First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I got the parts diagram, the local dealer can't find the header piece, says I have to buy the whole soft top for $4,169???

Here's the diagram I circled the part that I need any help would be appreciated! Can't drive our Bronco without it!

Forum members do what we do best and help out each other!

Screenshot_20210820-170544.jpg

IMG_20210820_174354.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess I'll register at Bronco Nation and see if there are members on there that can help. Maybe being an official Ford affiliated forum they have access to Ford Techs. Wish us luck!

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Luck! The fact that picture did not call out a part number for the header makes me believe that Ford is not selling that part by itself. Hate to say it but you are probably SOL. I really hope I am wrong but "only sold as part of the whole assembly" is way too common.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'll register at Bronco Nation and see if there are members on there that can help. Maybe being an official Ford affiliated forum they have access to Ford Techs. Wish us luck!
Personally, if you can't find the piece, I would reach out to the TFL guys to see if they could help you get a replacement from Bestop.

Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ve all been there. The night my dad died, I forgot to put the car in park and when I got out of the car it got the garage door. Doh!

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally, if you can't find the piece, I would reach out to the TFL guys to see if they could help you get a replacement from Bestop.
Offer to buy the TFL MIC top. It had a rattle, but with a little ingenuity, you could fix it!

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
**Thanks to a Forum member, found out "BestTop" makes the soft top for Ford to assemble. The parts contract with Besttop and Ford doesn't allow them to sell to customers, must go through Ford. The part I broke is the Header Assembly, still need the Ford Part Number??? Help is appreciated!!
*18 Aug Updated pics*
**Really need Part number help from forum*

So just two weeks into ownership of my Bronco I broke the Soft Top!

The Broncos been great, from wading into the gulf extracting a Waverunner, to hauling luggage and passengers to and from the airport with ease, and swallowing a flatbed full Sam's club items it's cavernous cargo area!

In exchange for it's fantastic abilities and service I give my bronco a big thank you by smashing my soft top into my garage wall. I probably would have been better off had the bronco been safely held at the Michigan Assembly plant!

I wonder if there's a part number for just the composite panel at the hardware screws into?

View attachment 161136

View attachment 161137

View attachment 161142

View attachment 161143

View attachment 161147

View attachment 161148

View attachment 161149

View attachment 161150
A bunch of years ago, I purchased a Thule roof box for my QX-56 which was at the time a new model. Because it was a new model the Thule didn't fit exact on the truck so I took the rails apart and riveted everything back together just perfectly. I was so proud of my work and the way it looked I decided to leave it on the truck after we came home from skiing. I was so bummed (and embarrassed) when I completely ripped the top off the Thule in a low parking garage! lol. I feel for you, it's got to be 100x worst!

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wouldn't this be covered under insurance and you would just need to pay your deductible?

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A bunch of years ago, I purchased a Thule roof box for my QX-56 which was at the time a new model. Because it was a new model the Thule didn't fit exact on the truck so I took the rails apart and riveted everything back together just perfectly. I was so proud of my work and the way it looked I decided to leave it on the truck after we came home from skiing. I was so bummed (and embarrassed) when I completely ripped the top off the Thule in a low parking garage! lol. I feel for you, it's got to be 100x worst!
Ouch! Yes it's a bummer, Ford should have a replacement part as this is pretty common in the Jeep soft top repair items.

Doesn't make me feel any better though! I do feel your pain as we had a QX56 it was a great vehicle except when the hydraulic suspension needed servicing!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/smashed-my-soft-top-into-garage.14182/

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4K?!?! What?! The Bestop is like $1,800

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
wouldn't this be covered under insurance and you would just need to pay your deductible?
It is ryuk but I don't want to make a claim for a whole new roof when it can be just like with the front crossbar replaced. Insurance companies rate vehicles on loss claims, and this is a less than $300 part versus a 4,200 entire top!

Company called BESTTOP makes the frame and HAARTZ company out of Boston Sends them the Fabric portion.

Both of them are tier 2 suppliers to Ford and they're mode in the USA which is awesome!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...ill-supply-ford-bronco-soft-tops-and-more/amp

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
4K?!?! What?! The Bestop is like $1,800
That's what the dealers parts department quoted me. He says he doesn't see that part coming separate and you have to buy the whole frame. That's why I'm reaching out here to see if somebody can help identify just that Cross beam or top header as it's called.
You can see below the part number in the price is quoted by mullinax Ford.

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall Screenshot_20210820-170544

Screenshot_20210821-200508.jpg

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Offer to buy the TFL MIC top. It had a rattle, but with a little ingenuity, you could fix it!
I don't know there top look like it was ripping seals and scratching the metal I'll definitely wait till they get the MIC top figure it out before I buy one. And here in Florida the soft tops fantastic especially how it flips back so easy, until you back into your garage with it 😭

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what the dealers parts department quoted me. He says he doesn't see that part coming separate and you have to buy the whole frame. That's why I'm reaching out here to see if somebody can help identify just that Cross beam or top header as it's called.
You can see below the part number in the price is quoted by mullinax Ford.

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall Screenshot_20210821-200508

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall Screenshot_20210821-200508
Ohhh I saw the first post but you actually broke the soft top assembly so even with a new soft top you would have nothing to attach it to?
Sponsored