 1/2 a Bronco to the new guy and subtract 1/2 a Bronco from the old.

Dealers offering good price deals are getting an outsized number of early reservation holders going to them, which turns early reservations into later deliveries. i am in a similar situation to you and many others. Should I move to a dealer where I know I can get a MY21 at MSRP or one that offers a discount, but probably MY22. I would only go with the MY21 option if I were well inside their projected allocations. If I were on the cusp of MY21/22, I'd go for saving the money.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked into changing dealers from my local dealer where I have zero relationship and a deal at MSRP to a dealer 30 mins away that has a deal for this community. I was told by Ford after calling the Bronco hotline that I would go to the end of the line at the new dealer. I think I'd be saving $2k, but likely waiting 6-12 months additional for a vehcicle.
Sponsored