First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I traded in my JLUR on this 2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch. I checked basically every box except leather and the modular bumper.

I have installed a JCR Vanguard bumper and ACC relocation (drops the module like 1 inch or so) and it works perfectly.
Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221117_175130646

I went out of state for Thanksgiving and basically did 450 miles round trip. Basically 3 1/2 hours each direction.

The biggest thing I noted on the drive... I WAS NOT CONSTANTLY MANIPULATING THE STEERING WHEEL! Something that was annoying as heck in the Wrangler. You're just all over the road, and if it's windy... OH MY!

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221122_145428553

This thing moves so effortlessly down the road. Passing semi trucks on the 2 lane roads is a breeze, you just barely get into the gas and next thing you know, you're going 90! A much different feeling than the wrangler where you really had to time your passes on the 65 MPH 2 lane roads.

My biggest gripe about the 2018 Wrangler was seat comfort. I could never get comfortable for a road trip longer than 2 hours. It literally made my butt hurt to drive that thing. I was able to get the bronco seat positioned to my liking within the 1st hour of ownership and could literally drive to the northern circle and back in this thing!

My trip out of town was with essentially zero wind. 215 ish miles got me 18.4 MPG on a non-broke in motor. My return trip today was pretty windy. I noticed I was in boost most of the time driving back, but still net 15.5 all the way home.

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221126_172443742

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221126_153105025~2

I haven't got this on any trails yet, but that changes tomorrow (sunday the 27th) and I can't wait to see the differences between my 4 year old jeep and this.

I was dead against the bronco's IFS when it was announced. But then I saw it... and I had to have it haha!

I don't know why I washed it after that trip knowing I was gonna get it dirty tomorrow, but man it looks good.

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221126_205751792

I think tomorrow is gonna be a good day! I do not anticipate being disappointed at all offroad!
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well congrats! What color is that?

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah i've noticed that. some kind of weird camera trickery or maybe the auto white balance is a bit off lol!

Sponsored

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Justin. I've been watching your YouTube channel ever since I ran across that video with the TFL gang almost a year ago. Enjoy watching the recovery vids, and I can't wait to see how your Bronco performs out on the trail. Congrats! (y)

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Justin. I've been watching your YouTube channel ever since I ran across that video with the TFL gang almost a year ago. Enjoy watching the recovery vids, and I can't wait to see how your Bronco performs out on the trail. Congrats! (y)
Awesome thanks!! It appears to have snowed here a tad overnight. Gonna have to evaluate what trail I attempt today now. Or maybe wait a few hours for the sun to do its thing.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Traded in my '19 JLUR on my '22 Badsquatch 2 weeks ago, and your post is pretty much my experience and feelings exactly.

As for looking orange in photos, that's pretty common. The General Lee was actually painted bright red for it to show up as orange in the show ;)

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Idk,im blown across the highway in my bronco too with crosswinds. I think you will prolly miss the jeep when it comes to rock crawling if you do that. Solid front axle is superior for that. But for a vehicle that can do moderate trail riding and be a daily highway driver it beats a jeep imo

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
215 ish miles got me 18.4 MPG on a non-broke in motor. My return trip today was pretty windy. I noticed I was in boost most of the time driving back,...
If you notice you are in boost a lot, shift into Sport Mode. You will get better gas mileage. This is because higher RPM in a lower Gear with less boost = better MPG.

Assuming you have an automatic. If a stick, just keep it out of 6th.

Best annalogy I have is that driving these turbos is like driving an old 70's big block with a 4-barrel carb. Use the back barrels for passing, but otherwise try to keep on just the front ones.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you notice you are in boost a lot, shift into Sport Mode. You will get better gas mileage. This is because higher RPM in a lower Gear with less boost = better MPG.

Assuming you have an automatic. If a stick, just keep it out of 6th.

Best annalogy I have is that driving these turbos is like driving an old 70's big block with a 4-barrel carb. Use the back barrels for passing, but otherwise try to keep on just the front ones.
oh that's good to know thank you. i haven't really played with the different modes yet.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Idk,im blown across the highway in my bronco too with crosswinds. I think you will prolly miss the jeep when it comes to rock crawling if you do that. Solid front axle is superior for that. But for a vehicle that can do moderate trail riding and be a daily highway driver it beats a jeep imo
I am expecting it to be a trade off. What the bronco gains in daily comfort will suffer on the harder trails. I'm just hoping that the lockers and careful tire placement get me through it. I'm not one of the crawlers that will spend all day to go 1 mile, i just like to wheel and see the scenery and tackle that rock in the trail.