Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't caught up on this thread since page 5, maybe this has already been said but it is nice that the antenna is higher than the roof line (not with the top folded half back). It will act as a "curb feeler" when entering tight parking garages.

If the antenna does rub the roof will have a few inches of room if the top all the way back/off or closed.

Edited to add that we did the same thing pulling into the garage. At that point we were in the habit of hearing the antenna barely touch the door so the antenna warning system failed in this case.
Sponsored

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sorry to hear that RegularBronco. That sucks. Sorry is this was already asked but I did not see it when I was scanning through. Does anybody know the specs on what the height of a Sasquatch would be when the top is opened in the 1st flipped back position? I have to imagine this is going to be a painful and common happening for us (myself included). I currently have an 8 foot garage door so I'm hoping that the number is less than that.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was even thinking a fiberglass fabrication might work.
I would need to figure out what the composite header is made out of for adhesive compatibility. All good ideas for sure.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't caught up on this thread since page 5, maybe this has already been said but it is nice that the antenna is higher than the roof line (not with the top folded half back). It will act as a "curb feeler" when entering tight parking garages.

If the antenna does rub the roof will have a few inches of room if the top all the way back/off or closed.

Edited to add that we did the same thing pulling into the garage. At that point we were in the habit of hearing the antenna barely touch the door so the antenna warning system failed in this case.
So it's a pretty common occurrence on the jeep side of the house as well this the availability of replacement header piece from Jeeps OEM top maker, Bestop. Their phone customer service reps are great. Maybe we have to help Webasto offset some of their losses on their Hardtop division.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Perhaps a 12-18 inch antenna-like "curb feeler" that clips onto the front soft top connecting point when you 1/2 drop the top. Low tech reminder that your top is sticking up.

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall Inkeddownload_LI

Sponsored
OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Perhaps a 12-18 inch antenna-like "curb feeler" that clips onto the front soft top connecting point when you 1/2 drop the top. Low tech reminder that your top is sticking up.

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall Inkeddownload_LI
I would need one on the Back as well, as I back my Bronco in. Although, something tells me this hurt so much, I won't ever do it again! I hope!

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3 September update. We got up off guts to take six torx screws off, flipped the canvas tabs over and you're able to slide the entire soft top out of the bow header. You can order these for Mustangs, so now I need help with the forum of finding this part! Somebody who knows somebody over at w a b a s t o or high up on Ford parts please secure one for us!

Behold the soft top bow header
Note the production tag, date and time of production as well as supplier production part numbers.
IMG_20210902_174542.jpg
IMG_20210902_173410_01.jpg
IMG_20210902_173354_01.jpg
IMG_20210902_173420_01.jpg

Screenshot_20210902-172032.jpg

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won’t that that again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@regularbronco Unfortunately I’m in the same predicament. How did you get that part?
I took it to a Fab Shop and they used epoxy and bondo glass to fix it. They did a great job. Ford only offered the entire mechanical top as the smallest part I could order. $4,300. It's crazy. This happens on Jeeps all the time I found out. Best top, out of Colorado makes the soft top for the Jeep which Jeep then puts on as is produced on the assembly line. When I talk to best top this is a part they ship out to Jeep people for this exact situation. They've got multiple phone receptionists but the one I spoke to said it's common for the factory to send three to five of these parts out all over the US every day. Didn't make me feel better, but I understood that you can forget this when you're backing in. My mustang GT convertible has no problems backing into the garage with the convertible in the open position. But it also can't go over rocks and Baja the desert.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK. Now that I have taken delivery, I wanted to follow through with my idea for a 1/2 down warning system for the soft top owners. Lots of ways to do this, but I wanted a decent look. I found a 17" antenna at Walmart of all places that looks similar to the OEM antenna ($9.99). A magnet base and 1/4-20 screw at Home Depot ($4.00), and a little drilling to make the magnet hole large enough to accommodate the screw. Walla.
I could have gotten a magnetic CB antenna and just cut the cord off, but I wanted it to look a little nicer. Just as a point of reference, 15-17" is the right length to represent the height of the top.
Good luck!

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall IMG_4014
Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall IMG_4016

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall IMG_4018

talbot74

Black Diamond
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK. Now that I have taken delivery, I wanted to follow through with my idea for a 1/2 down warning system for the soft top owners. Lots of ways to do this, but I wanted a decent look. I found a 17" antenna at Walmart of all places that looks similar to the OEM antenna ($9.99). A magnet base and 1/4-20 screw at Home Depot ($4.00), and a little drilling to make the magnet hole large enough to accommodate the screw. Walla.
I could have gotten a magnetic CB antenna and just cut the cord off, but I wanted it to look a little nicer. Just as a point of reference, 15-17" is the right length to represent the height of the top.
Good luck!

Ford Bronco I broke my Bronco Top!  Smashed my soft top into garage wall IMG_4018

This is awesome and would have saved me on my most recent post... Thanks!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the header bow part available yet? My wife just went into garage with top open and did the exact same thing.
Man I am sorry to hear that. Even with my little curb feeler attachment I am still paranoid about having it open when I go in the garage. I hope it comes out well for you. I'm sure the wife feels terrible.
Sponsored