TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, super glad i built my house with 8' garage doors instead of the standard 7' rough go
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would think there is some type of fabricator out there who could work some magic on a custom piece - at half the price it would be a bargain for both of you. Finding that kind of craftsman is the problem anymore.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

**Thanks to a Forum member, found out "BestTop" NOT ACCURATE, 28 AUG WAS TOLD WEBASTO makes the soft top for Ford to assemble. Webasto doesn't sell to customers, must go through Ford. The part I broke is the Header Assembly, still need the Ford Part Number??? Help is appreciated!!
*18 Aug Updated pics*
**Really need Part number help from forum*

So just two weeks into ownership of my Bronco I broke the Soft Top!

The Broncos been great, from wading into the gulf extracting a Waverunner, to hauling luggage and passengers to and from the airport with ease, and swallowing a flatbed full Sam's club items it's cavernous cargo area!

In exchange for it's fantastic abilities and service I give my bronco a big thank you by smashing my soft top into my garage wall. I probably would have been better off had the bronco been safely held at the Michigan Assembly plant!

I wonder if there's a part number for just the composite panel at the hardware screws into?

View attachment 161136

View attachment 161137

View attachment 161142

View attachment 161143

View attachment 161147

View attachment 161148

View attachment 161149

View attachment 161150
Looks like the molding to the bracket broke wouldn’t be suprised if you
Need a whole new top maybe just ditch the shitty webasto top amd get a bestop but they like 2000 I think

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like the molding to the bracket broke wouldn’t be suprised if you
Need a whole new top maybe just ditch the shitty webasto top amd get a bestop but they like 2000 I think
Yes dealer confirms entire top. Bestop isn't selling theirs yet, I can't drive my bronco with 490 Mike's on it cause what I did to it, but bestop is still not ready for prime time. Unless your TFL!😀

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any chance you can glue this back together (for scanning purposes) and then have someone 3D scan and 3D print this out of composites? There are some pretty strong materials being used now for that. It would have to be a large format device, but have to believe this is possible - certainly for less than the price of a top and sooner I would think.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the stock top, sans the wave on the rear window. The Trektop has a smaller window, but it doesn't fold down all the way and the rear clamshell functionality isn't there either. Given cost difference the fastback is the way to go once it is available. Hope something goes your way soon.

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall vm2dz-78501c25-h_closed

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there any chance you can glue this back together (for scanning purposes) and then have someone 3D scan and 3D print this out of composites? There are some pretty strong materials being used now for that. It would have to be a large format device, but have to believe this is possible - certainly for less than the price of a top and sooner I would think.
I was even thinking a fiberglass fabrication might work.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was even thinking a fiberglass fabrication might work.
If it is just the portions where the screws are secured, I'd try to mod it by creating an insert or some means of securing the fasteners in a more solid material (like creating a metal block or sandwich it in there. From what I understand, none of this is exposed to the elements, but hidden under the fabric. If so, countersinking anchoring on the back side would not be an issue (I would think). Hope it helps.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That sounds like a good thing! Jeeps OEM, Bestop, ships out replacement pieces for this part on the Wrangler, at least twice a day per Bedroom customer care in Colorado.

It not only is better for the customer, but is much better for the environment.

I have know idea who to talk to about 3d Scanning and or Printing here in Niceville, Destin area. Ford customer service at the dealer and corporate has been great in trying to source one.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of a crazy idea. If there are any polytechnic vocational schools in your area, you can reach out to them to see if they are up for a challenge. I recently visited the PolyTech school my son is interested in and they had some large 3D printers.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from any fabbing, I would definitely pursue the Customer Relations side of this - it is hard to imagine that it would not be possible for the supplier to provide (at a price) that single piece in this situation, given that there is apparently a backlog and no way to repair other than to take a full top that could be used for shipping another Bronco...

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
**Thanks to a Forum member, found out "BestTop" NOT ACCURATE, 28 AUG WAS TOLD WEBASTO makes the soft top for Ford to assemble. Webasto doesn't sell to customers, must go through Ford. The part I broke is the Header Assembly, still need the Ford Part Number??? Help is appreciated!!
*18 Aug Updated pics*
**Really need Part number help from forum*

So just two weeks into ownership of my Bronco I broke the Soft Top!

The Broncos been great, from wading into the gulf extracting a Waverunner, to hauling luggage and passengers to and from the airport with ease, and swallowing a flatbed full Sam's club items it's cavernous cargo area!

In exchange for it's fantastic abilities and service I give my bronco a big thank you by smashing my soft top into my garage wall. I probably would have been better off had the bronco been safely held at the Michigan Assembly plant!

I wonder if there's a part number for just the composite panel at the hardware screws into?

View attachment 161136

View attachment 161137

View attachment 161142

View attachment 161143

View attachment 161147

View attachment 161148

View attachment 161149

View attachment 161150
saw a woman do the same thing on a youtube channel I follow. Had the Bronco less than 2 weeks. She just bent hers a little, still functional.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it is just the portions where the screws are secured, I'd try to mod it by creating an insert or some means of securing the fasteners in a more solid material (like creating a metal block or sandwich it in there. From what I understand, none of this is exposed to the elements, but hidden under the fabric. If so, countersinking anchoring on the back side would not be an issue (I would think). Hope it helps.
You are exactly correct, I'm pretty handy, but will spend a huge amount of time planning before I add other materials, methods to ensure it's as close to original as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I've shot from the hip on plenty of repairs, but this I will be patient with.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Kind of a crazy idea. If there are any polytechnic vocational schools in your area, you can reach out to them to see if they are up for a challenge. I recently visited the PolyTech school my son is interested in and they had some large 3D printers.
That's a great idea! I work on Eglin Air Force Base where we literally fabricate missiles, and bombs Daily! We drop and test them to on the largest Base in the World that is Eglin.

Problem is I can't use Taxpayers money or equipment for my personal gain. I guess they only let Congress do that!!😀
Sponsored