First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took it to a Fab Shop and they used epoxy and bondo glass to fix it. They did a great job. Ford only offered the entire mechanical top as the smallest part I could order. $4,300. It's crazy. This happens on Jeeps all the time I found out. Best top, out of Colorado makes the soft top for the Jeep which Jeep then puts on as is produced on the assembly line. When I talk to best top this is a part they ship out to Jeep people for this exact situation. They've got multiple phone receptionists but the one I spoke to said it's common for the factory to send three to five of these parts out all over the US every day. Didn't make me feel better, but I understood that you can forget this when you're backing in. My mustang GT convertible has no problems backing into the garage with the convertible in the open position. But it also can't go over rocks and Baja the desert.
What fab shop did you go to? I am on Boca Raton, FL?
Sponsored

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is the header bow part available yet? My wife just went into garage with top open and did the exact same thing.
I'm not sure, I sure hope so. As I found out, this is not at all "Unheard of'. Jeeps soft top is manufactured by BestTop and they ship 2 or three a week. I'm not sure if Webasto has the OK from Ford or vice versa to ship just the Header. The gab shop o used is up here in Destin and it was fantastic. Hopefully someone at Ford can chime in and tell us the Header as a single part is available and able to be ordered. They out 'Jeeped" the king of the proverbial off road champ in just about every respect. I would hope they can allow those of us, and I've been contacted by 7 so far, to order this part. The Torx tool is already in the truck to take the hardware off and transfer it to a new header and the top fabric slides out so it's an easy fix. Keep realizes this happens and has the support for those Jeep Owners to get back on the road. Ford, make this part just as available and not make people order an entire top assembly, $4,000 and we only need the header and seal. Good luck, and for the record, my Mustang GT convertible is left open all the time when it's backed into the garage, not a single accident. (Okay, it's much lower, to the ground so there is that!). Bronco is amazing. Just less so with broke parts we ant get.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same thing on day 5 with the Bronco. My garage is all block with arched doors.

Thankfully, the only damage to the Bronco was white paint on the exposed soft top rail. The arch for the garage has 2 black streaks that need to be painted. Pretty sure the garage suffered more damage. 2nd time in this house (and 2nd Ford) where the concrete suffered more damage than the vehicle did.

I did end up with a tricky puzzle to solve as I could not back out and the door itsef would not clear the latch handles. I ended up disconnecting the door, sliding it up all the way, pulling it all the way in, taking out the windows, and then folding the top ALL the way back so I could pull it out and put the top back up.

So now I'm in the habit of looking up to make sure I see black and not sky before I pull in!

araines

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same thing on day 5 with the Bronco. My garage is all block with arched doors.

Thankfully, the only damage to the Bronco was white paint on the exposed soft top rail. The arch for the garage has 2 black streaks that need to be painted. Pretty sure the garage suffered more damage. 2nd time in this house (and 2nd Ford) where the concrete suffered more damage than the vehicle did.

I did end up with a tricky puzzle to solve as I could not back out and the door itsef would not clear the latch handles. I ended up disconnecting the door, sliding it up all the way, pulling it all the way in, taking out the windows, and then folding the top ALL the way back so I could pull it out and put the top back up.

So now I'm in the habit of looking up to make sure I see black and not sky before I pull in!

Soft top with damaged header bow removed. I am headed to a boat fiberglass shop next week to have them epoxy and bondo glass the header bow, and then likely paint it black to cover up repaired areas. In the meantime, I purchased and had the dealership install the bestop trek top from ford accessories which looks amazing, and has no wavy windows.

A6F3AFBE-CCDB-4CFF-BFE8-7218F747C029.jpeg

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks so much better than the Webasto Crap that comes stock
Sponsored