ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So just two weeks into ownership of my Bronco I broke the Soft Top!

The Broncos been great, from wading into the gulf extracting a Waverunner, to hauling luggage and passengers to and from the airport with ease, and swallowing a flatbed full Sam's club items it's cavernous cargo area!

In exchange for it's fantastic abilities and service I give my bronco a big thank you by smashing my soft top into my garage wall. I probably would have been better off had the bronco been safely held at the Michigan Assembly plant!

I wonder if there's a part number for just the composite panel at the hardware screws into?

View attachment 160594

View attachment 160596

View attachment 160597

View attachment 160600

View attachment 160602

View attachment 160603

View attachment 160607
Yeah, most likely there is but you'll likely need a detailed drawing of it to find the number.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We need a (is it) Brown Betty voice...pull up pull up!!!!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would just JB Weld the hell out of it. If it's just the metal plate that is damaged, you can at least get it functional again.
JB weld isn't great with cardboard. Perhaps a resin based 2-part epoxy putty, 14 mid-strength beers, blame it on the significant other, and save about $2,000 for a new top that's available in 2023 (as there's not going to be a lot of spare tops these days)

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know a guy who drove his Tesla Model X into his garage (at least partially) with the rear gull wing doors all the way up....not a pretty site, the glass roof, doors, hinges and frame were a mess.

At least you can try to repair the damage or replace the top.

Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So just two weeks into ownership of my Bronco I broke the Soft Top!

The Broncos been great, from wading into the gulf extracting a Waverunner, to hauling luggage and passengers to and from the airport with ease, and swallowing a flatbed full Sam's club items it's cavernous cargo area!

In exchange for it's fantastic abilities and service I give my bronco a big thank you by smashing my soft top into my garage wall. I probably would have been better off had the bronco been safely held at the Michigan Assembly plant!

I wonder if there's a part number for just the composite panel at the hardware screws into?

View attachment 160594

View attachment 160596

View attachment 160597

View attachment 160600

View attachment 160602

View attachment 160603

View attachment 160607
Insurance claim…take the money and buy BesTop(They don’t have wavy windows). Interesting part is how insurance will handle this since no Ford soft top is available.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know a guy who drove his Tesla Model X into his garage (at least partially) with the rear gull wing doors all the way up....not a pretty site, the glass roof, doors, hinges and frame were a mess.

At least you can try to repair the damage or replace the top.
Ouch, that's awful about the X. It looks like just the Composite panel that goes across broke off at the attachment points but I have no idea if that panel has a part number separate from the entire top.
Sponsored