Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I traded in my JLUR on this 2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch. I checked basically every box except leather and the modular bumper.

I have installed a JCR Vanguard bumper and ACC relocation (drops the module like 1 inch or so) and it works perfectly.
Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! spits-coffee-laughin

I went out of state for Thanksgiving and basically did 450 miles round trip. Basically 3 1/2 hours each direction.

The biggest thing I noted on the drive... I WAS NOT CONSTANTLY MANIPULATING THE STEERING WHEEL! Something that was annoying as heck in the Wrangler. You're just all over the road, and if it's windy... OH MY!

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! spits-coffee-laughin

This thing moves so effortlessly down the road. Passing semi trucks on the 2 lane roads is a breeze, you just barely get into the gas and next thing you know, you're going 90! A much different feeling than the wrangler where you really had to time your passes on the 65 MPH 2 lane roads.

My biggest gripe about the 2018 Wrangler was seat comfort. I could never get comfortable for a road trip longer than 2 hours. It literally made my butt hurt to drive that thing. I was able to get the bronco seat positioned to my liking within the 1st hour of ownership and could literally drive to the northern circle and back in this thing!

My trip out of town was with essentially zero wind. 215 ish miles got me 18.4 MPG on a non-broke in motor. My return trip today was pretty windy. I noticed I was in boost most of the time driving back, but still net 15.5 all the way home.

I haven't got this on any trails yet, but that changes tomorrow (sunday the 27th) and I can't wait to see the differences between my 4 year old jeep and this.

I was dead against the bronco's IFS when it was announced. But then I saw it... and I had to have it haha!

I don't know why I washed it after that trip knowing I was gonna get it dirty tomorrow, but man it looks good.

I think tomorrow is gonna be a good day! I do not anticipate being disappointed at all offroad!
Welcome!!

Continue to rock! 🤘

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What's your youtube channel? I'll check it out.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you notice you are in boost a lot, shift into Sport Mode. You will get better gas mileage. This is because higher RPM in a lower Gear with less boost = better MPG.

Assuming you have an automatic. If a stick, just keep it out of 6th.
Color me skeptical. Gasoline engines are most efficient at low RPM, WOT. That is where friction and throttle/pumping losses are lowest. This is in stark contrast to diesel engines, which are most efficient at part-load conditions (no throttle=no throttle losses). And contrary to popular belief, turbochargers increase overall efficiency when they are providing boost, because they are extracting (otherwise lost) energy from the exhaust stream.

If you need x HP to maintain a particular speed on the highway, it is more efficient to achieve that at say 2200 RPM, 80% throttle w/ some boost in top gear than at say 2500 RPM, 60% throttle w/ no boost in a lower gear.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have installed a JCR Vanguard bumper and ACC relocation (drops the module like 1 inch or so) and it works perfectly.
Can you post a picture of the front camera view? I'm interested in how much it does or does not block the camera.

Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I traded in my JLUR on this 2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch. I checked basically every box except leather and the modular bumper.

The biggest thing I noted on the drive... I WAS NOT CONSTANTLY MANIPULATING THE STEERING WHEEL! Something that was annoying as heck in the Wrangler. You're just all over the road, and if it's windy... OH MY!

This thing moves so effortlessly down the road. Passing semi trucks on the 2 lane roads is a breeze, you just barely get into the gas and next thing you know, you're going 90! A much different feeling than the wrangler where you really had to time your passes on the 65 MPH 2 lane roads.

My biggest gripe about the 2018 Wrangler was seat comfort. I could never get comfortable for a road trip longer than 2 hours. It literally made my butt hurt to drive that thing. I was able to get the bronco seat positioned to my liking within the 1st hour of ownership and could literally drive to the northern circle and back in this thing!
You've nailed all the major points but one! The Tech in the Bronco is a big improvement over Jeep as well. We've owned 9 Jeeps incl. several iterations of the Wrangler. The Bronco is a better rig, no questions asked. The only Jeep I really miss is our old 1990 Cherokee XJ. But that had it's issues too.

baozebub

Black Diamond
First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Color me skeptical. Gasoline engines are most efficient at low RPM, WOT. That is where friction and throttle/pumping losses are lowest. This is in stark contrast to diesel engines, which are most efficient at part-load conditions (no throttle=no throttle losses). And contrary to popular belief, turbochargers increase overall efficiency when they are providing boost, because they are extracting (otherwise lost) energy from the exhaust stream.

If you need x HP to maintain a particular speed on the highway, it is more efficient to achieve that at say 2200 RPM, 80% throttle w/ some boost in top gear than at say 2500 RPM, 60% throttle w/ no boost in a lower gear.
10,000 miles on my Bronco BD 4dr 2.7L. I've switched to Normal mode permanently from Eco due to better gas mileage. I haven't switched to Sport mode because I don't want to have 4WD on all the time.

I will also switch over to manual going up a hill so I can downshift to 8M with less than 4psi boost rather than let the auto keep it in 10 with 6+ psi of boost. The turbo really does burn a lot more gas.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yeah i've noticed that. some kind of weird camera trickery or maybe the auto white balance is a bit off lol!
Many of the colors, especially the yellow/orange and even my Area51, change shades all day long, depending on lighting and time of day.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco being the better highway cruiser is also one of the main reasons I'm trading my JK for the Bronco. I also don't plan to off-road it much.

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not correct. You also have to realize that low RPM and higher boost creates heat in the motor. Ford uses fuel to help cool the cylinder down. So long, sustained low rpm and high(er) boost will result in lower fuel economy. As many have said, the Ford EcoBoost is either Eco or Boost, not both.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford uses fuel to help cool the cylinder down.
Ford Engineers: "Alright, we have a large radiator with a high volume of coolant being pumped through the engine. Instead of using that cooling system to perform its sole function, let's spray fuel all over sh!t instead".

I mean, we've seen some face-palms from Ford engineers before, but if this one were true, we should all trade our Broncos immediately.

The only thing cooled by fuel in any modern passenger vehicle is the fuel system (pump/injectors), and no additional fuel is consumed by that process.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI - You can put it in Sport mode and hit 2wd. No need to keep in 4wd in the Sport mode.
Correct! Beat me to it.

Also, OPs Badlands does not have Sport Mode.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know why I washed it after that trip knowing I was gonna get it dirty tomorrow, but man it looks good.
Can't wait to hear how your first trailing was compared to the Jeep. Mine has tackled trails beyond expectation for me, and it leaves my surprised each time how great it is out of the box.

I think the popular analogy is if you know you're gonna crap tomorrow, why bother wiping?

That said, I like my Bronco looking dirty for a few days after a trail run. But I still wipe right away.
Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! 20221128_100419

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! 20221128_070816
Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! 20221128_070825
Sponsored